Home

Real Sabers (Jedi Academy)

JediSith999

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thought i'd add an opinion to the debate here, since when i posted before i was at work, and not really able to really take a good look at other peoples opinions...

The saber which i ordered from Buy Star War Stuff (or Parksabers, if thats where they get them from) is the Rogue model (Red Blade, to go with my evil sith type dealings :D )

is going to take 6-8 weeks for construction and delivery (may be earlier, but thats what it said in the e-mail i got from them after placing the order), whereas L'Equa Sinar said in one of his posts, and excuse me for being a newb at this forum stuff, but i can't do quotes, so i'll do my own

"Hopefully my lightec should be here (England) within

a week apparently!!!"

Now, i live in Scotland, and last i remember, it didn't take an extra 5-7 weeks to travel between Scotland and England :p

This seems to suggest to me that the BSWS (or Parks) sabers must be constructed in a more durable way if it takes longer than a week to construct and deliver (or it could just mean that Jeff Parks is lazy :p )

Just my opinion, lemme know what you guys think

:dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber:

Alot of times 6-8 weeks for delivery is an overestimate in case something goes wrong during the manufacturing or shipping. That and the customers love it when the saber shows up 3 weeks ahead of schedule. :)

Once you guys get one lemme know how they act.. pics please.. I'm considering a lightech, but still wanna look into it beofre plunking down my hard earned cash.

Two things that would help, Creamy:

1) Ask nicely. These people are not answerable to you. They do not have to justify anything to you.

2) It would really help if you spoke coherent, comprehensible english. Reading posts like yours makes my eyes bleed.

The reason why it takes longer for Park Sabers to construct your light sabers is because they are more buyers.

Jeff Parks makes 15 lightsabers, and then he ships them away.

If your lucky, u can get in the last 2/3 lightsaber constructions. If you're having bad luck. Your saber was the first in line :)

Another reason why it takes 6 to 8 weeks is because of Episode 2. He's getting a lot more orders then 1 year ago :)

Originally posted by [HoT]Dark-Sith

Just thought i'd add an opinion to the debate here, since when i posted before i was at work, and not really able to really take a good look at other peoples opinions...

The saber which i ordered from Buy Star War Stuff (or Parksabers, if thats where they get them from) is the Rogue model (Red Blade, to go with my evil sith type dealings :D )

is going to take 6-8 weeks for construction and delivery (may be earlier, but thats what it said in the e-mail i got from them after placing the order), whereas L'Equa Sinar said in one of his posts, and excuse me for being a newb at this forum stuff, but i can't do quotes, so i'll do my own

"Hopefully my lightec should be here (England) within

a week apparently!!!"

Now, i live in Scotland, and last i remember, it didn't take an extra 5-7 weeks to travel between Scotland and England :p

This seems to suggest to me that the BSWS (or Parks) sabers must be constructed in a more durable way if it takes longer than a week to construct and deliver (or it could just mean that Jeff Parks is lazy :p )

Just my opinion, lemme know what you guys think

Well, i'm not 100% sure but maybe Parksabers actually have to have them made somwhere else, shippe to them etc.... hance the 6-8 weeks...

With Lightec i am assuming they have them pre-made in stock so they will send on out then order more to be made for ppl who buy sometime in the future, they said they will send mine declared as a low value gift, to knock the shipping cost down to $32, and said it should get to england within 3days, so i am ssuming maybe 1 week in total, which if it is true, i should gte mine in about 6 days!! heres hoping! :)

just out of curiousity...

Can u get a refund if u dont like the saber with lightech?

Cause I spoke to Jeff and he said there is a 5 day full refund warranty if u dont like it. And if u dont live in the usa he extends the 5 day refund because of shipping time etc.

These are not for dueling and they are very pricey, ridiculously pricey. But they are true to the original props, they use the antique flashguns that Lucas used in the original films. Another neat point is that these use a mercury argon plasma blade that actually lights up and down as you activate/deactivate it.

lightsaber replicas

You can duel with these.

Larbel also makes great replicas of the early luke/vader sabers as well. He also includes an insert that will accept a lightech style EL blade. You have to buy the blade and electronics from lightech as well. His work is highly recommended. A fraction of the cost from the above site although different products. The site says plasmablade but they are just the saber body itself and intended for EL blades. He's in HK and he ships fast!

Larbel

Have fun.

The reason why it takes longer for Park Sabers to construct your light sabers is because they are more buyers.

Jeff Parks makes 15 lightsabers, and then he ships them away.

If your lucky, u can get in the last 2/3 lightsaber constructions. If you're having bad luck. Your saber was the first in line

Well, that clears that up :D ty Ascari

:duel:

[HOT] I sent them an enquiry e-mail on sunday, got a response in about 3 hours, then i sent an order e-mail on monday and didn't get an e-mail back, so i gave them a call today, they said tey had processed the order and were shipping it on friday and they onl read the e-mail and didn't reply because they were out of stte doing some promo work...

But i am v confident in them :)

I got the Lightec Viper Defender for $225 + $35 Shipping, which comes out to about £180 :) I got them to choose me a blade color as i couldn't make my mind up!!! So get a lighte, get down to england, and i'll duel ya! lol

Anyone else ordered lightec yet? C'mon guys, stop being so tight!! lol :o)

Archived