Home

The Anti-Saberist Code

ArtifeX

Do you swear to uphold the *ASC* ?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Do you swear to uphold the *ASC* ?

• I do so swear!
    • mommy! you guys are mean!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by greves

if its "Just a game" then why do a**holes like the guy that made this thread spend so much time trying to ruin it. go be a quaker and get out of the games of those who want to play it. btw its lamers like you people that made my clan lock up our server so we can actually play on it without 5 a**holes running around blowig rockets and running backwards firing bows at us!

I take it you're talking about your own server? If so you are obviosuly the admin so you make the rules. If you're running a public server w/o house rules you need to get over it, or just disable weapons. What kind of an admin are you anyways? Don't just complain about how Raven wrote the game because you aren't good at it using 'Raven' house rules. You don't know how to disable weapons on your own clan server....I think that says enough.

And with regards to the thread, if you don't see this as being originally insteaded as a sarcastic joke on the SC rules that's pretty sad. Unfortunately a few ppl who take everything here too seriously decided to ruin the joke.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by ArtifeX

myg0t? You're comparing me to the most notorious cheaters on the web? Have I said or done anything that would lead you to believe that I cheat? No? Rethink your statement.

Man, it's so easy to get you guys riled.

Actualy myg0t isn't so much about cheating as it is about pissing people off by any means necessary cheating is just one of the tools. I'm not myg0t, but really it is fun to just piss people off. they take the whole gaming thing so damn seriously.

People who have given us their complete confidence believe that they have a right to ours. The inference is false, a gift confers no rights.

-Nietzsche

I'm going to tell you guys a true story. Just a couple of days ago me and 3 of my friends played JK][ 'cause for some reason HL kept crashing the 4th pc. Of the four of us, I was the best player since I was the only one who has actually played JK][ multiplayer. So it would be natural for me to own them at FFA. I don't usually play dirty, but I got bored so instead I played a little tricky. I just watched them fight it out while I activated mind trick lvl3 and I just sat back and watched for 1 of them to be caught off guard. Then I push that poor sucker into a pit scoring me an easy kill. Then I run and go mind trick. Go ahead, tell me it's cheap. That's what my friends thought too. So after doing that a few more times they ganged up on me. 3 on 1. Then things started to get more interesting.

For someone with experience, it would just be natural for me to put up a fighting chance on that situation considering they were total n00bs, but I had to pull every trick on my book and I even had to make some of my own. Including imitating one of the other three's skin and saber color so that they would think twice about swinging that saber at me. We were still at FFA btw so they could still hurt each other. They learned my tricks and they adapted and got harder to beat, but I also learned new tricks and adapted to the way they tried to handle me. I was trying to create new tricks to even out their man advantage and they kept trying to counter my tricks. I even tried running around them full-contact-melee style using force drain to keep my health up and keep their force meter low at the same time. Then it was 4am in the morning and we all had to go. As we walked away from the PCs we were laughing at each other so hard that we were farting all the way home.

What's the moral of the story? Each of us played by our rules. I decided to play dirty. They all ganged up on me. I continued to play dirty, they continued to gang up on me. One of them started playing dirty by staying away and kept throwing his saber at me while I was busy with the others. The other one just banged at my head on hoping I will die before I pull another one over them. The third just plain messed around hoping to get a kill by doing the same thing I was doing. And it was fun. Why was it fun? Because we all played the way we wanted to. Because we didn't play the way we did for fear of getting ganged up on and kicked off the server. Because we didn't have to follow some "code of honor" just so we could be called c00l or l33t or just so we weren't branded as a l4m3r. Because we didn't have to force a set of rules on each other that we didn't want to follow.

Originally posted by guest

What's the moral of the story? Each of us played by our rules. I decided to play dirty. They all ganged up on me. I continued to play dirty, they continued to gang up on me. One of them started playing dirty by staying away and kept throwing his saber at me while I was busy with the others. The other one just banged at my head on hoping I will die before I pull another one over them. The third just plain messed around hoping to get a kill by doing the same thing I was doing. And it was fun. Why was it fun? Because we all played the way we wanted to. Because we didn't play the way we did for fear of getting ganged up on and kicked off the server. Because we didn't have to follow some "code of honor" just so we could be called c00l or l33t or just so we weren't branded as a l4m3r. Because we didn't have to force a set of rules on each other that we didn't want to follow.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

If everyone played with an open mind, like you might if you were playing with friends, we would all have a lot more fun, and there wouldn't be all of these problems. There wouldn't be flaming or whining or complaining (I play Duel servers and it gets annoying when people die and immediately go 'that lucky fag' 'he needs to get skills' or something like that).

Anyway...that's a code people should sign up for--the GB code (good buddies code). The only thing you have to do is treat everyone like they're one of your friends...

Thanks for sticking up for the rest of us! Now I know who are the real 'Blademasters' out there...

Role-Playing is kept separate to keep you in your world and us out, and we like it that way. I want to SWASHBUCKLE and keep the light monotony-driven fencing and promenading in private servers away in their land. *ASC* is about keeping it real -- not about who stitched their robe (which is cool but def. role-playing).

Finally, this game is not a role-playing game and that's not good in itself. Most of these people would be playing online with 'RPG settings' like Ultima Online or Everquest if this game was programmed to feature 'just a little more'. It's ultimately Raven's fault for giving us a game that isn't very flexible, and doesn't give us any role-playing. Imagine if MP maps had NPC characters that allowed you to interact with other players DIFFERENTLY. For instance, you could buy a double-blade with enough kills from Watto and then use the double-blade in combat.

