Home

Patch Thread

Vagabond

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone mentioned making single player easier? I haven't read through this thread in a while, so I don't remember. Anyway, I started playing the game on Jedi skill yesterday and I keep dying and running out of ammo! Forget the ridiculously hard puzzles, make the game not so tough! Why couldn't they have just made JK2 a longer version of Elite Force with lightsabers and the force?!?!

Summary of three things I'd like to see:

Ability to duel in all gameplay modes - why not, it'd be fun.

When someone team chats have it indicate his/her location to the team - making CTF and team modes much better - i.e. like all other Q3 engine games.

Swimming animations for models for custom maps with water.

Originally posted by mrlove

fix the freezing bug before anything else!

I agree, this game is driving me crazy when it freezes! Raven, please fix this because we are all ****ing sick and tired of the game ****ing freezing all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, tone down single player somehow

Since one of the biggest complaints about heavy stance is that they can just simply swing and rack up the points, how about this:

A person who kills with a light stance gets twice the points as a medium, and medium twice the points as a heavy.

Basically a light stance person gets 4 times the points as a heavy stance person - so that person is rewarded for having to use skill.

Hrm, good question - I guess it would have to determine which stance gave the most damage and credit you based on which stance did that.

I guess the same way it figures out how which person killed the other by force pushing them off a ledge.

Too complicated?

Or more simply, it will just go by whatever stance made the actual kill - since that's the biggest complaint that Heavy is used to make that one lunge kill - much harder to do with the other stances.

Anything that hurts you before a kill is a matter of circumstance - being kicked, hitting the other guys saber unintentionally, etc.

On the stance note I am gonna say either drop the heavy or change it: make it so you cant run as fast when swinging and moving and or more open time hit a person using heaving and or less of a defense area of effect when using heavy. Anything to reduce it would be nice.

On another note:

LIGHTSABER FINGTING RULES

so increase the ability of it during the game

make it possiable to disable certain guns

Enhancement:

I think someone's already mentioned this, but I'll say it anyway. :p

please can you modify the Single Player game to load the last quicksaved position like the original JK and MOTS did and not the last Checkpoint. It takes an age to load up as it is but when I've accidentally clicked to load the last checkpoint it's a right gutter having to load the quicksave again.

Another thing I've seen mentioned and would like to see in the game is different key binds for each player. I have to let my two brothers on my PC and they're always changing the controls to how they like 'em and it's a pain having to reset 'em every time I play the game. JK1 did this and the point above very nicely by allowing the player to 'log on' to the game. This made the list of save games more intelligable too as there were only your saves in the list.

Cheers Raven, despite making these minor points this is still the best game I've played in a long time - roll on SOF2! ;)

A couple more bugs:

Force Activation Bug:

Seems when joining a server often the all the force powers don't activate and it takes re-applying them and respawning a few times to have them all work again. A lot of people have this problem.

Laying down and sliding bug:

There is a bug that allows people to lay down and slide around:

bind key "color1 1; wait; color1 2; wait; color1 1"

key = whatever you want to bind.

If you want to run and slide, just run and while running hit the key.

Guest Sabre9

About the JK II crashing in MP when switching levels bug/freeze:

When JK II came out, the ONLY MP mode I played was CTF. I never had a crash/freeze. Ever. I was with NewBJedi in thinking that if it froze on your system, it was your problem.

However, I (just this week) started playing a couple other modes (Jediknight and Duel). I then (sometimes) experienced the freeze bug at the "Ready" screen that people talked about.

I then returned to playing CTF for a couple days. No freeze bug.

So maybe the freeze bug only shows up during certain MP game modes???

-Sabre9

For the Duel mode only, to encourage committed and sustained lightsabre battles like in the movies rather than hit and retreat tactics, the player movement speed could be based on an egg-shaped rather than circular movement model. The egg-shaped model was used in the early version of Rune, where sidestepping and backpedaling was slower than moving forward.

When using bots in multiplayer to practive they only ever JUMP!

In SP the unborn/troopers walk and jump only when they need to not all the time.

It is very hard to combat a bot when it is bouncin all over the place!...:confused:

Please enhance or fix this......

Thnx for reading......

Just a random suggestion for Sith Drain. Perhaps it should only be usable if your health is below max. As it stands, I've seen people use it simply to prevent other players from using their force powers, which surely isn't the point, since Drain is the Dark Side Healing Power.

Come to that... No Jedi Battle Meditation?

As for the "bots jumping" problem, you should find they work fine on all the levels that came with the game. If not, then you've definately got a problem.

Most User created levels I've played dont seem to have the nessecary information to allow the bots to function properly.

Drain: Definitely do something with this, not a whole lot, but tone down how fast it takes a persons force mainly, some people say to use absorb to counter it but its too late most of the time since your force is already gone.

Now the weapons, the repeater and the golan do have some problems i think:

The repeater secondary fire: this is serious, the main thing i'd say is decrease RoF and make the splash damage bigger so we can get rid of the safety of firing point blank with it and barely get hurt, it's too sloppy and requires no skill. other than that, damage is fine, and trajectory is fine.

Golan: man are these annoying, definitely decrease the damage. It's sad to die from a point blank secondary golan shot with 100 health and 75 armor. Either make it only fire out one ball or decrease the damage signifigantly or decrease RoF.

Those weapons are just extremely powerful and easy to use.

:::BUG:::

I've bound my throwable weapons to capslock and it's suppose to cycle through the throwable weapons i have, but instead it only does TD's, forcing me to cycle through ALL of my weapons to get to trip mines or det packs.

Isn't Force seeing level 3 suppose to make you dodge disruptor fire? it doesnt work for me. Force seeing level 3 should also let teammates force see a little.

Back to single player, tone down the Nar Shaddaa levels! They're too fricken hard with the super accurate snipers and the really strong thermal detonator guys. I either die from a sniper without getting a chance to snipe him back or from a gran's thermal detonator. The force is too low in that level to be pushing and pulling and you don't have force heal yet, so it's a real annoying level! Also, the turrets in Reelo's hideout are too hard to hit and kill me so easily.

Make that, tone down all the enemies and turrets in the whole game. I tell you, I would've rather had Elite Force with lightsabers than this ridiculously hard game :mad:

Oh, and for the 1000th time, FIX THE FREEZING BUG!! please :)

Guest KnuxSonic

Chat. Icons. For the love of god. Chat. Icons. I'm tired of getting chat fragged every which way!

Archived