Home

Patch Thread

Vagabond

Enhancements:

Make the duel saber a server toggle option so that a cheat game isnt required. And if it's toggled make the duel saber optional.

Make the duel saber available in single player.

Fix the duel saber animation so it doesnt chop the character in half anymore.

Add more skins, Vader, Maul, Han Solo, Palpatine, etc

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*NOTE* I haven't read all 200+ posts to see if my bugs/enhancements were already posted. If they were ignore them please.

Bug

In single player I loaded up a quicksave and in 3rd person view TWO Kyle Katarns were displayed. One was using a lightsaber and one was standing behind him with a Bryar pistol. They were sort of stuck together... looked pretty sick but I'm not making this up!

Enhancement

In multiplayer I noticed that chat text does not stay on screen very long at all. Maybe 5 seconds or less. I would suggest making it last longer because I missed alot of speech.

Make the respawn time of the Large Shield Pack last as long as the Bacta. The Small Shield Packs should have longer respawn times too.

It's annoying when you get into a drawn-out saber battle near shield packs, and both players keep getting recharged!

I forgot to mention somethings:

*allow leaning to the left or right to be bound to one key in the menu instead of Use+Strife.

*allow player to fire weapon when leaning, all other games allow it.

*place taunts in the menu for players to bind it to a key.

Originally posted by Swamp

thats a good idea i like it ... but will anyone really notice it? or is it just so you can have a customized character?

Either really, I mean this could also allow people to mod new Lightsaber Handles into the game as well, a Jedi does have to construct a Lightsaber as part of their training :D

http://www.vengeance-unlimited.org/Jedi%20Outcast/dooku_saber.jpg

http://www.vengeance-unlimited.org/Jedi%20Outcast/anakin_saber.jpg

http://www.vengeance-unlimited.org/Jedi%20Outcast/jangofett_pistol.jpg

Just like everyone else I'd like the multiplayer lightsaber to perform the same way the single player lightsaber does...meaning you'll have sp style duels in mp.

And along with that, we need dismemberment in mp. In single player I turned on the saber realistic combat code and the lightsaber duels get really interesting since you can't screw up or you find your head staring at your shoes and wondering how it got there.

**********Enhancement********

A note to a Ravensoft developer:

If you add the ability to analogue strafe with a joystick, (ie the speed at which you move sideways varies with the amount you push the joystick to a particular side) I will wash your car.

Also, iFeel support would be nice. You should try MOHAA with iFeel to get what I am talking about.

thanks,

-ck

BUG

If one performs a strong sabre swing while jumping, it is possible to perform another one immediately upon landing by pressing jump again as one's feet touch the ground.

ENHANCEMENT

I propose that one's force energy bar level have some bearing on the strength with which one can be pushed or pulled. Example: a full bar would render one immune to pushing, with push/pull susceptibility increasing as the bar is depleted. I feel that the game would be immensely more enjoyable if only those who had exhausted themselves using force powers could be sent sprawling during a duel.

*enhancement*

make the music command be able to play custom music from the gamedir or from pk3 files while playing on a pure server.

It sucks that you cant play music without the server having the mod or files.

BUG:

Keeps crashing out to desktop saying that an error was generated and is creating a log file. This happens in both SP and MP.

AMD 1GHz

1.2GB RAM

ASUS A7V

ASUS v8200 GeForce3 Ti500

Windows 2000 SP2

Creative Audigy Gamer

Actual Bug:

I have found that if I grab either the Light or Dark Force Enlightenment, then fall or jump off a ledge (nar shadaa) I will respawn with all level 3 force powers. Also, it doesn't wear off until the match restarts. It's really fun, but sucks for the people I'm fighting.:D

Bug

Duel should be in private in MP, however, I have been hurted by others while dueling. I can't tell exactly what cause this. It seems at the very first moment of duel mode activating, we are still vulnerable. Me and my opponent are hurted by the sabers of two naughty players but we have alreadly accepted our duel and white shield formed around us.

Originally posted by Jedi Child

BUG:

on the streets of Nadaar level (i think level 6), those damn snipers (soooo many) KNOW exactly where you are, and can even see through walls. That level suffers because of poor programming and brings playability to a stand still. It's too tough, and is extremely frustrating to get picked off by any one of a legion force of snipers, miles away, one after the other. It could have been bettter thought out. Sniper ammo of the bots need to be reduced. More health pick-ups, i'm always at around 40hp. Also those grenaders need to be a lot smarter and stop chucking away like the world is gonna end..

You should use your own disruptor rifle to snipe back. If you move slowly and methodically, and scan your surroundings with your scope from time to time, those Rodians shouldn't give you much trouble.

Also, I think the scarcity of health is appropriate for someone who's just reacquired his Jedi skills. Don't worry, health won't be as great a concern after you beat Nar Shadda and become a bad-ass Jedi Knight again.

Originally posted by RedMan

Enhancement

Don't hope for much, but it'd be good to know WHAT you can use. Randomly clicking on everything (even the manual says this is a way) is a bit old.

Its good to see a change in the crosshair when you can 'use' something. Not too sure how this fits into the Quake engine though.

