Home

Patch Thread

Vagabond

What would be cool if they had slow motion deaths for duels, ffa or otherwise. This has already come up, just giving my input.

The action would still go normal time around the two, but the winner and victor would be caught in slow motion death and victory.

I think that affect alone would make duels so much cooler. Players running around could see the victor and winner...as they slowly fall.

that would rock.

Also, Raven, I want a pony.

With a big ribbon.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BUG:

One other issue I think may have been mentioned but is VERY important to be addressed...

The collision detection on the flag is terrible, it requires your feet to touch the very bottom of it, this needs to be remedied, you can't always roll through it, speed through it, never jump through it... For a game that's defined by it's high flying shenanigans you have to practically crawl through the flag (The area where you wanna be doing the craziest stuff). This needs to be addressed please.

Gosh folks, stop whining about gameplay and asking about GAMEPLAY changes. Gameplay is fantastic, and that's not the point of a PATCH.

So stop posting your personal desired modifications of powers, and stop asking for 100 more player models and animations. My god.

BUGS:

* MP Tab Score Screen completely lags/freezes my system, and it feels like it's trying to flush a constantly updated set of info instead of showing a quick snapshot of "recent" score data. It's dangerous and impractical to use as it stands, and should be tweaked.

* Master server index is NOT working right. I cannot get a full listing of servers. I opened All-Seeing-Eye and had to find a friend's server that way...

* Server crashes - i don't know what's causing them, but I see it a LOT.

* Those of us behind Routers/Firewalls need more documentation and guidance. This game is VERY much oriented around smaller servers, so you need to support broadband people. I'm not shabby with computers and I still can't get this damn thing to work.

ENHANCEMENTS

* Complete, effective system for chosing which forces are enabled.

* WE NEED THE MAP EDITOR TOOLS ASAP.

* Master server listing needs more useful information

Originally posted by Syclonix

First of all I think its great that we have this forum and that the Raven guys are so supportive (stick to this and you may evn become the next valve).

Ehmmm no thanks, I like the fact that Raven actually RELEASES their games, instead of just blowing more air about their vaporware products, only to, after FOUR years of development, come out and say "we're changing it totally, now it's going to be like Tribes 2!". Yawn.

Here's a few things :

SP :

- I've found two areas in which a player can get stuck. Nothing big, just annoying.

- Difficulty levels need work on levels 5 and 10. It should not be freakin' IMPOSSIBLE to save the prisoners and Lando on Jedi Master level, and nigh on impossible to save the prisoners on Jedi Knight level. Simple fix, increase their health by 1000 or so on higher diff levels. I'm having a hard enough time staying alive against 30 of Reelo's men without having to worry about Lando getting his butt shot off. And trying to kill the 3 AT-ST's with that one turbolaser turret is absurd on higher diff levels. (not to mention the fact that the stormtroopers generally waste the prisoners before I even can get UP to that level on Jedi Master diff... NOT funny.)

- Not sure if this can be done, but the AT-ST is a b*tch to fire at targets that are at the same height as it is, because it's in the way of my line of sight. A first person perspective (for all I care with nothing in it), would be really handy.

MP :

- Why is the lightsaber combat different than that in single player? The only thing I can guess at is that otherwise it would be too big a performance hit for lower machines, but I WANT to see 10 people vaulting and sabering around a level, just like a decent single player battle.

- Not sure if this is just me, but it seems that even with saber defense 3, guns still OWN you. A simple Jedi bot with a blaster rifle will kill me in less than five seconds of sustained fire while I'm standing there, saber drawn, doing nothing but defend. Ehmm?

- A little more explanation on what options in the create server settings do, please :)

Thanks.

Creston

Patch:

- Balance the Uber hvy stance, tone down the damage or make it take longer to excute. Or even blockable.

- Patch these Forums...they're slow as **** ;)

Enhancements:

-Gotta port single Saber Duels to Multi, they felt more Epic then the current Multi duels

-a Voice menu like the Tribes series had VAS

-Raven/Lucasarts supported sound pack

-Raven/Lucasarts supported model skins. Or include the best of the best that are made from the community in patches.

-Skin suggestions that others missed: Slave Girl Leia is a must :D

Enhancements:

1) Make MP saber like SP..:)..its a must!

