Home

Swamp Trooper = Jungles of Yavin IV?

Emon

We know that Yavin IV is one of the settings of the game, but the Swamp Troopers must indicate that there are huge jungles of Yavin IV to explore, no? I mean, it's not everyday you'd see a Swamp Trooper roaming around in Nar Shadda. :p

Originally posted by Emon1337

We know that Yavin IV is one of the settings of the game, but the Swamp Troopers must indicate that there are huge jungles of Yavin IV to explore, no? I mean, it's not everyday you'd see a Swamp Trooper roaming around in Nar Shadda. :p

Well there might be some other planet with jungles. Maybe Kyle has to find the entrance to a base or something and has to go through a swamp.

Dagobah? What's that?

But seriously. You know what I just realized? (No you don't unless you read ahead). Almost all of the worlds in the SW universe are single-climate. With so many debates about how blasters work I'm surprised nobody mentioned that little tidbit.

Of course, in thinking further there ARE a bunch on monoclimatic worlds we know of. Take the case of Mercury. And Venus. Mars. Jupiter. Saturn. Uranus. Neptune. Pluto. Yes I know Jupiter is iffy on that.

Originally posted by StarScrap

Almost all of the worlds in the SW universe are single-climate. With so many debates about how blasters work I'm surprised nobody mentioned that little tidbit.

Yes, I realised that a loooong time ago. :)

Of course, in thinking further there ARE a bunch on monoclimatic worlds we know of. Take the case of Mercury. And Venus. Mars. Jupiter. Saturn. Uranus. Neptune. Pluto. Yes I know Jupiter is iffy on that.

It depends a lot on their proximity to the sun - whether the water is actually a liquid, rather than ice (the further away from a star) or it's just vapour (or simply boiled away). We're lucky to be near the middle of a band around the sun that gives us the right temperature. It also helps if the planet you're standing on wobbles slightly on it's axis and is in a slight elliptical orbit to give you seasonal climatic changes (as the Earth does). Some reckon if not for the Moon, the Earth would be either very erratic, wobbling all over the place, or remain static on it's axis (no wobble) which would mean the climate would remain constant for every region of the planet.

I guess there are a lot of factors there that might not be duplicated across a whole wealth of planets, even if they were in that 'temperate' band...

...so perhaps the monoclimatic model is the norm...and we are the variation from the theme...

Originally posted by StormHammer

...so perhaps the monoclimatic model is the norm...and we are the variation from the theme...

That was pretty much my point in the second paragraph.

Oh, by the way, we are by no means lucky to live on a planet that's exactly the way we like it. If you believe in evolution one of two things is true. 1) Life can't come into being on any other type of planet (which is really silly, I'll explain more if someone asks) or 2) Life will always evolve on a planet that's just the way they like it, because of the nature of evolution.

If you believe in creation then it was created by God for his creations, so of course they're gonna like it.

Either way it has nothing to do with luck.

They already confirmed Yavin IV as a location. Where else would you meet up with Luke?

Also, I hope on Yavin IV you get to go into Exar Kun's temple. You know, the one with the lake around it, where nothing lives. And inside is that big black floating crystal that some people say, if you stare at it long enough, you could see the faces of the souls trapped inside of it. *ooohhooohhhooo*

:p

Archived