Home

Say what you will about LucasArts' lack of adventures...

elTee

Yes, I know we all hate it that all the LEC games at the moment are Star Wars based, but I gotta say: I love Rogue Squadron II! I bought my gamecube today, and bloody 'ell. This game is incredible. Buy it now.

first of all.. lucas arts didnt make that game, Factor 5 did. and secondly.. i dont like those kinds of games, i prefer adventures. and even if i did like those kind of games, i wouldn't like that one since its really short, and has mayor framelosses on several places (yes, i have played it).

Lucas Arts should stick to adventures instead of trying to milk every penny out of the starwars concept. toys, clothes, new horrible movies, games, yada yada.

// A_Lee_N

Yep, I remember talk about Lucas selling LucasArts to get money for 'a Star Wars prequel' (TPM). I think the Shadows Of The Empire line (games, comics, action figures etc.) prevented that.

Can someone confirm?

Ok, so if the game is by Factor 5 (I know that they made it, I'm not arguing with you), and various other companies are making the other LEC Star Wars games, then why does everyone in this forum go mad at LucasArts? LucasArts worked with Factor 5, they didn't just phone them up and say 'make us a game'. It isn't 'really short', it just isn't really long. The gameplay makes it last long, and to complete it all the way through with gold medals is not easy. Frameloss? Where??! I haven't seen any. I was too busy watching the X-Wing's reflection in the water before 13 Tie Fighters appeared, and people started asking me for orders. Then I had to take out the AT-AT's Hoth-Style, with the slight difference of them walking up onto a beach. It is a brilliant game, and you are wrong.

lucastones: well.. im not gonna argue with you, but i still dont like the game. but then again.. i dont like the genre at all. and yes there IS frameloss.. a person with an eye for this will notice.

but if you wanna read about the development of Rouge Leader you shoul check this url:

http://www.gamasutra.com/gdc2002/features/chen/chen_01.htm

....you have to register first.. but its free.

swediot: a sequel to sam n max is confirmed.. but LEC wont make the game, a company named infinite machine will. and as far as i understand it wont be for pc.. just nexgen consoles (ps2, xbox, gamecube). check this url:

http://www.infinite-machine.com

// A_Lee_N

Archived