Home

Tell you I will

Young David

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WW II started because of Hitler's anti-Semitic propoganda, which enabled the German population to be brainwashed into accepting the genocidal actions of the SS, SA (ironically called storm troopers) and Gestapo as well as permitting those three groups the mental toughness to commit those acts.

Specific events include the burning of the reichstaag (parliament) in 1933 which Hitler used as an excuse to blame communists and say that the German government was in danger, thus allowing him to declare the enabling act where he was granted full power; a dictator.

In 1937 the Nuremberg laws (the same as the Nuremberg trials after; the first trials for crimes against humanity) further restricted Jews rights by forbidding them to go to school or owning businesses. Jewish businesses were then sold to the Germans for extremely low prices which further impoverished the Jewish society.

Later on (don't remeber the date), Kristalnacht (sp?) (Night of Broken Glass) was when Hitler massacred thousands of Jews (I believe in Poland, not sure) and this signified the first actual holocaust deaths. After that were the Jewish deportations to Concentration Camps and then the death marches back to Germany when the Nazis felt the war was lost.

BTW, I took a course on genocide at my college so that's why I know all this.

Anyways, I'm trying to make this thread intelligent so here's TWO intelligent (I think) questions:

Talking about genocides can anyone give me more information about the Armenian genocide?

I'm actually a friend in real life with Sherack Nhar, or Phil as I call him anyone else know someone in real life?

do not know anything bout aremanian genocide.

Yes I know lots of people in real life. Do I know any forumers...no...i think the closest forumer to my location is Ratmjedi.

Alright here's my question. My fiancee and I were invited to a friend of his Christmas Eve Party. I do not particularly like these people and usually do go to these partys with my fiancee because I know theya re his friends. But these people DRINK a LOT...and I can't drink right now. I personally want to spend our first christmas eve together (living together) alone and don't really consider Christmas Eve and ocasion to get drunk. That's just not something I want to do on a holy night. My fiancee is mad at me and wants to go by himself. Do you think I should let him go? I feel pretty hurt - what does he want me to spend Christmas eve by myself?

Wow, my first post in the dreaded TUIW, I never thought this moment would arrive, but Shannon needs some input here.

I think it's very unfair, what he's doing to you. He shouldn't put you in a dilemma like that. Your best bet is to sit down with him and make him understand why you don't want to go there, and tell him what you had in mind instead. I hope you'll be able to convince him... if he still holds on to his stubborness, then I guess it's your decision to accompany him or not :-/

I don't think you should go see those people if you don't like them, if only for the baby's sake :(

My question is: What do you think should Shannon do?

This is TUIW as it was intended :D Keep it up guys (and girl) :D

Wat should Shan do? Have a good talk with yer fiancee. There are 3 options.

- Go together

- Stay home together

- Fiancee goes, you stay home

The third is not really how you'd like your christmas, right? So that means that one of you two has to sacrifice. I cannot tell you wich one of you two should, you have to decide that together.

I can tell you what I should do, but that wouldn't help you. You'll both have to find it out. (okay, I'll say it ... I'd stay home. But that's because I don't drink)

'nother Question:

What is Bush' real motivaton to invade Iraq?

Archived