Home

X-Wing Alliance fans: More good news

Dagobahn Eagle

You can, but you'll have to go into the missions.lst files in /missions when you've installed the shipset and change the filenames from something like 1b8m...tie to 1b0m..tie[/i].tie for the game to read them as Family prologue missions. You'll also have to rename the actual files using the same numbers.

OR you can order a replacement CD from LEC. Just send them your broken CD ;).

The multiplayer one can be played with both cd's, though.

Originally posted by Dagobahn Eagle

You can, but you'll have to go into the missions.lst files in /missions when you've installed the shipset and change the filenames from something like 1b8m...tie to 1b0m..tie[/i].tie for the game to read them as Family prologue missions. You'll also have to rename the actual files using the same numbers.

OR you can order a replacement CD from LEC. Just send them your broken CD ;).

The multiplayer one can be played with both cd's, though.

What?!?! :eyeraise: I wish I'd known that way back when I stopped playing XWA and left the XWA community because my Disk Two was scratched *grumble grumble*

Two situations where warez are justified:

-Your CD is broken

-You have a CD in your household, but you share it with, say, your brother on another computer and doesn't want to buy the game over just for free access :D.

-Or you just want to try it. Delete it after 24 hours or it's illegal.

Other than that, it's a 'no-no' ;).

BTW, aren't discussions about warez kind off forbidden on these boards (hint, hint ;))

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, back to topic. For updates, check my webpage (http://www.fortunecity.com/underworld/soundcard/233/index.htm) or the XWA Upgrade/X-Wing Legacy forums. Got a couple of intersting DXF shots being posted :).

Archived