Home

The Anti-Saberist Code

ArtifeX

Do you swear to uphold the *ASC* ?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Do you swear to uphold the *ASC* ?

• I do so swear!
    • mommy! you guys are mean!

Here's my bit for those who like reading.:D

If the server is public and the name doesn't indicate 'house rules'

Then expect anything goes, nobody has to be nice, its public, nobody should be abused for doing anything.

...humping corpses just scares me though...

If you want rules! Make your own server.

If you can't, join one that supports your idea!

If you can't do any of that, your stuck with everything you don't like, just play SP, MP isn't for you. Unless you play LANs

Sounds pretty condescending doesn't it.

Thats cause I'll have cable in a week and I'll be hosting my server

And I'll kick the ass off anyone that says

'Don't use lighting'

or 'Get off this server' hahaha that'd be a good one.

I'll play the game the way I want too. Well worth the extra $40AU a month.

:monkey4:

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a big fan of duel only servers and there I try to be respectful because there tends to be a lot of talking after matches and it's just more fun if those aren't flame-fests, but on FFA servers?? Why the hell would anyone play by rules on a FREE for all sever, the idea is that anything goes...I just had to swear by the ASC becuase I realized, like so many others, that the people who post saberist codes and flamed this one are just plain stupid...

Yes, this thread is flamebait.. BUT, I did find it highly amusing.. I laughed.. I cried...

Brilliant satire!

In any case, I think it's perfectly legitimate.. if some people want to start one code of "honor" let him start his own as well. That's freedom "baby".... ; )

Anyhow, I'm sure this thread will get closed soon, so I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did!

last time i checked this was just a game (maybe i'm mistaken if so you better correct me) but i don't see the point in destroying people who just want to have fun dueling.......why ruin the game for everybody when you can play like everybody else and have fun.......personally i think it's a lose lose situation because even if you do beat all the -sc- you'll just be kicked........personally i think it's stupid

Playing JO, and having a few mp-games in the old bag and thus been around in some different forums, it is quite easy to recognize a troll. :)

"Man, they are soo serious about this jedi-honor-crap, i will **ck with them so they get all spasmatic of wrath, because they are soo damn funny"

ArtifeX, as you probably know, it's not what you "say" that make some people upset, it is how you "say" it.

Looking at the bit "how", it looks like you enjoy making different people angry/mad/sad/bored, with the help of your wits.

It is sad that many behave such as that, in each and one mp-game.

But Hey, who cares, it's only a game after all!

Bah, posting this is a real waste of time, almost never before have any Troll changed his/her mind that easy.

People actually bow in FFA? :rofl:

Bowing's cool in duels, a long as it's brief and doesn't keep the other player waiting too long, but I don't think it has a place in FFA.

However, I think that the Anti-saberists code is a load of $#|7 and only serves the purpose to p|$$ off other gamers.

And I don't really care if you find pleasure in killing an idle player. If you find that the only way to get on the scoreboard is through cheap kills like that, then fine. Just don't expect anyone to think you're 1337 because you killed a heap of idlers and didn't have the guts to earn your kills the real way.

:yobi:

I laughed my @55 off when i read that. I'm all for respect to other players and I will use my own counsel as to which code I should use depending on the situation. If i'm playing with some SCers I will respect and join there game. If during that game someone comes up and attacks desabred people then fine for them, what a fulfilling kill that must be. If on the other hand they come up and say hey I just wanna fight with none of this waiting to duel stuff then I'll happily beat him to death or vice versa away from the duelling area so as to not spoil there fun and enjoy the killing elsewhere.

I like the idea of FFA duelling and I think people should realise it's going to happen wether you kill them or not. Just get over it avoid them and play with others on the server in another area. If there are no others find another server. If you still feel the urge to kill unarmed people just watching a duel then you will soon either piss people off to the point where they will kick you or they'll just ignore you as they don't care about frags or points.

Totally pointless discusion though as noone will change the way they play from this thread and the community will eventually find a balance or die.

