Home

Poll: Which skins/mods/levels would you like to see?

Juztyn

Well? I've heard alot of people asking for a chewie skin, and I was going to do a JO style remake of Higher Ground (a JK level I made a while ago)... So what kinds of skins/mods/levels would you like to see made after the SDK comes out?

I'll keep a running list here so people won't make double posts:

Skins:

- Chewbacca

- Darth Maul (done, no?)

- Darth Vader

- Dark Kyle (also done, no?)

- Anakin (ep2)

- Jango/Boba Fett

- JK1 darkjedi (Yun, Sariss, Jerec, Boc)

- Mace Windu

- Obi-wan

- Yoda

- Corran Horn, Kyp Durran, other EU chars.

- Twi'lek

- Mon Calamari

- Emperor's Royal Guard

- C3PO

- Battle Droid

- Other Ep1 models

- Amidala, Gungan, etc.

- Han, Mara, Leia, etc.

- E.T.!

- Gammorean Guard

- Leia in slave/bounty hunter outfits :p

- Admiral Thrawn

- Barkeeper from Nar Cantina

- Jabba the Hutt (haha)

- Amidala

- Emperor Palpatine

- Admiral Piett

- IG-88, Dengar, 4-LOM, other bounty hunters.

- Exar Kun

- Admiral Daala

- Quarren

- Aqualish

- Nein Nunb

- Wedge Antilles

- James Bond

- Kenny (dear god no..)

- Superman

- Leia's kids (jaina jacen anakin

- Sam & Max

- Indiana Jones

- Sy Snoodles

- Snowtrooper (w/ cape)

- The Grim Fandango characters

- Jawas

- Spacetrooper

- Darktrooper

- Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru

- Monkey Island group

- Hammerhead (Ithorian)

Levels:

- Duel of the Fates

- Ewok Village

- Mos Eisley (and Cantina)

- Tatooine

- Jabba's Palace

- Canyon Oasis

- Jawa Sandcrawler

- Better Bespin/Death Star levels (remakes)

- Coruscant

- Endor (forest/shield base/etc)

- Star Destroyer (remakes)

- Massassi Temple (inside)

- Vong Ship (EU books)

- Hoth

- Hadley's Hope colony from Aliens

- Imperial building/prison/research facility (as if we're not going to get any of these :p)

- Sith swamp/temple levels like the ones in mots

- Sacrifice Chamber (More Vong stuff)

- Executor (Vader's flagship)

- Sarlacc

- More duel levels.. saber, nf, long catwalks.

- Jedi High School (shudder)

- The Battle Arena from AotC

- The Death Star hanger where Obi Wan dies.

- Shield Generator Bunker

- Pod Race Arena from TPM

- Naboo Palace

- I would love to see a Multiplayer level that makes good use of the force powers (like SP) For example. A level that has a special area that only people w/ certain force powers allocated can get to. ie. A high platform that leads to a certain weapon. This can only be reached by people with full force jump. An area that you have to use full force push to break through and get something else. An area where you have tu pull some lever with force pull in order to access another area. etc.

- Valley of the Jedi

- Yoda's Swamp (please.. not like the one made for JK)

- A Duel level in the rain (awesome idea)

- Kashyyyk (wookie homeworld)

- Vortex (the musical Glass tower that Leia crashed into in the thrawn trilogy)

- Lower levels of Coruscant

- Myrykr (no force powers)

- a Mon Cal capital ship

- New Republic senate chamber

- Gungan city (good for the Jar-Jar slaughter mod)

- Naboo city

Mods:

- "A sabreur's version of the Jedi Master game type (all players get sabres only, one double-blade for Master; call the mode Sith Lord and give Lord all Dark powers, all others restricted to light?)"

- "An emperor mod where the emperor has very damaging lightning, but all other force powers are weak. Maybe this is just stupid :) "

- "Slay the Gungan's map! Tons and tons of Gungans running around like morons saying stupid things like "You say people gonna die??". You'll need some good sound files of Jar Jar as well as a nice rewarding death scream."

- New Jedi Order mod

- New saber colors

- Coop/Teamwork mods

- Port of DF/JK

- JORPG

- Coop mod

- "Maybe a bounty-hunter mod? One player is a bounty-hunter armed with nice guns, and all other players only have pistols. Only the hunter scores points, and the guy that kills him takes his place."