2) Heavy stance is currently too powerful, everybody is using it. As mentioned countlessly in other posts, everyone's doing the one-hit-one-kill forward+fire+jump move and jump again.

Solution: Reduce range for ALL heavy stance moves and maybe medium stance (because heavy is reduced) OR Reduce damage for heavy stance..its currently wayy too high (also, there shouldnt be a 1-hit kill move either)

3) Forced powers Heal, Grip & Push, Drain, Lightning needs to be tweaked.

Solution:

Heal should heal like SP heal (over time and can only heal 25%).

Grip should be made so that its blockable (ie like push), maybe when someone is not defending/open for attack, then u can grip the guy. Currently, u can grip the guy regardless and matches are becoming a push and grip fest (dropping ppl into abyss). Push needs to be more blockable too IMO.

Drain drains too much for too little cost. Either increase cost or reduce effectiveness (blockable?/drains way less/substansially increase cost)

Lightning needs to be tone down a bit.

4) Substansially reduce recovery time when knocked out. Currently it takes too long for a person to recover after being knocked down EVEN when using force jump to get up. A guy from far away has plenty of time to come and hack u to pieces, and this usually means instant death since almost every1 is using heavy. Matches are more and more becoming push/kick-in-the-face and chop the guy while he's down.

Other than this, its an EXCELLENT GAME...Thanks!

1) Make MP saber like SP....its a must!

What exactly do people mean by making MP sabercombat like SP? I mean... if they want Sabercombat in MP like it was in SP, why don't they just ask the dude they're playing to do moves those reborn dudes in SP did. :confused:

When trying to host a server, many computers that are part of a network will not have their server name come up in internet listings-they appear to be defaulting to a "local" game. I'm able to host other games for MP just fine so it appears to be an issue with the way JKII interprets things.

BUG:

on the streets of Nadaar level (i think level 6), those damn snipers (soooo many) KNOW exactly where you are, and can even see through walls. That level suffers because of poor programming and brings playability to a stand still. It's too tough, and is extremely frustrating to get picked off by any one of a legion force of snipers, miles away, one after the other. It could have been bettter thought out. Sniper ammo of the bots need to be reduced. More health pick-ups, i'm always at around 40hp. Also those grenaders need to be a lot smarter and stop chucking away like the world is gonna end..

Originally posted by Zodiac

What exactly do people mean by making MP sabercombat like SP? I mean... if they want Sabercombat in MP like it was in SP, why don't they just ask the dude they're playing to do moves those reborn dudes in SP did. :confused:

Perhaps you should read this thread from start to finish. I think it is pretty clear what people are talking about when they refer to the differences in SP and MP.

Originally posted by Jedi Child

BUG:

on the streets of Nadaar level (i think level 6), those damn snipers (soooo many) KNOW exactly where you are, and can even see through walls. That level suffers because of poor programming and brings playability to a stand still. It's too tough, and is extremely frustrating to get picked off by any one of a legion force of snipers, miles away, one after the other. It could have been bettter thought out.

Yeah, those snipers are a tad too accurate, but it isn't easy designing AI, so you have to make up for it in some way by simply letting them "cheat", i.e. let them know where you are.

Enhancements:

1) EAX ADVANCED HD!!!!!

I was so sad when I didn't see this option in the menu. I've got a $200 sound card and I want to take full use of it on this great game

2) More skins. This is MP.

Who cares about time frame. I want a Mace Windu skin. Also, it seems that all the skins were created for SP and just moved over to MP.

3) saber color selection improvement.

Need For Speed High Stakes has a cool way of choosing car color that makes it practically inlimited in choices. It would be cool to have a mint green light saber or a dark dark blue one

4) Deul of Fates song

It would be cool for deuling mode or when a challange is called and fought

Other:

This is a great game! Great job to all those who worked on it! If these things that I've said were added, I don't know how a better game could be made!

ENHANCEMENT:

Love the game.. there isn't too much that needs improvement...

But my main beef with the game (single-player) is the annoyance of re-loading a saved game. This proves really annoying in areas where I find myself dying a lot.

Why not give the option to reload the last "quik-save game" instead of the last "auto-save game?" That way you don't find yourself going to the load game menu every time you die.

Well, you could easily skip that level with no problem and not miss out on much. In fact, that was the only level in the game I just said "Screw this" to, and went on to the next one. Besides, in the next level "Hideout" you get to meet Lando!

