Home

Double Edged Saber

dafrank112

I was watching episode 1 today and it got me thinking, will there be the option to have a double bladed saber, probly not in single player , but like for multiplayer, i think it would be pretty cool, there could be certain advantages to having one and disadvantages, you know?

A double saber? That's probably not in the game because it would add a whole new set of moves, blocks, etc. I'd rather have the game now then later with stuff like this added. It'll probably show up in a mod later on. There's a double-bladed saber in the SBX mod for JK.

btw, welcome to the forums :D . You should get a chocolate medallion and a spoon replica pretty soon :p

Yeah, altough personally I'm not that fond of the double bladed saber. (I just prefer using one blade over two) But he's right, it'll pop up in no time in some mod, which I hope will be better than the first few double bladed sabe mods that appeared for JK&MotS (basically the same animations as with the single saber.. but just with another blade in it.. which usually involved cutting through your own legs most of the time without hurting yourself for some reason. )

Well because it's confusing for both opponent and user.. and also.. when you think about it, it doesn't make for strong attacks.. concidering the opponents with one saber use the force in both their arms to perform a blow, or to block yours while you can only strike with half the force since that in each of your hands is a saber. and can't concentrate the strenght of both your arms into one blow.

Originally posted by simon says

I'd rather have the game now then later with stuff like this added.

You're going to regret saying that. but then again, the thing you might have wanted to see in jk2, probably wouldn't have been noticed by raven....

at least we don't gotta wait a year...and there will most likely be an expansion if sales are good. (which there will be)

Meh, double bladed saber, lightstaff, it doesn't matter, I'm still not fond of the thing. I never really quite got while it was so cool to everyone. It's harder to use since you've got two blades flying around you to worry about it. It also limits your movements because of that, which means that you need tons of skills to use it as effectively as Maul did. But anyways, I think that it got so popular because it was rather different from the average saber design.

Oh and thanks to them patches one thing sure got untrue to the SW universe, it's always been stated that there have only been a few handful of users of lightstaffs/double bladed sabers because they were so hard to use (and perhaps also needing twice as many components). But according to one game of SBX3 on the zone showed me something completely different, there seem to be less regular saber users than lightstaff users. (and that would be because alot of people think that having twice as blades also means twice as many chances of hitting your opponent, which is still rather untrue)

Ahem.. I was ranting.. sorry ^^"

edit/addition: Double EDGED saber? Now that term is way off.. since the "edge" is the cutting side of a blade.. so a double edged saber would mean that it would be a saber that cuts on two sides... but a lightsaber cuts all round^.^ But basically a double edged sword is one that has two sharp cutting sides.

1. There will be no lightstaff in JK2. Having it in multiplayer defeats the fun part, it's no longer a special weapon. It's like in an RPG if you get a really special and rare sword, well if everyone else had that sword it's no longer any fun.

2. A mod for a lightstaff is NOT feasable, unless your planning on hooking another blade on the saber without any new animations. The lightsaber in JK2 has over 300 animations, most transition animations that connect one move the next. It's almost impossible to create a whole new system like that for a lightstaff, coming from a mod team.

3. You n00bs need to realize JK2 editing is not the same as JK1. It's about 100 times harder. You don't press a button and magically get what you want.

I think its fun to use a double bladed saber sometimes but like pedro the hutt it isn't something i'm crazy about. Actually used to be crazy about it but i have gotten over it. But it would be nice to have a mod, because even if i'm not using it, it would make the duel quite fun.

Sithcloak

Archived