Home

Probe Droids

mariners2001

I don't know about you, but don't you guys think the probe droids are virtually pointless. I mean they have no special ability, they're just slow, weak, and can't attack worth beans. Seems like you might as well just send over a scout to check out the other team's base or your surroundings. I think they should have some special ability, maybe even like they did in that dreaded Force Commander game. Oh well. What do you guys think?

Guest dr_death

they are cheap and they are used for scouting so when you first start the game you can scout the aread quiker than your other player or you can send some to your enemies base. it will slow you down a bit but it will slow him down more, ya ha haa (if anyone plays me, please dont do that):)

Guest dlayers

What do you mean would be? They are already in the demo and can be very deadly against workers as an initial rush threat especially when starting with low/normal resources.

And they are used for scouting...Darth Maul used a specialized probe droid to track down Qui in Phantom Menace.

Originally posted by Paladin

I tried rushing with them to kill the all my enemy workers. I had 15 of them and they were all killed by 5 workers!!

in the early stages of the game when you basically have no money, it's a good idea sometimes not to get your scout killed. scouting is crucial, so i wouldn't underestimate the use of probe droids...

Guest PhantomMenace

Dude the probe droids are DETECTOR units...they seem pointless now but they will come in real handy when Jedi's start sneaking around cloaked killing your guys. They got so many units that are considered detector units but the only units that can go stealth are jedi right? Oh yes i forgot..you need a detector units somewhere near the shore to detect the gungan submarine.

Guest Darth_Nixon42

Yes definiately phantom Menace,

In my opinion, i think we have only seen the tip of the iceburg of the effectivness of prob droids.

The way i see it is that you cant really make a black and blue, statements about a units effectiveness until we have seen it in action in tech level 4.

Does anyone remeber putting Overlords from SC around the perimiter of your base? Thats an example of probe droids effectiveness.

so lets just wait and see.......:p

Guest Paladin
Originally posted by PhantomMenace

Dude the probe droids are DETECTOR units...they seem pointless now but they will come in real handy when Jedi's start sneaking around cloaked killing your guys. They got so many units that are considered detector units but the only units that can go stealth are jedi right? Oh yes i forgot..you need a detector units somewhere near the shore to detect the gungan submarine.

Yep. I just came to me. you have to throw a couple of them into your army so they could detect jedi and other cloacked units.

Good point.:)

Guest YH_Wedge
Originally posted by Paladin

Yep. I just came to me. you have to throw a couple of them into your army so they could detect jedi and other cloacked units.

Good point.:)

You could do that but why not just use Bounty Hunters I think everyone has them in their army already so it would make the probe droids useless.

Originally posted by PhantomMenace

detector units can serve as scout units too, you know...

Probe droids are awsome. They are the perfect speed for running around the map and getting tuskcats to follow you around. One time I gathered about 17 tuskcats and ran into the ememy base and just sat by his carbon. Sure my droid died but 17 tuskcats by his workers was pretty cool.

Whats the fun of running around killing tuskcats? They're not that fast and they don't have good attack. I guess i must repeat this. USE THE PROBE DROID AS A DETECTOR! NOT A SCOUT! THEY HAVE SCOUTS IN THE GAME ALREADY THEY'RE CALLED SCOUTS!Sorry for yelling. PD'S have good LOS but they're slow. So use 'em as detectors.

:naboo: :naboo: :naboo: :naboo: :naboo: :naboo: :naboo: :naboo: :naboo: :naboo:

Archived