Enhancement:

It would be extremly helpful if the player was able to mantle. Most games substitue mantling for unrealisticly high jumping, JK II does an excelent job with making the movements realistic and moving at a realistic pace, however there is no mantling! Its annoying as hell to have to jump onto a smaller ledge then then jump from that ledge to the higher ledge when realisticly you could just climb the ledge in the first place. It was done great in Heretic II, why not in Jedi Knight II?

Also, a creep toggle key would be really nice too, and i don't think that crouch walking should be completly silent (which i am using now to replace creeping).

Bug

I forgot to mention this in my earlier post. When i first installed the game, the installer neglected to install the mp executable file so that i could open up the multiplayer portion of the game. i had to go in and manually copy the file and paste it into the right folder on my hard drive. Yeah, i know, this really isnt that hard to do, but everytime i did it, my computer froze up and the dumb cd-rom drive (my dvd-rom drive) wouldnt stop reading the cd. it finally worked after i rebooted for the 5th time and shoved the cd into my other cd-rom drive (my rewritable drive). This was one hell of an inconvenience and i hope that this only happened to me. I just thought i would bring this you your attention so that other people wont have this problem. other than that last gripe, great game. i am addicted. you have successfully taken away what was left of my life. congrats Raven!!!!!

ENHANCEMENTS: (may have been suggested before)

1.) Make the way you choose your skin/saber how it was in the original. The running spinning model, so you can really get a good look at it. And it is one of the few good opportunities to show off your awesome models Raven!

2.) Add the ability to filter out passworded servers, or at least show like a padlock next to the server to show that they are passworded... frankly I would suggest totally doing away with the Q3A server browser, and getting a decent one... because it sucks. Something more like Tribes. *shrug*

And please, please get rid of the Q3A font. Or even if it's not the same font... just the whole size and the look of it, and how it's anti-aliased... I have never cared for it at all. It just looks nasty.

I really wish the MP of JK2 were up to the same glorious standards as the SP. I think Raven left it too much like Q3A.

But with a few improvements it could be a great deal better.

Almost forgot an important one: Make it so that if you try to join a server and it's full, or you don't have the password... or whatever, when you get spit back out it's to the server list again not to the freaking main menu of the whole game.

That is very important.

Bug/Enhancement:

It's too easy to jiggle a person around with force grip. The person using it should have his turning slowed down.

The whole MP/SP thing:

As far as I can tell, everyone means that the bots simply suck in MP. They aren't -nearly- as good as the ingame Reborn, Tavion, and others. Usually, human vs. human duels work out ok... except for the heavy dark force users. They just lightning/drain spam everywhere.

Originally posted by adamaged

Enhancement

A run/walk toggle would be nice, for those force speed 3 saber battles. Or is there a way to keybind this already?

I believe this is already in the Controls menu, but starts off bound to nothing. It's called Run/Walk I think, but I've never used it.

Originally posted by FWB

Perhaps you should read this thread from start to finish. I think it is pretty clear what people are talking about when they refer to the differences in SP and MP.

I HAVE read the entire thread. I'm very active on this forum and altho I don't reply to all threads, I do read them. I know they're complaining about the MP bots, but imho, I think MP=playing against other real people, not bots. Bots= running targets/practice/cannon fodder: they need to help u to get better at MP. Those saberfighters in SP don't play like real life players, neither do those bots in MP. so both don't help and are pretty useless imo for gaining some more MP-saberskills. But that's just my opinion. I have a good connection so I can enjoy real-life MP combat. I can understand that some people can't get on the internet and'd like some fun in fighting 20 MP-bots...

Originally posted by Zodiac

I HAVE read the entire thread.

People are complaining that blocks just don't occur in MP as they do in SP. The sabres seem to go through one another a lot in MP. This issue has nothing to do with the players you fight. Take a look at the long light sabre thread if you want more detail.

Zodiac: It would seem you haven't read them, or simply haven't played both versions, it has nothing to do with bots.

The differences bewteen saber battles are huge:

1.) Saber locks are only in Duel servers.

2.) Collision detection has been tuned down a lot, sabers will often go right through people dealing no damage in MP, and sabers don't bounce off each like they do in SP.

Play both, and you'll see the difference, they're not really that much alike at all.

Archived