Home

Are you buying the strategy guide?

ps2maddenman

Are you buying the strategy guide?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the strategy guide?

• Yes
    • Undecided
    • No

really though, strategy giudes suck!

i'd hate to have one! most video games you barely have to think, at least the puzzles give your mind some stimulation. with a stragegy guide you don't think at all. you can read a head, spoll the story. there should be a law against them.

strategy guides make people stupid, just like tv does.

umm, no offense to anyone who likes strategy guides or tv, i just like to keep the old tinker stimulated

I almost put undecided, but changed it to yes. However, it is not much of a priority ... I'll get it sometime later on.

My first strategy guide was Dark Forces, which came when I picked up the Mac version on eBay last year. I like it - sure there is a walkthrough, but there are lots of comments on side stuff, history and thought process and stuff like that. I also like the RtCW guide quite a bit - again, not for the walkthrough, but because I've been playing Wolfenstein games for coming close to 20 years now (whew!), so getting that history and perspective was cool ... and I could afford the $20 without an issue (unlike some of you who weren't born when I was playing CW on an Apple II ;) ).

I agree with the cheat/walkthrough to TV analogy - play the game, play the game and die a lot if that is what is needed - come to the forums for a question at a time. Enjoy

At first I didn't want it, but when I found out it was by Versus, I decided to get it, full color pages with 3D maps makes this too good to miss, at any rate, I am not going to read any of the "mission" info until the game comes out, I will only read up on the weapons/training/multi-player aspects, I guess the spoilers from it wont matter much since it comes out the 23rd of March and the UK gets the game around the 28th, I'll just have to stay away from this board until I get the game to avoid spoilers.:evanpiel:

Why buy a strategy guide when you can just look at the free one we'll make online? ; )

The only thing that would lend me to get it (or at least read it in the store) would be exclusive in-depth interviews with the development team (like the JK strategy guide book had). But an online fan-created strategy guide will be uncensored, and dynamic (it can be updated to include new info), more reasons not to bother with the book.

Archived