Home

Is PC gaming dying?

Is PC gaming dying  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Is PC gaming dying

• We could do with more games for the PC
    • Of course PC gaming will survive! U can do much more on a PC.
    • PCs are out of fashion.
    • CD no.3 is a zombie.
    • No comment.

1. You don't have to worry about upgrading your console.

2. You don't have to worry about something on your system being incompatable therefor rendering your new game useless. :(

2. You get some of the best exclusive titles that have ever existed. :) "Zelda, FF, Mario, Sonic, Metroid, etc...."

3. To an extent, you can have better graphics on consoles.

And no, PC gaming is not dying! :)

P.S. Your poll choices don't match up very well with the question! :D

what can i do on a console that i can't on pc...

Turn up the volume with a remote.

You can record yourself playing a game with a vcr..

Consoles are easily portable

You don't need to have more than 1 console for another person to play a game with you.

You can rent games for the console.

You can reset the game in the console.

That's all i can think of right now.

But guys, if like me you prefer strategy games and true adventure games (Baldurs Gate, Planescape etc are superior to Zelda and FF IMO), then the PC is the best choice. The last console I owned was a SNES, I dont really see the need to waste my cash on a console.

PC Gaming will never die and here's why:

PC's are almost, if not absolutely, essential to the 21st Century family household. E-mail, online shopping, budgeting and accounting, school work and reports all done extensively on PCs and are part of everyday life. If that's not enough of a reason here's the pros of PC gaming:

1. Games are extremely more mod-able and custimizable on a PC

2. Online gaming (though this one is not exclusive to PCs anymore)

3. If your family has purchased a PC for school, then you already have your "console" you don't have to pitch out another $200 dollars on a game console.

So why would Software Developers (of the Game persuasion) turn their backs on such a large viable market? Put simply, they wouldn't! Rest easy, PC gaming isn't dying, just think of the game console as the PC's cousin who's coming into it's own. They aren't competing for the teenage market, as a matter of fact, they go hand-in-hand. Look at all the online communities for game consoles, which couldn't exist without PCs. And Software developers port games from PC to consoles and Vise Versa all the time. They both will do well, each for it's own reasons.

Well you have good points rhett, but at least you don't have to run around buying every console so you can buy every game! Why can't they all get the same games? I mean if the games are so good why not make more money and port them?

I want RS2! I don't have a game cube! Do i have to buy a game cube to play RS2? If they don't port it within the next 6 months then i guess i'm buying one.

Sithcloak

Originally posted by Jedi_Knight

oh and incase you guys didn't know, woth the right programs you can play ps2, ps1 gamegoy advanced and everything else on pc

Well, thats often times both illegal and impractical, so you really can't. If you tried playing a ps2 or GC or X-box game on the PC, you better have a really high end computer or they'll really lag. Remember, those games are customized for the hardware of the console that they are on, so they don't always play very quickly or at all on different settings.

Archived