- Clone wars

Weapons:

- Blas-Tech DL44

- E-Web

- Force pike

- Force axe

- Vibroblade

- Rebel Alliance blaster (From the beginning of ANH)

- Boba Fett Gun

- Tusken long rifle

- Gaffi sticks (no bantha traks needed)

- "Hold-out" blaster

- Dual lightsabers (with animations)

- Akimbo pistols

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see an Ewok village. It may sound stupid but I think it would be nice, with the catwalks and some platforms... some huts... could have a nice atmosphere.

Like to see Mos Eisley too. The sand, the saloon, more sand... maybe some banthas standing around for atmosphere.

/me gives a big :thumbsup: to Jedith on the eps 1 map.

I think alot of people want to see eps1 like jedi's too and of course alot of people would like to see the freezing chamber done over with a working switch and freeze. I would like to see a CTF map with a Tattoine like setting. Skins for me...hmmm...I would like to see JK 1's models redone for this one..like Yun, Jerec and Sariss.

I'd like to see somebody make a Mace Windu model, I also second a Mos Eisley level with all the "colorful" locals, I think the level would more fun if it was SP though and not MP, but thats just my opinion.

I was very impressed with your Canyon River lvl in JK1.

jedi in general would be better, and i second pretty much everything everyone else has said already. for a map id like to see jaba the hutts lair from return of the jedi. for a model, actually its not a character model but id like to see a double edged saber. the only reason i dont think id like it however is because im sure everyone would start using it. and what about an obie wan skin? finaly, it would be cool to see a levitating yoda ( the only reason to levitate him is because hes too short otherwise.) i always thought it would be cool to see yoda using a saber in some way.

ill stop here cause i could go on all day.

one quick thought: mos eisley would be awesome liek someone said and also there was a level made for dark forces 2 that was the jawas big driving thing from the first star wars, that level was done well.

The Ewok Village? everytime someone tries to make that into any Star Wars game, it ends up looking like Kelethin out of EverQuest! Heck, the only time they got the ewok village right was when someone make Kelethin for Unreal Tournament - that looked like it =P weird irony, huh?

obi-wan skin from episode 1 or 2. also a level of of the last scene of episode 1. be so much fun to be obi-wan (or qui-gon or darth maul) and be part of the entire last battle. anakin skin would be great too. oh yeah, how about a level of that scene from the trailer for episode 2 where the jedi are surronded by droids. be great you and a handful of jedi against thousands of droids that can be cut like butter.

i guess that thing i mentioned was a sand crawler. this was a great idea for a thread. even if you dont use all of these ideas its a great list to have for map makers and skinners. oh and i cant believe i forgot this one: the jedi academy from sp outcast. it was fun dueling in there during sp.

I have a long running relationship with the quake engine, and I've been doing a lot of stuff in the Q3 engine, and I can't wait to get down and dirty with Jedit (well that's what I'd call it if I was Raven :D).

I got a 4 months summer vacation coming up, and I need a project or two to work on so I don't go ca-wazy, and I'm thinking the MP levels for JO could use a major overhauling in general...

Personally I've always been in love with Cloud City, the architecture, the atmosphere, the lighting, everything is juuust right. So I might go for that, as I find the current ffa_bespin to be less than adequate (well I find a lot of the levels in JO to be less than adequate, but the duels more than make up for that ;)).

Either that or a proper deathstar map, because the one that's in there now is pretty boring...

A Coruscant duel level would kick ass, maybe place it on a landing platform or two or between two buildings with walkways and platforms that you could force jump inbetween.

The problem with maps like Coruscant and Cloud City though, is that to give them the right atmosphere you need them to be open and have the right view over the cities, and making that'll be a b*tch. But I know that there's a lot of 3D Star Wars sites out there, maybe they could supply the models and someone just has to put it all together and render out a 360 environ. map... I'll get right on that...

As a quick note, I hope that the updated GtkRadiant and accompanying compile tools will be ported to JO, because the lighting in a lot of the maps (Bespin again...) is horrible!

