Home

Lightsaber and other guns in SP

Hunter545

What weapons will you use while playing singleplayer?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What weapons will you use while playing singleplayer?

• Only the lightsaber. I want to become skilled with it!
    • Only the guns! I love guns!
    • Both!
    • Mostly the lightsaber, but sometimes the guns!
    • Mostly guns, sometimes the lightsaber!

Originally posted by Omne

I think I used just the saber for most of what I played through in JK. That's what I'll prolly use in JKII.

The only thing bad about the sabers in JK is that it looks like a stick, and sometimes it is hard to block ALL the shots.

I will mostly use Lightsaber(and Force powers), but I don't leave guns totally out. It depends on situation: enemy may be too far away(like in couple of those screenshots) and I don't want to throw my lightsaber to kill that guy(and doing so draw too much attention to myself), so I might use sniper rifle instead. Also, a lot of enemies might be coming right at me occasionally, so I blow them up with a thermal detonator or two(if someone survives from that blast, I take him and his pals down with Golan Arms FC-1). So you see, saber will propably be best weapon for close range fights only(except, if mission requires stealth, I will smack enemies with stun baton). :cool:

I'll be playing SP in every conceivable way...just as I did with JK. I voted both because it will probably be a mix the first time around...just to get a feel for all of the weapons. Then I'll focus on Saber/Force, then all guns...then 1st person, 3rd person, fists (if included), etc...

Replay value is automatically built in before you start. :D

Ahhh....so the person who voted "all guns" won't show himself. :)

Ya, I voted both because I usually pick stuff by situation the first time through. I want to be able to use the Golan Arms FC-1 without guilt as soon as I get it.

Saayyy....I don't know why I just thought of this, but I wonder if you'll be able to chuck stuff (not thermal detonators) or move stuff with the force and have it distract stormies.

I agree with Lord_Finnson; sabre mostly except when it makes sense to use a gun to snipe or what not.

I just started thinking; do you suppose it is possible to play through the game without using the sabre once? I guess there will be some puzzles where you need to open somthing with the sabre or something like that; but for the most part?

Also, do you suppose that you can deflect a thrown sabre that is coming toward you with force push? how about a thrown detonator? Hmm....

Mostly lightsaber, guns when I feel like it.

I'll be using lightsaber more than anything simply because it's my weapon of choice. I like the idea of the lightsaber being the only weapon a Jedi needs.

By the same token, I won't feel obliged to use ONLY lightsaber my first run through. If I feel like taking out that stormtrooper rifle and lighting up some hostiles, then so be it.

Given that you are supposed to start without a lightsaber ... I assume I will need to do some blasting ...

Other than that, I agree with most in that my goal is to be saber-only, but can envision some sniping requiring the scoped blast rifle.

I'm also excited about the prospect about some stealthy sneaking around with the saber unignited ... I hope that things like running rather than walkign and having the saber ignited will alert enemies ...

Mike

Why bother designing 11 different weapons if everyone is just going to stick with the light saber and occasionally glance at the other projectile weapons?? Come one, Raven put in a lot of time in modeling and balancing all of the other weapons, I think one should not be so bias as to say, well, guns are not for jedis. I am sure light sabers are cool, but for me, I believe I'll treat it like any other weapon, and would use it to fit the occasion. I am not going to use the light saber as a sniping tool by throwing it at distant enemies all the time, and so forth.

I believe I will try the saber only SP at some point, but I think I will enjoy charging rooms with guns blazing as much as I would ambushing stormies with the light saber.

Archived