Let the flamin commence please. ; )

What you don't understad is that:

WE ARE NOT TRYING TO F**KING IMPOSE OUR IDEAS ON YOU!@%@#^@#^!@$

The only thing we are doing, is saying that if you wanna play FFA, play it however you want, but know that if it's FFA and you're allowed to do whatever you want, we're allowed to gang up on you. You people are saying that "we are trying to impose our rules on you" while saying "you will play however you want"... THIS IS F**KING HYPOCRISY!! IF YOU WANNA PLAY HOWEVER YOU WANT, WE ARE ALLOWED TOO AND DON'T WHINE LIKE ArtiFag ABOUT IT.

Originally posted by Soul-Burn

The only thing we are doing, is saying that if you wanna play FFA, play it however you want, but know that if it's FFA and you're allowed to do whatever you want, we're allowed to gang up on you.

erm...that sounds like your trying to impose yopur ideas on us. If we do something you and your rules don't ;like u'll gang up on us to punish us so we don't do it again. That sounds like imposing ideas to me.

I will play this game how i want to play and will enjoy it. You want to gang up on me, u better be prepared cos i can take u all on, and i don't give a wank if u gang up on me.

This is a bloody game, it's not up to you how i play it. If u do not like the way the game is going or the people on that server, leave the server and go somewere else.

This is a game, not a country, i play online to escape all the rules and regulations of normal life, i will not be dictated to by u or anyone else how to play. :mad:

Krak3n

Ouch that hurt my ears. LOL.

Just a thought on this. The rules that SCers go by will always be around regardless of tags after names and people will always play by them. You cannot prevent that so why fight it. Also there will always be people against this idea of honour and that won't change either.

The easy thing is if you know what to look for you can easily spot people from either side. I never fully trust anyone even with their sabre down so whatever their intentions I will be prepared.

The whole idea of a tag for like minded honour players was a good one but it will not work now if there are people out there determined to bring it down. We can now no longer trust the tag due to fakers.

Krak3n...

It's you who are trying to impose YOUR rules on us. You are such an hypocrite!!!!!

YOU WANT "FREE FOR ALL", then we are free to gang up on you. You don't like that? Don't play FFA. You don't care? then just shut up and don't whine...

I swear, some people need to take a damn chill pill, and stop posting in obvious flame/troll posts (DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS. It's like the guy who feeds a bear, and then has no food, because the bear attacked him for it. Don't reply to these, and the bear will go away).

This will be my only post in this thread.

All parties involved (Both -SC-/JDG and *ASC*), need to relax. Seriously. You guys are arguing like a bunch of people from the counter-strike.net forums. In (from a certain point of view, ie, MINE) a very childish way.

Stupid plays on names like ArtiFag etc, does nothing except lower peoples opinions of you. I think I might go make an amendment to the code now, as in "Don't post stupidly on Jedi Knight 2 forums, especially the LucasForums one.".

This has gotten WAY out of hand. I'm requesting (from me, not anyone else), that everyone just stop arguing, and let people play the game they want to play it. Don't go out of your way to ruin other peoples fun, no matter how much enjoyment you might get from it (as myg0t proved with cheating in counter-strike, they got their enjoyment from pissing people off, crashing servers, etc).

In all this stuff relating to a Code of Honour, Conduct, Combat, whatever, I've always tried to not stoop to a low level and start with insults. I'm slightly frustrated that some people have, and I'm disappointed that some people haven't had the self control to not post insults.

And on that topic, if anyone can find where I've gone and insulted someone, feel free to point it out to me. Excluding this post, where there is 1 or 2 semi-insults about the way people are behaving.

Relax damnit!

Let people play how they want. If its a server that says they play by a certain Code, don't go on there just to not play by it. Go elsewhere. Don't insult peoples opinions on how they want to play the game. Respect their opinions, and respect the fact that they are merely wanting to get more fun out of the game by playing from a Code.

Simple. At least, it should be.

Guest HertogJan

OMG!! You guys are SO mature!!

Damn, I bet you can eat without spilling your food all over the floor now, congratulations!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Archived