Home

A New Inventory Page on the official site..

SaberPro

Neuro-Saav Model TD2.3 Electrobinoculars

Electrobinoculars are always available to Kyle throughout the game. They magnify distant objects , are powered by normal battery cells and drain power at a minimal rate. Use the Fire and Alternate Attack keys to zoom in and out. Note that you cannot fire weapons as long as the binoculars are in use. The electrobinoculars power down once they run out of battery power.

Biotech Bacta Canister

Portable and disposable packs of bacta ointments are designed for use in the field. When used, each bacta canister restores a portion of the Kyle's health lost due to wounds. Select this item in your inventory and then use it to instantly boost your health.

Arakyd Mark VII Inquisitor

Similar to the training drones used by Jedi to practice lightsaber skills, this seeker hovers over Kyle and attacks any enemy the player fires upon. The seeker operates for a limited amount of time and then self-destructs.

Light Amplification Goggles

Once acquired, these light goggles always stay in Kyle's inventory. When used, they enhance the overall brightness of the environment but cast everything in a greenish hue. The goggles require batteries to function and will drain power at about the same rate as the electrobinoculars. The player can still fire weapons when the goggles are activated. The goggles power down when the battery power is depleted.

Ysalamiri

This small salamanderlike creature has the unique ability to push back the Force. When carried by the player during Capture the Ysalamiri, the ysalamiri makes the possessor immune to the affects of Force powers used against him/her. The ysalamirii also prevents the possessor from using Force powers.

Assault Sentry

Roughly the size of a large backpack, this weapon unfurls to become a sentry set to auto-target any enemy threat. Once deployed the sentry cannot be restored to its original portable condition.

Stationary Shield

This stationary energy field can be dropped at any location, at which time it deploys a large flat shield that can block enemy fire and movement. The deflector shield will disappear after expending its power supply or after enduring a certain amount of damage.

Personal Shield Generators

This belt-mounted device projects a protective field around the wearer. As the shield takes damage, its protective rating is reduced. Once depleted, it deactivates until it is recharged by a power converter or shield pickup (exists in large or small versions). This shield does not protect against falling or crushing damage.

Battery Pack

Pick up battery packs throughout levels in order to power the electrobinoculars and light amplification goggles.

Ammo Power Converter

Located throughout levels, the ammo power converter feeds power directly into energy-based weapons. To use it, approach it and then press and hold the Use key. Power converters have a fixed amount of energy and can easily be depleted. When all the power has been converted, the station will burn out.

Shield Power Converter

The shield power converter feeds power directly to Kyle's shield belt. To use the shield power converter, approach it and then press and hold the Use key. It has a fixed amount of energy and can easily be depleted. When all the power has been converted, the station will darken and is rendered useless.

I love the long, sophisticated names for all the inventory items :)

Sorry Indy4...as I explained, one thread had to be locked, and I chose the one that was made last - just happened to be yours. :cool:

At last we get to see at least some (or all?) of the inventory items. The Ammo and Shield Power Converters are very similar concepts to those in Elite Force (except those were power and health), even to the point of burning out.

I like the look of that Inquisitor though...could be rather useful in a firefight. :)Almost reminiscent of the Meteor Storm buzzing around your head in Heretic II...but I digress. :D

The Stationery Shield also looks like a very useful defensive screen for short-term use. :cool:

And I like the design of the new Personal Shield Generator. It's a lot better than the old one, I think - and hopefully we now won't have to pick up a shield belt every five minutes. ;P

Not being able to shoot while using the Electrobinoculars sounds okay too...I remember the same thing in RTCW, and it didn't detract from the gameplay.

All-in-all...something old, something new... :)

those binoculars look terrible, agreed

if they can't be merged we can continue that discussion here

and my thread can be closed too, there is no discussion at all there :( , but anyway, I foresaw the update :emperor:

Ammo Power Converter

Located throughout levels, the ammo power converter feeds power directly into energy-based weapons. To use it, approach it and then press and hold the Use key. Power converters have a fixed amount of energy and can easily be depleted. When all the power has been converted, the station will burn out.

Shield Power Converter

The shield power converter feeds power directly to Kyle's shield belt. To use the shield power converter, approach it and then press and hold the Use key. It has a fixed amount of energy and can easily be depleted. When all the power has been converted, the station will darken and is rendered useless.

Hmm, Im not sure I like this EF/Half-life approach to ammo/weapon reload method.. I'd rather just have clips, and shield belt batteries, etc. just resting on table tops, shelves, etc.

Originally posted by Silent_Thunder

What does everyone think looks so unrealistic about the binoculars?

They look fine to me.

Also, alot of the rest of the inventory sounds pretty cool, but I was hoping we'd get some inventory items similar to DFs... like the gas masks, and ice cleets.

Take out a binocular

Compare with the binocular picture....then ur face will turn :eek:

stuffs.jpg

The goggles look fine, they remind me of the ones Luke used in the films. As far as the recharging substations is concerned, I had enough of those in Half Life. Sure it might add a bit of tension to Single Player, but they're annoying. I prefer pickups.

JK/MotS had those medical droids that would restore your health to full every 1.5 minutes (if you could get to them) in a one shot deal. I liked that a lot better.

They don't say that these REPLACE pickups, so perhaps it won't be so bad. Nice to finally see what a personal shield generator looks like. I wonder, is it always with you, or do you have to collect one in order to use shields?

[update: I see now that there are going to be both pickups AND recharge stations for both shields and health]

I wonder if you can sabotage ammo pickups like you could in MotS?

I really like the stationary ammo and shield recharging stations concept. If the recharge is not instantaneous, but rather, requires time on the station, the game will be much more strategic. You have to secure and maintain access to the stations in order to survive. And there are risks of using the station, namely you have to remain stationary to use them. Best gameplay usually involves both risks and benefits.

It's good to see that they put in the "Inflatable Wall" from In Pursuit of Greed. ; )

Now if we could use our cloaking shield to morph into powerups and use the A.S.S. Cam... we'd be all set! ; )

(Incidentally, anybody ever notice how Unreal stole the music, lock stock and barrel from IPOG in the later levels?)

Archived