Home

Most Annoying Enemies.....All Games

Wolfsburg

-Xan on the hardest setting on UT.

There is a trick to beating him. Since he is so much faster than

you you have to stay in the tunnel and beat him to the shield

and invisible power ups.

-The fish on all the Super Mario games.

Don't you just hate those annoying things.

-The final frog boss on Super Mario 2

-The final boss on Rygar for Nintendo

As you can see I am a real old timer when it comes to gaming.

-Snipers in JK2

Who doesn't hate them?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may be a little old skool - but...

1. Bleebs in Wizardry I. You would meet three groups of them containing about fifteen bleebs and most rounds instead of attacking, each bleeb would "Call for help", which usually added another bleeb that you had to kill...those fights could go on for hours.

2. Large groups of zombies in Pool of Radiance 2. I could literally go and make dinner while those bastards all completed thier moves.

3. Umber Hulks in Icewind Dale. Usually make half the party confused and this could result in your best fighter with all his insane powerups beating on your own party. In fact, any game where you have to face your own characters is pretty scary...also Belihefit at the end of that game was pretty hard to bring down. And in Trials of the Luremaster - spectral heroes - they take forever to kill.

4. Snipers (particularly Rodians/MOHAA "Snipers Last Stand", and in multiplayer - of course!).

5. I found the lopers and fire zombies in RTCW quite annoying.

Regards,

DK

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by SPY_jmr1

this is what that POS stun baton is for.... anti mine monster. just crouch and hold down fire.

you dont have to fire one round in the mines... or get bitten once.:D

oh yeah hated baddie.... have to go with the rodian snipers in jkii.

damn there a pain in the ass..;)

grans are sab throw fodder:D

I tackled the things with a Stun Baton too. And Rodian snipers are sooo easy! Just jump up to them and shoot 'em down with a repeater. I always saw them. And when they shot me, I just put on force speed and moved out of the way. My most hated enemy? Luke. Whenever I did something like backstab him he had to go charging at me. My reflexes are quick, but the Rodian snipers, for god's sake! They are so easy! I never died once. Which is harder Padawan mode or Jedi Master? I use Jedi Master.

Being a Padawan? Not in your dreams! No wonder you find it so hard.:p But I haven't tried Padawan. Well, back to the subject, my most hated enemy who kills you from the start, is the grans that throw thermal detonators. They are just plain annoying. Making me do a double flip just to get away from one blast! They should make the Grans easier to kill and the Rodians harder.

Wow lots of great picks here from the Medusa Heads of Castlevania (not scary but a bitch to kill at times), as a matter of fact it seems a lot of you guys really hate small annoying gnat like monsters that move fast and are small so are really hard to slay. I to loathe these monsters. From the swarm like Stygian Dolls of Act 3 in Diablo 2, to the Birds in Resident Evil, or the little alien dudes from Half Life. I gotta admit the Cyberdemon in Doom 2 (omfg really scary and a hell of a rush), is the best pick so far though, I can still remember the blood pumping through my cranium, and my wrists pulsing and pounding from the adrenaline, go go strafe the rocket!!!!! OMFG AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!! :eek:. heh, good times. :cool:

Well I'll put up my list which is as follows:

1. That pain in the ass Phazon Elite Space Pirate in Metroid Prime omfg what a bizitch ass he was. Also fighting the Elite Ridley in this game was a problem to. Samus doesn't strafe quickley enough. :mad:

2. Those Spider Mind Queen things from Doom2 (or any Doom game) as well. 2nd only to Cyberdemons in lethalness. Damn chain guns. :( Only way I could beat them is to rocket launch em from afar and duck behind a wall rapidly after launching only one missile. Because trying to shoot a small volley would = lethal deathage/overkill.

3. Ruby and Emerald Weapon from Final Fantasy 7 - Jesus I know they were a side quest but I had to fight these bastards. What a tough fight. Pretty easy once you get the right strategy but still a rush nonetheless.

4. Using a Bowmancer in the not so secret cow level in Diablo 2. Yes I made a really cool and effective varient called a 'bowmancer.' A Necromancer which specializes in using bows and xbows. He doe's very well, but when I'm in the cow level you have to be very precise with your curses and minions or else it could be certain death. Good rush because you have to get all your hotkeyed curses right one mess up could be devastating.

