Home

New Trailer this Wed?

BuRn

Did you guys ever think about this: they'll probably say at the end the exact date we will see JKII. Not Coming March, 2002...but Coming March 28, 2002 or something like that. I personally don't care about any new footage, it's nice, but the dates are where it's at.

Swoosh

Hmm, it is indeed strange that the mail message says Thursday and the exclusive page says Wednesday. I suppose I'd trust the page, but it's hard to be sure. I would also assume a gold announcement and a release date tomorrow(or thursday) with the 2nd trailer.

Members-Only Exclusive! As a Lucas Online member,

you can be first to

see the second exciting official trailer featuring

all new game content

on Wednesday evening. Pass the word and keep an eye

on the site after

6:00 p.m. (PST) this Wednesday.

The same was done with the first trailer if I remember right, the official release was the day after the release to the members

As long as the new trailer has good (not high, not perfect, just good) res and is at least 2 minutes of gameplay footage (not counting the ads/etc.) I'll be happy.

IMHO the resolution is not as important as number of fps. In the first official trailer and generally most of LEC's trailers it's horribly low, so everything looks unfluently, more like slideshow then actual video.

In UK trailer the resolution was pretty the same, however the quality was a way better.

Originally posted by Swoosh

Did you guys ever think about this: they'll probably say at the end the exact date we will see JKII. Not Coming March, 2002...but Coming March 28, 2002 or something like that. I personally don't care about any new footage, it's nice, but the dates are where it's at.

Swoosh

The same way the EPII trailers have progressed from 'May 2002' to 'May 16th' ... quite possible, although releasing movies and games are very different (from the retail control side).

On the EPII front (no spoilers), the contrast between trailers 3 and 4 is stunning - hard to tell it is the same movie ... I have also seen the breadth of the scope of JK2 coming to pass with the first two trailers ... and hope to see yet more in this new one.

Heaven forbid - has anyone considered that this might be a general release of the UK trailer?

Mike

Here's What I think.. Raven and Lucas developers have been reading through these forums and been reading the big debate on release dates gold dates ect ect and has decided to let us know the good or bad news. If its good news then at the end they can add a message like JediOutcast Gone Gold in Stores March XX or April XX. If its bad news and I hope it isn't they would put down "the Sage contiunes April 2002"

either way its a good way to give us the news if its good or bad. but personally I'd rather them give us some dates and skip this trailer.

but if its the good news I'll be happy to have downloaded the trailer but if its the bad news I'd be pissed to say the least.

Cause we all know releasing this trailer won't soften the blow of bad news

lets hope...

The guys at Raven probably enjoy our frantic cries of "I WANT THE GAME NOW!" on these boards, and thus they use their power to delay the announcement of any real news.

Gotta be one of the dumbest things I've heard in a while, sorry to say it. Raven is hard at work trying to complete the game on time, and are just feeding us a few extras so we can hold off to the release.

When I was at Software Etc the other day I saw they had a video on the monitor showing the PCGamer UK JK2 video (although in much much better quality) looked great... unlike the Obi-Wan video they showed (before that game came out) which showed how bad the framerate really was. ; p

I asked them about the game release date, and they didn't have a listing, but the guy looked it up on his computer (didn't see what list he had) and said it was coming out on March 29th, which I took with a grain of salt like all other unofficial dates.

Archived