Home

JO Special Edition?

pinkpanther718

According to Theforce.net, there will be a "Speical Edition" Jedi Outcast released the same day as teh normal game. THis version will be in a tin box, and will come with "all versions of JO (whatever that means), Dark Forces, and Dark Force 2: Jedi Knight, as well as with a JO Key chain. Just letting everyone know, if it isnt known already, feel free to ut it on the main page, if it is, sorry for the wasted space.

Well... when you think about it. MotS isn't actually part of the Dark Forces series. Just Jedi Knight. It's called Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith. So maybe if it isn't included, that would be the reason. If not just because hardly no one plays it even though it is superior to Jk as far as the engine and all that stuff goes.

Over all I really liked MoTS. Especially the multiplayer levels, such as the throne room, cloud city gantry and carbon freezing facility, and the space port. I wasn't too fond of the carbonite gun or the seeker detenators for some reason, but I thought the sniper scope was especially cool. I also loved playing personalities in multiplayer, it's a shame it's hard to find a good MoTS game these days.

yes the best levels are the levels to download off the net but massasi and admirals command chamber have declined greatly in popularity. I use to play them alot,, and yes MOTs was better it made good enhancements I esp enjoyed the opening level.

And they did good to cut camcorder scenes that they had in jedi knight

Oh yeah for most lucasarts games, after the initial realease they do a sepcial ad release the game with other older games related.

I bought JK2 and it came with MOTS so i beleive mots is just described best as an addon pack

Originally posted by Naphtali

yes the best levels are the levels to download off the net but massasi and admirals command chamber have declined greatly in popularity. I use to play them alot,, and yes MOTs was better it made good enhancements I esp enjoyed the opening level.

And they did good to cut camcorder scenes that they had in jedi knight

Oh yeah for most lucasarts games, after the initial realease they do a sepcial ad release the game with other older games related.

I bought JK2 and it came with MOTS so i beleive mots is just described best as an addon pack

The best thing about the levels off the net is that most of them are better than the actual Lucasarts levels :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Mrentropy

I guess my question would be, if they're including Dark Forces in the SE version of JKII, did they re-write it? If I remember right, it was written for DOS not DirectX.

That's a good point. With many people running winXP and win2k, the original Dark Forces is worthless, unless they fixed it up somehow to run on a newer 32bit OS.

Archived