Home

Indy 6 not for GameCube??!!!

Hi,

it is great that LucasArts make Indiana Jones 6. It's not so good, that there isn't a GameCube version in my opinion.

What do you think about this?

I haven't got a XBox or PS2 and my PC is to old for this... I think ;)

Sorry for this english, but i can't it better... :rolleyes:

phil22

You really think it's LucasArts being angry? Considering Factor 5 worked directly with Nintendo to develop the audio hardware of the Gamecube you'd think Factor 5 and Nintendo were pretty tight, and F5 wasnt looking to heavily into shopping their game around.

Just a guess, though.

I wouldn't worry about that too much as of yet. Just think of what Infernal Machine went through. At first they said it was going to be ported over to Playstation. That, obviously, didn't happen. Then, Factor 5 came along, picked up the title and made a conversion for the Nintendo 64. Similar things might happen to this one as well.

Anyway, has anyone seen the new screenshots of The Collective's Buffy game? Just compare the graphics of both titles... I think Indy isn't even half as true to the original franchise as Buffy is. It just doesn't look like there's as much effort in the new Indy game as there is in Buffy.

I think porting Indy to GameCube would ask much more work(learning how to program for totally new system), but because The Collective has already made Buffy for X-Box(and will be using exactly same 3D engine for Indy in addition to new camera and fight system), they know the console quite well AND because it doesn't differ too much from PC(DS9: The Fallen), it must have been quite obvious decision. Also, they earlier made Men In Black for Playstation, so porting Indy to PS2 isn't too complicating either.

Purely from LEC's point of view, they already ported Infernal Machine(with help of Factor 5) to Nintendo 64(read Nintendo gamers) AND will publish other games like RTX and Gladius for GameCube, so I think they only try to be equal; just like someone already mentioned, Playstation gamers didn't get their port of Infernal Machine, so now Emperor's Tomb will be coming to PS2.

Before you start spreading the "it is more difficult to develop for your console, it is much simpler to develop for my console" enthusiasm, please consider that they're hiring.

Why isn't it being developed for Gamecube (yet)? Because they don't have the manpower (yet).

To me it seems major development is only two months old or younger, since it says "POSITIONS AVAILABLE AS OF 03/22/02". It looks like they're branching out a whole new development team.

Originally posted by Rogue15

i know that lec is being evil to nintendo for making them sign a agreement for rogue leader to be exclusive.

Get over it g!!! BWHAHAHAHAH!!! only GC owners can have it!!! live with it

Archived