As it is SC and lots of others are playing out their role-playing everywhere except the GAME!! Hopefully they NOW KNOW how we feel about their magic (force powers) and fantasy (role-playing) and Codes: it's just a game to us and you are playing out of bounds.

*ASC* Jodo Kast

I quite understand what Anti is saying, a FFA is a FFA, and there are no 'rules' that people must conform to to play. But, when it comes to dueling (in duel servers), I bow, I turn off my saber, call me a sissy or whatever you want, I do it because it's fun. I don't do it to honor other people or whatever, I just do it because it looks cool and it's fun to do, makes duels look flashier and more professional. But then again, I do not force my opponent to bow, for all I care they can stand there and watch me bow and then start the match. But what I don't like happening (again, remember this is for dueling servers) is when you bow, and the opponent takes advantage of the situation and tries to DFA you or something. The guy does not have to bow, but attacking in a duel when the opponent is not ready is not showing you are better at all. I don't know if you guys agree, but I know there will be lamers out there who will bitch and whine about my post. I'm trying to keep it as neutral as I possibly can.

My recommendation is to label your servers as SC servers. This way you can kick the jerks like you just described.

As it is now, it seems everyone is either staying with 1.02 or upgrading to 1.03. This means there are now 50% 1.02 and 50% 1.03 servers.

Now imagine if they released 1.04. If Raven again half-heartedly corrects the gameplay, 1.03 users will upgrade, some will not, others will still stay with 1.02, others will reinstall and use 1.01.

To prevent constant errors in the future (Version 7 expected but got Version 6, Version 8 expected but got Version 6, etc, etc) there are two options:

1. Release no more patches. This will keep fragmentation down.

2. Provide the dedicated servers with the ability to configure their OWN game, which means only 1 more patch is needed.

This way you could modify the game - you would see the settings when you first log in - and even check the server info for a server playing the type of game you like. You could customize the settings for each move. Since there are so many, PRESETS could be used so you know what a server is like by it's PRESET name (like: Blademaster DFA2 Server)

As it is, we must conform to 1.02 or 1.03 ... even tho we BOUGHT the game! Maybe the SDK will address these issues, but who wants to rely on the public to standardize the next JK2 Patch??

/me applied to join *ASC*

Artifex: YGM

I like the way that S!TH!NATOR played against Artifex and lost (saw it on the *ASC* website). I was most chuffed.

Man I read that -SC- thread and was appalled. It was like watching the formation of a new Nazi party or something, kinda like whats happening in europe right now with the Netherlands and France shifting to the far right.

:monkey4:

• 2 weeks later...

I won't wear any tag or any of that BS, but the servers I play on and the ppl I play with often use many of the SC rules. WTF gives anyone the right to tell anyone how to play a game? And why the hell NOT team up on a player who is ONLY trying to ruin everyone elses fun? I see nothing wrong with that.

Hell we even have padguarders sometimes who ONLY guard against incoming llama's.(not usually that successful, but fun anyway).

The SC nor ASC has no right to tell anyone how to play the game, and if you want to be an ******* and interfere with duels/people waiting on duels for the sake of pissing them off.. don't whine about getting gangraped by 'em.

And don't tell me any BS about going to a duel server... I like being able to move around/taunt/whatever while i watch or wait for a duel. Besides.. telling duelists to go to duel servers is... telling someone else how to play the game.. I thought you people were against that??

Kill ya's later.

• 3 weeks later...

erhm.... You'll probably think I'm stupid for saying this, but erhm.... by making this 'ASC' you doing exactly the same thing that the -SC- ers are doing:

making rules that you think other people should follow because you think they're good..... I don't have an -SC- tag, but when I'm just walking there with my saber off and someone DFAs me from behind, I go after the guy for the rest of the game and make sure I make his game a living hell... why? Because you simply don't kill someone who's got his saber off, atleast not while he's just walking ..... if he's hoarding holocrons or running away from someone else because he's getting his ass kicked, then it's fine by me, but basically: both *ASC* and -SC- are stupid sets of rules meant only to ruin the game for those that don't follow them.

if you play by SC it's good.

if you don't it's good too.

i respect the code and you'll often find me standing round the pit watching others duelling.

if you feel like kicking my ass over the edge when i'm unarmed...just go ahead. it doesn't bother me.

i'll just respawn and 15 secs later you'll find me again at the same place...and if it's fun to you, kick me again.

i don't give a s**t on the score.

all the rest is just bla bla.

• 9 months later...

Arifex I tottally think everyone should be as relaxed as you. Also i had a really good laugh at you force powers thread. Although I have news for the die hard gun noobs. You use a gun because you cant use a saber. Stop denying you suck at the main focus of the intire game your just trying to cover it with cocky excuses. SiN is the biggest Clan in JK2 right now we have 250 members. Also we barly lose, SiN- Perfect cell is number one on non-force dueling darkside stats. Smith and Brozen are number one on ANY force dueler, and we have a powerful counter stike division( for the guns part, guns in JK take no skill in counter strike you have to aim). If anyone here knows SiN you know we dont follow any SC bull**** rule system. We have been branded the lamer clan. WTF are you going to do to 250 lamers?? Nothing stfu sit down. If you shot me with a gun or didnt show respect with a GF i wouldnt even use my saber i would just kick you in the face over and over again intill you hate me with all your little weak heart. Also you will be suprised to see how many no names in a server magiclly have SiN tags appear in front of there name after you even walk to near a member. 5 out of every 20 JK2 players you meet on random servers will probably be SiN with the tags removed. Anyway stfu and practice your saber anyone can counter a gun anyway. Its called face the shooter your saber will block it. If its a rocket or something like that then you push. How hard is that?

Archived