Home

I passed my A+ hardware test.

GUNNER

If your gonna overclock it that much, then liquid cooling is the way to go.

Of course, then you end up with a chassis with more cooling pipes running through it than the engine compartment of my first car had,.. but it's a small price to pay to be the neighborhood mack-daddy uber-geek. :rolleyes:

I picked up a copy of a magazine called "MaximumPC" one day while waiting for my car to be serviced that's devoted to super overclocking mods like liquid cooling the MOBO and GPU. It's like 'Hot-Rod' magazine for the silicon set. I've never seen people showing off the innards of thier monster-machines like that, except at car shows.

Kinda scary...

Don't the Cray super-computers have something like that already? Liquid nitrogen or some such 'wow-factor' stuff?

It's only a matter of time before somebody does it on a desktop machine. All for the sake of a few more FPS.

It'll cost a fortune,.. but 'Serious Sam' will run sooo smoooooth.

Originally posted by GUNNER

I bet that baby's great huh?

it's beautiful, its an older one, not the new super flat's, but big enough to make up for the slightly noticeable curve, very slight, esp for one this big. The big kicker being shes a freebie loner from my work cuz we had extra and I have super senior employee status since I am finishing up my 2nd year there right now.

Archived