Primarily though, I hope that people will make up their own locations, of course keeping within the spirit of Star Wars, but the possibilities are practically endless! After all, we've seen most of those locations before, and although it would be cool to fight in them, I'm just as anxious to see new exciting places.

But add Coruscant and a Cloud City remake on there. And maybe above a lava stream :D (but maybe we should wait till after E3 to make sure it gets juuust right).

Now we just need confirmation from Raven that the SDK will be released within a day or two... (no, there's no rumor floating around about that, so don't ask).

Guest r0bman

My favorite map in JK/MOTS will have to be the bespin map... the platform, carb freeze chamber, and everything... I was very disappointed with the pathetic on they stuck in JO... I'm working on one right now, but I'm kind of affraid that I won't be able to convert it to JO... I'm using Radiant :(

As for skins, Vader is a must. So's the Fetts, and I'd love a Corran Horn skin... Kyp Durron, NJO style... older... and a twilek w/ animated braintails would be really neat. Just all the cool jedi in general need to be done... JO was really lacking in skins and mp maps... and that's my humble opinion ;)

Ok, so we all want Jedi skins and more levels and we all have great ideas... but us admins could really use an Admin Mod. Something similar to admin mod for CS. There may allready be one, and I would be interested in hearing about it if there was. I'd try to do it myself, but I don't have the time. I barely have enough time to play da game, much less code it!

DrNutz

Levels:

RE: Canyon Oasis, just like the old.

A map where we can somehow force pull the lever for the carbon chamber, and instead of freezing them (no animation for it).....just suck them out? Or kill em? I HATE the carbon duel map without the danger of falling in and getting frozen.

Skins:

C3P0

Battle Droid

Dark Kyle (I have one, but it is only decent)

Crimson Guard! (Palpatines red guards)

^ would be SO COOL! I got comics on them. They have a blaster under their cloak AND a metal staff that slices! They can kill storm troopers like *BAM*. They are cool. Make skin.

Fetts, etc....

Simplex, I assume you're talking about the Crimson Empire series? You're right, they rawwk.

As to things I'd like to see:

• An Endor Shield Base map (I remember the idea being bandied around somewhere...)
  • A decent Star Destroyer level (with flight bay etc.)
  • A Yavin map of the base from Ep4
  • A map inside a Rebel starship (for a change from Imperial Grey)
  • Models for all the major Jedi so far seen
  • Mandalorian models
  • Ep1 models like Amidala, Battledroid, Gungan etc.
  • Other character models- Han, Chewie, Leia, Mara- you get the idea
  • A sabreur's version of the Jedi Master game type (all players get sabres only, one double-blade for Master; call the mode Sith Lord and give Lord all Dark powers, all others restricted to light?)

-JH.

i was thinking of a dueling map ... a LONG and WIDE catwalk ... that would be cool, with nothing under it ... although without force turned off this map would be horrible ...

or maybe 2 catwalks, one under another forming an X ... i dunno .. kinda sounds cool, but that one idea of a map about the saber fight between obi maul and quigon ... thatd be cool

i cant express my desire to have a fett model and skin, jango or boba it doesn't matter ...

Good ideas

- Royal Guard

- Jango/Boba Fett

- A good double bladed lightsaber. Held differently, moved differently etc. (I should wake up in.... 30 seconds :) )

- Updated Canyon Oasis

- An emperor mod where the emperor has very damaging lightning, but all other force powers are weak. Maybe this is just stupid :D

I would only say make a Darth Vader if you can make the cape flop around as you move. A cardboard cape wouldn't be cool

Best idea:

- Slay the Gungan's map! Tons and tons of Gungans running around like morons saying stupid things like "You say people gonna die??". You'll need some good sound files of Jar Jar as well as a nice rewarding death scream.

Ok, this may sound a bit odd but how about E.T. They were in episode one so it fits in with the SW universe. But hell if i know how to do it right. hed have run with his arms like in the rerelease that just came out, or not. just an idea.

I'd love to see a Corran Horn skin or a Vong mod with amphistaff, thud bugs, etc. An Aliens vs. Predator mod would be cool too.

As for levels:

A hanger

Vong ship

Imperial building/prison/research facility

Endor forest

Hadley's Hope colony from Aliens :p

Hoth

Archived