Home

Why'd you join the forums?

Natopo

After buying and blowing through X-Wing Alliance after I got a new PC that could actually run it, I started searching for new missions for the XWA engine, which lead me to XWA.Net.

I posted an inquirery for other missions, then I lurked the forums there for a while and came to realize that those folks were all berzerk, and that they needed a stable influence like me around. ;)

I came on to GB.com the day after it started up...I ame looking for underground info in GB...I didn't find it and hung around Mr.Fixit's forums for a week or so and found out that GB.com had forums...

I went over checked it out. I looked at the forums for about 2 minutes...Then started Spaming...um...Posting away. Really though my first 20 some odd posts were not spam...because I hgad no clue who you guys were and back then Tie Guy seemed like a god...within a week he had 1000 posts...to a newbie like me the feet seemed insurmountable.

As you can tell I got hooked on the atomosphere of this place and have surpassed 1000...several times.

I never buy anything without looking at forum for it (if their is one), as reviews don't always get it all. I just liked the feel of the place. I posted at several other forums and this was just another one for me so I joined and stated posting. Odd that in about 6 reaches about rouge squadrons and various things in it I never came across RS.net before but what’s done is done.

Originally posted by GUNNER

I was looking for chicks.:rolleyes:

Actually I joined RS.Net in Dec of 98 looking to figure out how to get gold on all the levels. When XWA came out we all headed over there to get registered too.

man that was a long time ago...

You pack of deserters...you left it to die :D;)

Oh well. I like how it is now. NOT DEAD!! :D :D :D

Fergie you regestered in August... The GB forums started July 28th....

Myself, I had just come home from a vacation, and I wondered what my favorite gaming company, Lucasarts, was up to. I found the Galactic Battlegrounds website and I said "Wowie that looks AWESOME" I found the forums in the links section.. I signed up... And the rest is history

I know. I came on the day after it was created...

Being the newbie that I was I couldn't find the link to the forums (yes I know it sounds pittiful) But a week later I was feed up looking all over the site and started clicking random things and noticed that the premere forums botton switched over...stupid me. I clicked it joined up and started posting. I got a welcome message from Leon...and maybe from Rommel...that was it.

I never got the coveted Rhett giftbasket till months later...AFTER I had reached 3000 posts...

Archived