Home

Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb

Originally posted by telarium

What do you guys think about this game?

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/indiana/

Looks like it has a lot of promise to me. Plus the use of improvised weapons like table legs and chairs seems very cool and amusing. And best of all... it's for the PC too! I can't wait to check this one out, personally.

Well, let me tell ya....

I'm hoping for the best. I'm sure everyone will agree that with the XBox missing out on a Lara Croft title the platform really needs a good atmospheric 3rd person title to fill the void.

Unfortunately, LucasArts only did an AVERAGE job with their last Indiana titles. The INFERNO MACHINE suffered from very sluggish controls and an unforgiving camera. Indiana's moves always felt delayed.

Personally, I own the title but I've never felt the desire to get even half way through it. Hopefully the control/gameplay will make a huge leap over what has come before.

Don't believe me?

Take a look at these reviews of INDIANA JONES and the INFERNO MACHINE

Seriously, I want this title to really shine on the XBox and PC, but if LucasArts can't fine tune the controls to a point where the gameplay is at LEAST as good as Tomb Raider this title won't get my money.

I love the Indie character and he deserves a top notch game. I just hope they deliver.

This review sums up my impression perfectly.

My fingers are crossed.:(

The pictures show every sign of being a PS2 screen capture. The resolution and anti aliasing(or lack of).

I'm going for the PC version and the PS2 of RTX. PS2 is the only console I've invested in and everything else is secondary.

PC and PS2 combined will get 99% of all the games out there.

Sascha

Unfortunately, LucasArts only did an AVERAGE job with their last Indiana titles. The INFERNO MACHINE suffered from very sluggish controls and an unforgiving camera. Indiana's moves always felt delayed.

First of all, it was Infernal Machine(I know, nitpicking ;) ), and secondly, while controls and animations could have needed some tweaking as you requested, overally it was quite good in variety of locations and controllable vehicles and took the modified Jedi Knight engine much further(of course at the time reviewers were constantly nagging about graphics :rolleyes: ) than MotS did.

Now, about this new Indy. Because LEC is doing it in conjuction with the Collective and use their 3D engine, I'm quite sure developers will take care that already mentioned problems from EARLIER game won't trasfer into this new one. So far, graphics are at least a giant leap forward, but is someone else also confused about 10 levels? Hopefully, they will then be twice as big as the levels in JK2, so we can play for hours. :D

Originally posted by sascha23

The pictures show every sign of being a PS2 screen capture. The resolution and anti aliasing(or lack of).

I just read over at GameSpot that the shots were from the Xbox version actually. This leads me - and GameSpot too judging by the article - that the could end up looking slightly worse on the PS2, at the same time as the PC version could look similar depending on your video card. Max Payne all over again, basically.

Originally posted by Lord_FinnSon

First of all, it was Infernal Machine(I know, nitpicking ;) ), and secondly, while controls and animations could have needed some tweaking as you requested, overally it was quite good in variety of locations and controllable vehicles and took the modified Jedi Knight engine much further(of course at the time reviewers were constantly nagging about graphics :rolleyes: ) than MotS did.

Now, about this new Indy. Because LEC is doing it in conjuction with the Collective and use their 3D engine, I'm quite sure developers will take care that already mentioned problems from EARLIER game won't trasfer into this new one. :D

I just read that today. I actually liked the DEEP SPACE NINE game so maybe my concern was unwarranted.:D

I hope for the best.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this (PC) title myself, though I hope it won't really be a 'Tomb Raider' Clone like Infernal Machine was. Controls and the overall feel are ways too unprecise/'stiff' (does this even make sense in english?) on both of them (Indy5: I. M. & Tomb Raider).

Though, judgeing from the small Trailer, I'd really say this one will be much better than Infernal Machine and the weapons (or lack of!) promise to be very indy like (jay! Whip and fists all the way! *g*)

I'm just sad that this didn't turn out to be a REAL adventure. Some nice fate of atlantis sequel really would have cought some attention!

Yeah, I know about the Full Throttle 2 rumors (FT1 was GREAT, just too short), but after Monkey4 I think the time of great LA adventures is absolutely over. Grim Fandango was great, because it was different, but within the Monkey Theme, the 3D/render/gamepad LucasArts, and (console) gamers (???) seem to like so much, was plainly wrong. Same would be true for FT2, DOTT2, or whatever.

So it's up to LucasArts to prove me wrong and make a real great SCUMM ("look, a three-headed monkey!") adventure game (make it 2D + FT1/CMI like Cursor Interface)

errr, anyways. some great games to look forward to (even as a PC gamer)

Archived