5. Fighting Kraid or Ridley in Super Metroid for the SNES. Good times.

6. Those damn Lickers from any Resident Evil game. The dogs are pretty bad too. Specifically the Lickers from Resident Evil 2. Leon owns btw. ;)

7. Lady Yunalesca, and the one battle with Seymour Guado in FFX. Pretty intense fights, not scary just intense.

8. Some battles in FFVIII were a prob specially vs Cerberus what a pain in the ass. Miss some GF's = yer screwed the rest of the game.

9. Back when I was a young pup I used to be terrified of the first Boss you fight in the first Castlevania for NES the big black bat. Man he was scary. Probably cuz he was fast, and Simon was as slow and unresponse as the NES controller oh and plus I sucked at the game lol (gimme a break I was like 6 or 7).

10. Some fights in Castlevania SoTN. A lot of the bosses in that game require great items and great strats in order to defeat the bosses. Lord of the Flies aka Beelzebub = Biotchass.

That's just a little summary/taste of the gaming scaredom cornecopia i've encountered over the years. I think I could remember some more and I might post some but these were the first that came to mind.

P.S. I heard from a lot of ppl that Alien vs Predator was a hella scary game. Oh and the final boss in Duke Nukem was one guy I didn't wanna fight. Reminded me of CyberDemons from any Doom game.

• 2 months later...

My most annoying enemies;

Omega Pirate boss from Metroid Prime. Man, that thing was possibly THE hardest boss I have ever played. (haven't gotten to Meta Ridley yet) When I finally beat him, I only had five health left or something to that extent.

Dianogas from Dark Forces. I played a three-level demo of the game at a friend's house, (my only experience playing the game) and when I went into the sewers and saw those evil creatures, I was like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! KILL IT!!!! KILL IT!!! KILL IT!!!" Even when I killed them, I freaked out whenever the body would suddenly appear right in front of me. (come to think of it, I hate practically every creature from the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series. Kell Dragons, Mailocs...*shudder* Heck, I don't even like the mine monsters, voracious little devils. Maybe it's a good thing I don't have MOtS. Those Vornskyers sound like they would give me a heart attack!)

The Crystal King from Paper Mario. Dunno why, but that guy was sooooooooooooooooooooo annoying to fight.

The Homing Spider droids from The Clone Wars. Those things simply cannot miss once they're in range. Nothing seems to shake their aim.

That's about all the ones I can think of right now. I'll probably think of some more, though. (Yes, no Rodian snipers.)

i'd have to say that the scariest things weren't the bosses...they were the entire campaign/games that follow:

Marine campaign in Aliens vs Predator 2. jesus i had only seen a pred from a long ways away and 2 minutes in i almost pissed my pants from pipes exploding out of the walls. i mean that ****ing campaign is ****ing TERRIFYING!

the entire game of System Shock 2. need i say more?

Most annoying enemies?

Top of the list would be any enemies that simply spawn into a room behind you that you just checked was clear... SOF2 suffered a lot from the problem of spawning enemies - you'd check an area with binoculars from a little way away...and then just as you're approaching the area, you can physically see shadows of enemies pop into existence as you walk up, and then they're coming at you from all sides. :mad:

Second on the list would be enemies who can hit you and strip you down to half-health with a single shot no matter how fast you're moving - dead shots. Some of the bots in UT fall into that class...but at least you can adjust those in the UI. When they appear in SP games, they are really annoying.

I agree about the 'mine crabs' in Jedi Outcast. They were pretty annoying.

I also disliked the end bosses in Return to Castly Wolfenstein, Elite Force, Half-Life, Quake, and some others.

*shudders* ugh, i especially hated it when at first they only gave you a crowbar to kill em with, and you had to have some timing to swing at them like a baseball and bat, but when they actually gave you a pistol to kill em, they gave you a limited amount of ammo and i would ALWAYS jump when the jumped at me, so i would miss them and waste even more ammo.

*Shudders* ugh.

Diablo - Undead Stygian Dolls, those 3 council members in DoH facing meph ( I used to do meph runs all the time until I quitted, oblivion knights, minions of destruction, those lil tentacles when facing baal, MSLE pindle, I used to MF in pindle all the time, bugged people, PK'ers who come into your game and kill innocent people, Lord De Seis that guy pissed me off so much especially when I was being rushed, LE cow king -- usually when I leeched in HCows these lvl 80+ would bring the cow king to the TP and leave him there.

UT - Loque, Luther, SNIPERS!!

JK - : / I'd have to say Cranky, stupid, admins. I play 1.03... Or used to I should say. 1.04 to me is just so flukey.

Archived