Home

Demo in a month!?

The_One

Hi, I'm new here though I've been lurking ever since we were waiting for Obi Wan :) I know most of you, though I don't understand half of you....Rudder and pedals in JK? :p Anyway I'm the brother of ed_silvergun and since the game is nearing release I thought I might aswell sign up and give you some info too.

I have the latest issue of the UK PC Games mag PC ZONE, of which there is already a topic. Anyway, I've been reading for 3 or 4 years and they rarely make mistakes. Now they are promising a demo next issue aswell as a review. They wouldn't say this unless they were confident about it. So if you think about it, a demo in 4 weeks which means it may be on the internet even sooner. Then if you put 2 and 2 together, we have been promised a movie. Well they're hardly gonna release a movie after the demo, so they're likelt to release that a couple of weeks before the demo, meaning a gameplay movie in 2 weeks time!

Of course, this is all sheer speculation, but if you take PC Zone's excellent reputation and do a bit of maths it is entirely possible. What do you guys think?

I sure hope a demo is on the horizon. I'm getting pretty anxious to play this game. I'm hoping it's a multiplayer demo more than anything, or maybe a multiplayer and a single player demo. If I remember correctly I think Jedi Knight had a multiplayer demo and a single player level demo. I'm more than ready to sink my teeth into this game, and practically drool over every piece of info that comes out about this game. If I didn't have school and work I would lock myself in my room and play the game for months on end once the game arrives on my doorstep, ahhh how I wish I could do that.

Besides, this game is what's gonna keep me happy until Star Wars Galaxies is released.

I feel a disturbance in the force that a demo is VERY near...isn't it true that FPS games generally realease a demo a few weeks before the retail release? Besides...something is brewing at LEC...they haven't realeased too much since the official site launch and there have been too many clues that a demo was coming to think otherwise. I bet within the next 2 weeks we have a demo on lucasarts.com.

Swoosh

I would greatly enjoy a demo of the game before it's released. The only downside is that I've got a blah modem. I've yet to get DSL or anything good so it's going to take forever to download such a HUGE thing. My general rule is that if it's bigger than 7 MB, I don't bother, but I'll make an exception for this. But that time that I have to wait for the download to get done is going to be painful. I want this game! I loved JK from the get go and now I want this.

First off, if u ever move to australia whatever u do DONT get Telstra as your cable/adsl ISP. we have 3gb caps 512/128 uploads/etc and to makes things even more crap we pay $73 soon to be $83 australian dollars (sorry about that, just had to get that off my chest)

anyways i would love a single/multiplayer demo in one, like the Jedi Knight one...or like the GB one. i'm hoping its more than 80mbs.

I'll second that StephenG. I got telstra...although by March we will have uncapped dl speeds, we still can only dl 3gb a month. Telstra is the leading telecommunications company in Australia. They have a monopoly on the market and stooge us at every oppurtunity they can. I hate telstra. Telstra sux.

Give us a movie a demo ...ANYTHING!!

I'll have to agree with Swoosh on this. (BTW Swoosh, love the icon. Toe Jam and Earl is one of the greatest games ever. They were supposed to released TJ+E 3 for DC, but didn't, those goobers.)Anyways, LucasArts is usually good with release dates. I expect to have the game by the end of March.

Thanks :). I figured I'd have a different avatar since I'm a little wierd I guess. Also, Earl's dancing is better than mine...so I guess he's an inspiration in some ways :)

BTW, TJE3 is supposed to come out for an unannounced next-gen console.

Swoosh

Archived