Home

Star Wars Trivia version 1.1

181st Imperial Fighter Group.

Wedg's sister was Fell's wife.

Jagged - who becomes a great fighter pilot in his own right and appears in the New Jedi Order books.

I don't think I will get to match Wraith 8's history on the squadron.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhm .. first.. answer the question. :D

second.. well the F1 race was boring as hell. nothing happened where we sat.

wel friday.. there were people spinning and going of circuit right in front of us..

well the porche super cup was pretty exciting.. a lot happened... but forumla 1 was.. realy boring.. oh well. at least schumacher didnt win :D

Ok, here's this weeks score, and a big welcome to Wraith 8 who takes his first steps up the rankings this week today after many moons spent asking the questions... and a flying start it is at that!

1st Wraith 8 - 6 points + 3 bonus points (though he misspelt Jaged Fel's name...)

2nd Jan Gaarni - 4 points

3rd MikeC - 3 points

4th Setsuko - 2 points

5th Darth Evad - 1 point

That takes us to the rankings...

1st. Setsuko 68.7 points

2nd Jan Gaarni 66.4 points

3rd. MikeC 46.9 points

4th. RoyalGuard 46 points

5th. Darth Evad 45 points

6th. Com Raven 22 points

7th. Dash Rendar1 10 points

8th. Wraith 8 9 points

9th Koffin 8 points

10th Darth Simpson 6 points

11th. Rogue15 5 points

Gaalgoth 5 points

12thJman3ooo 1 point

So setsuko maintains her lead just, things are getting close at the top...

Equally the race is on for 3rd place, with my frozen score beginning its inexorable slide down the rankings...

and breathing down everyone's neck comes Wraith 8...

and so to the next question, the fairly challenging QUESTION 18:

In ROTJ you see Palpatine consulting with two purple/blue robed figures. On what subject do these advisors, well, advise Palpatine?

1 Bonus Point - any history or background information on these guys.

well I realy don't know for certain, but are they his inqusitors? :confused:

the inquisitors are in charge of finding any force sensitives and either convinsing them to become the empire's dark jedi or killing them. if they accept they are taken to the throne world of Byss (sp?).

one more thing, yalsimari are from myrkr where Talon Karrde set up the base for his organization

Inner Circle. They are ministers and governors.

This is wild, but is one of them Sate Pestage? They both kind of look like him.

Sate Pestage was Palpatine's longest supporter, yup, he was in league with Palpy long before Vader. He was with Palpatine when Palpatine was still a Senator from Naboo. And he was with Palpatine when Palpatine was cloned at Byss. Pestage was an advisor to Palpatine on Naboo, and he covered up the illegal activites of him. He controlled Palapatine's agenda when he was President of the Republic. When the Emperor became ummm...the Emperor, Pestage was named Grand Viszer. He managed Palpatine's schedual, and even tasted his food for poison. For his services, Palpoatine gave him the Ciutric Hegemony. Pestage, by Hoth, actually was running the Empire. Palpatine was too busy with his dark side studies. After Endor, Isard believed that Sate shouldn't be ruler. She played him against the Interim Ruling Council, and he was eventually arrested and had his neck snapped by Delak Krennel. Shockingly, he reappeared as a clone on Byss (or his clone was the one actually killed) He stood by the cloned Emperor, but he died when the Galaxy Gun destroyed Byss.

I hope this gets me credit....

I believe you are correct, Dash. One of them are Sate Pestage.

I wanted to post it, but I had forgotten his name. :rolleyes:

Had to wait for someone to post the name, but Dahs did more than that. :D

It's the Inner Circle. It consist of Ministers and Governors.

As Dash said, Pestage was appointed the Grand Vizier title shortly after he declared himself emperor. This is a high position. He oversees the myriad departments, byreaus, and offices, aswell as acting as the personal assistance to the Emperor. He pretty much ran the Empire.

There is no other positions higher than Grand Vizier. Noone speaks with the Emperor without first going thru him. The only known exception (aside from Vader) is the Imperator. This is an even higher (altough so faint that they are considered equal) position and he has full control over the resources of the Empire. He does not have to ask the Grand Vizier for anything, only the Emperor.

He even has the ability to select the next emperor should it come to that.

The same goes the other way around, the Grand Vizier does not have to ask the Imperator for anything, only the Emperor.

Originally posted by Gaalgoth

not answering a question, just pointing out that wraith's score is wrong...6 plus 3 is 9, not 8............

wow..... thanks man :D

uhmm to answer the question.. i dont know it.,.. (what.. wraith doesnt know it?) yes.. i do not know the answer to this question so i.. will just cut and paste:

It's the Inner Circle. It consist of Ministers and Governors.

:( sorry :(

Answer: His Inner Circle and ministers, while accurate enough for the marks is not the whole answer.

The two Gentlemen you see on screemn are Prophets of the Dark Side. In the scene where they are dismissed by the Emperor, the older man Kadann has just advised the Emperor that the time of the prophecy is nigh, and that balance will be restored to the Force. The Emperor laughed at him.

This is a revision of the roles for these characters for ROTJ to more accurately tie-in with the prequels. Before this revision, the older man was indeed meant to represent Sate Pestage...

Well, good background knowledge by Dash and Jan and a first answer by Evad as opposed to the usual (i.e. Setsuko :D ) changes things considerably...

1st Darth Evad 6 points

2nd DashRendar1 4+1 =5 points

3rd Jan Gaarni 3+1 = 4 points

4th Wraith 8 2 points

5th MikeC 1 point

and a bonus point to Gaalgoth for spotting my maths error...

That changes the rankings to:

1st. Jan Gaarni 70.4 points

2nd Setsuko 68.7 points

3rd. Darth Evad 51 points

4th. MikeC 47.9 points

5th. RoyalGuard 46 points

6th. Com Raven 22 points

7th. Dash Rendar1 15 points

8th. Wraith 8 11 points

9th Koffin 8 points

10th Darth Simpson 6 points, Gaalgoth 6 points

11th. Rogue15 5 points

12thJman3ooo 1 point

So Jan retakes the lead, Darth Evad gets a huge boost and wraith 8 and Dash begin a tussle at the back...

So to the next question, which is a fairly easy one I'm sure you'll be glad to hear...

Question 19:

What was the name of the Admiral who so fatally displeased Vader in ESB?

1 bonus point - background on him, his service record etc...

1 bonus point - first person to quote what Vader says right before killing him.

He says one of his best lines in the movie before that:

VADER: (angrily) The Rebels are alerted to our presence. Admiral Ozzel came out of light-speed too close to the system.

VEERS: He felt surprise was wiser...

VADER: He is as clumsy as he is stupid (Ooooh! -sets) . General, prepare your troops for a surface attack.

VEERS: Yes, my lord.

OZZEL: Lord Vader, the fleet has moved out of light-speed, and we're preparing to...Aaagh!

VADER: You have failed me for the last time, Admiral. Captain Piett.

PIETT: Yes, my lord.

VADER: Make ready to land out troops beyond the energy shield and deploy the fleet so that nothing gets off that system. You are in command now, Admiral Piett.

PIETT: Thank you, Lord Vader.

Well, out of memory I cannot remember his full name, but it is Admiral Ozzel. :D

And just before he croaks, Vader says: "You are in command now, Admiral Piett!"

And don't even try to tell me I'm wrong. That IS what he says before Ozzel dies. :D

Anyway, I'm glad to see people are missing me. *looks in his thread* :( Guess not.

:D

Archived