I got this comfortable habit from AVP2.

:(

Return to Castle Wolfenstein incorporated this splendidly. Also, if Jedi Outcast can make a blue swirl crosshair whenever you can Push or Pull something, it could make another type of crosshair for when you can use something.

BUGS

1. Please fix the thermal detonator throwing animation.

2. the physics of MP combat should be just like SP (saber combat especially + collision detection + parrying + character animations)

please fix the MP sabers! please, this is very important.

3. E11 stormtrooper rifle's primary fire rate needs to be faster. It's too slow to hit anything. ALT-FIRE for the E11 should be more accurate. Maybe it was suppose to be like this? was it inaccurate like this in the movies? The accuracy certainly dropped from JK1.

4. The nightvision goggles don't work very well. I can often only see 5 ft in front of me when I'm in the dark, everything else is yellow.

5. MP bots shouldn't backpeddle so much

6. Force pulling a gun from someone's hand should be easier. The range is too short now and even then it doesn't always work. I hate to be killed by guns when I'm using the saber. A Jedi shouldn't die by a gun :(

ENHANCEMENTS

1. Force seeing should help me see in the dark like in JK1.

2. When the lightsaber blade emits, the handle should twirl like in SP

3. Add options to twirl the saber when I'm bored (Like young Obi-Wan loves to do)

4. Reduce the amount of the Force gun-toting users can use. And reduce the speed of their running. (esp backwards)

5. there should be some kind of indicator to know when a saber connects

6. Let us do cartwheels without hands in MP and SP just like the reborn do in SP

7. Dismemberment in MP. (I know this is a teen game, but certainly leaving dismemberment off by default might be okay :)

8. option to allow neutral force powers and disallow light/dark powers in MP games. So we can do acrobatics to escape being hit

9. Let us use first person with lightsaber in MP. Like someone said above, I don't care if I see kyle's hands, hehe. At least let us change this by console.

10. I can currently get iFeel support with my Logitech iFeel mouse if I add the line:

seta use_ff "1"

to my jk2config.cfg

But this line doesn't work in multiplayer with the multiplayer config file.

I think the FF needs to be enhanced because the FF feels too simple now. The lightsaber feels jerky with the way that it rumbles, I think it should have a constant soft rumbling when I swing instead of feeling bumpy. I also think jumping should give some feedback. It would be so great to feel the saber vibrating in your hand! :D

11. Absorb shouldn't make me blue all the time. or people won't use their dark side powers on me. It should only turn blue once they start doing it. Decrease the force cost of absorb and protection. Managing mana is hard enough as it is being a light jedi. And don't let it drain over time.

12. more maps/models/skins! in an expansion pack maybe. Objective-based missions!

13. Can you make it so we can run straight-up the wall (vertically) like Neo does in the Matrix?

14. Grabbing onto ledges and then the option to climb up.

15. If I want to accept a duel, I should just be able to press K and not look at the opponent and then both our shields and health will be 100.

16. The lightsaber should light up the dark like in JK1. Blaster bolts should do the same (like in Forsaken).

17. Pulling items in MP

Excellent game by the way, I haven't had so much fun in years. the saber combat in SP is near perfect by the way.

ENHANCEMENT

1. The saber defensive system should be waaaay stronger, so you can even block the strongest saber moves... 1 hit, 1 kill is too easy to have and quite annoying for lots of people.

2. Wallrun and the Taunt option should be open for the entire public, since i have met only a few who has done it...and they are keeping it a secret.

3. Levels should be bigger, like in the SP. Gives you the SW feeling you just GOTTA have in MP. Like in JK 2 Dark Forces ... they didnt limit anything...and they have a older engine !!

4. Many more skins,models.

BUGS

If i who are running the server is using a new skin..and have put on the AUTO DOWNLOADING "ON"... it will NOT work no matter what...why? i really dont know...really weird

And the game settings of my server always resetts to default after starting a new game which is also annoying....

Puhh... lotsa stuff in here... the game is good as hell... and worth buying for the SP part...but for the MP part...i am not sure....and i've been playing JK 2 Dark Forces 5 years online.... and still are.... then raven should have taken some points from that game...but i guess they havent been paying attention to the BIG community of JK players out there.... its a shame !

Enhancement

==========

Make Desann harder! I threw some Lightning and used a backwards stab and he died!

and ditto to what everyone else has said!

It would have been much better if like in JK you could make several player files like one for me one for my bro etc.

Enhancement

==========

Make Desann harder! I threw some Lightning and used a backwards stab and he died!

and ditto to what everyone else has said!

It would have been much better if like in JK you could make several files like one for me one for my bro etc.

Bug:

Restricted 1st person gameplay (completely unavailable in MP w/saber), player loses several abilities by switching views. JK allowed all the same moves and freedom of choice in MP.

Enhancement:

Just draw the whole player model from 1st person view (transperant head maybe) to add realism and so you can look down at your own feet & shadow instead of a bodiless nothing.

I know it can be done, maybe there are issues with player model latency vs. view model latency, but it should be an option...

Archived