Home

Most Annoying Enemies.....All Games

Wolfsburg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in baldurs gate tales of the sword coast at the base of durlags tower castle, you had to fight a mirror of yourself. that was kind of hard.....you could not use your most powerful weapon cause your mirror would also. probably on of the top three most annoying battles in the baldur's gate series.

1) Fetishs and Oblivion Knights in Diablo II

2) Mind Flayers in BG II

3) The :swear::evil5: Rodian disruptor wh0res in JK2

4) Desann (the first time you fight him heheheh, silly me)

5) All of the main bosses in Diablo II after installing LoD, they were much tougher and literally didn't drop anything worthwhile

I agree wholeheartedly with a bunch of those mentioned so far (Rodians going from "the guy with the pistol standing next to Arsenio Hall in 'Harlem Nights'" to "the guy who stands a 1/2 mile away and knock the wings of a fly" is REALLY high on the list), but there's an omission from MoTS that surprises me.

I KNOW I'm not the only one that absolutely detested the vornskr from MoTS. They were ridiculously fast, could take you from full health to dead in three hits or less and immune to almost all force powers. I spent more time dying, setting up situations to hit them with, and - more than anything else - hitting them once then running away for five minutes only to do it again than any other villan in gaming.

1. Large groups of "Barons of Hell"/Doom

2. Cacodemons, in swarms/Doom

3. Stupid Enemies that don't have any AI, just pathetic little directional scripts and no teamwork or common sense/MoHAA, RtCW, Delta-Force1\2\3, Episode 1, C&C Renegade(worst single player game since delta-force), and every other game on this god forsaken planet besides Half-Life, the best game

AND I HATE GAMES WITH 126.gif

Shadow Slayers from the final battle with Melissan in The Throne of Bhaal, BG2.

They made things facking impossible. Vorpal hit each time? Your dead parties members become one? 90 attacks per round?

WTF?

They made Melissan almost impossible. Demogorgon isn't so bad if you have a big party, but trying to solo him is really really hard.

BG was a hard game now that I think about it...

1.any enemy that charges at you and is very low to the ground.

2.the dumbass grans they didn't usally kill me but their stupidty in using grenades knew no bounds.

3. Any boss where you have to use this trap over here that just happens to be near by and not your guns GOD i hate those.

The snipers weren't a probelm for me years of CS And other FPS all spent from behind a 10 power scope have made me a VERY good sniper they where meat for me.

1. Those brown Imp bastards from Doom. Taste my shotgun vengeance!

2. The monkeys from System Shock 2. The fear when a monkey call reverbed around a dark cargo chamber, as you fired randomly and screamed..... Jesus, that game really did F*** me up!

3. HalfLife 'Treemen'. The zombie scientists.....

4. The red elephants from Little Big Adventure. (Called Relentless in the US, as apparently the concept of a 'Little Big Adventure' would cause peoples brains to shut down. You crazy Yanks :) )

5. Vornsks from MOTS. If those wern't the deadliest killing machine devised then I don't know what is.... Anyone have any terror stories about them? I have many!

My least favorite enemies would have to be:

JK: Those big fish. I hate fish IRL, so I made a special anti-fish hack for SP. Fish are scary to me.

In the symbols section, I defined the Fish model, and in the pulse, which was set at 0.0001, it had "Searching for fish...". When it found a fish, anywhere in the level, it'd pause for a minute and say "Fish destroyed." It would print "All fish eradicated from SP" when it did that.

I searched for all things in the level with it, and it checked their models. If it had the fish model, BOOM - setthingflags(fish, 0x2); destroything(fish); damagething(fish, 999e999, 0xFADE); and some other stuff. It was neat.

MotS: The wolf things in that catacomb level where you're searching for kyle. I HATED that level. It was CREEPY. Those wolf things were ugly and bitey, and they attacked really fast and hard. I turned on fly, and when I flew up to the ceiling, it jumped *ALL* the way up and bit my ass dead. *shudder*

Also, that one spot where the gorillas with knives attacked you out of the blue, after killing Evil Mara. That made me scream out loud.

JK AI: "Please, don't hurt me." Little bastards, I wasn't planning on hurting you untill you made me think of it.

Oni: Muro. That jackass won't stop breakdancing, and it keeps knocking me down! Almost every move is a special move too.

I always morph into a Black Ops Swat Trooper and kick his ass.

:D

I read this thread, and agree mostly, then it dawned on me, what my most hated enemy is.

The Vorskers from Mysteries of the Sith!!! Oh my god they were a bitch!! I always had to cheat once I got to the catacombs. I have tried every force power setup, and nothing works. The only time I ever killed one, was a combo, of destruction, saber throw and a lucky saber swing, which almost never worked. They also scared the hell outta me too, with that growl, and that poucing roar they made. BTW does anyone out there know a good strategy for them? Jeez they sucked.

I also hate those little JKII mine snarks. They also sucked.

Tactics.. hmmm. Well there's the running away screaming method...

Remember the big room with the huge pit with ledges and doors around it at mid level? I was being chased by a Vornsk (Its growling and hissing scaring the sh*t out of me) ran out of a corridor and on to a ledge. Panicing I sidestepped, just as the Vornsk catapulted itself at me. Imagine my joy as it sailed past and into the void. Imagine my horror however as his Vornsks friends ambush me as I'm in the middle of my touch up shuffle. Needless to say, they then proceeded to tear me into little chunks.

Aa for sabering the gits, its hard. Bloody hard. A hard swing while circling them is pretty efficient, a destruction in the face, then run.

Yes, discretion is the better part of valour in those cases....

But I love 'em really!

XxWinnaRxX I know your fear. Not in RL but those bloody Octopus things..... ergghh. Knocking evil Mara in a pool with one of those things in it was always good fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so the little facehuggers were annoying in JKII but they were in STV: Elite Force to and there were more of them and they were way more annoying.

And am i the only one that absolutely hated the end boss of EF? like WTF is That?!!??!?!?! Atleast give the mofo a health meter. and also the pumpkin head guys and the guys with bombs for heads in Serious Sam 2

Like so many others, the Rodian Snipers (of course). Now I know why Greedo missed: He was actually aiming at a fly on the wall, and he nailed that sucker right between the eyes.

Here's one that hasn't been mentioned yet, the kamekaze frogs from Thief. Small, fast, very damaging. This in a game where you're not suited for fighting anyway.

Also, the lopers from RtCW (the legless experiments). Those things kicked my ass consistently, and quite a bit more than Heinrich ever did (anyone else think he was a serious wimp?).

Those guys that run around in Jedi Outcast multiplayer constantly saying...

"But...but you have to take <insert any damn move here> out in the next patch because all these <insert any damn move here> whores do nothing but spam <insert any damn move here>!!!

Seriously, though, the damn Medusa heads from any Castlevania game. Easy to kill, but those mother******* always seem to be right under you when you hop from ledge to ledge...

ya those lopers were hard. i guess now that i think about it, they were a little harder than heinrich, but heinrich was annoying when he would hit the ground and suck you in towards him and then rocks would fall from the sky.

Archived