Home

Next year

Quackass

Sam and Max will be 10 years old, right now its a little over 8 years old.

Remember when the game came out in the fall of 1993? me neither(not because my longterm memory hadn't developed yet), but I remember getting it in 1995 and playing it all the time on the 486 which we got in December 1994, with 14400 baud modem (we didn't say 14.4 back then) which was really cool thing to have, bacause computers didn't come standard with modems, or CD-rom and soundcards for that matter (but we had those), and 3d accelerators didn't even exist! we did buy a Voodoo2 at one point though, but thats another story involving the disapointment of finding out the motherboard didn't have PCI slots, you had to run Sam and Max via DOS's CLI because windows 95 wasn't out yet, and the game wasn't designed for win 3.X

anyways, i think its interesting how Hit the Road will be 10 years old next year, I guess its the fact that at that time I will be abel to remember 10 years, instead of a big fuzzy hase filled with Melven Hargraves's and stuff.

ok, as you were

my copy is used, so it didn't come with The Adventurer, cause the ******* kept it!!!

oh well.

hey Isaac, if you don't like 5" floppys how about punchcards, or better yet, those giant magnetic drums that you would plug into a box the size of a dishwasher? and computer screens that used X 's insted of pixles?

• 5 weeks later...

Like many of the others on the board, I was first introduced to Sam and Max through the computer game in 93 or early 94. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen. I remember every kid in my neighborhood when they were young was in love with Calvin and Hobbes, no, not me, I was die hard Sam and Max all the way. Besides Sam and Max would kick Calvin and Hobbes's asses any day. I also noticed that I am also like may others that post here. I was about 3 or 4 when the comic first came out. That means some of are in out late teens. I'm gettin ready to go off to Western Michigan University next fall and I hope to find some people who are in to Sam and Max also.

Damn funny, Damn good stuff. Cant wait to see what the fuure is going to bring for our fuzzy friends. In someways i hope the new game dosent get them out into the mainstream, it would be nice to have our selves a little something nobody else does. Then again, Sam and Max is good stuff, people need to be exposed to this stuff, and Mr. Purcll should get a little money off of his brothers great idea.

Archived