Home

WIP: Count Dooku model (with cape ;) )

Luuke

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty much the angle I took the screenshot at that makes his hand look enormous. In game it looks normal size, and fits the saber nicely ;)

I'm going try and hammer out the clipping problems tonight. Got three things I have to do tonight, fix Dooku's weights, get some flats (Trebor) out to PIo Koon, and change Palps head a little bit. I'll try and have a polished glm out to you Garik tonight or tommorow :D

edit: I didnt see your post before I wrote this Kman. I have the shoulders of the cape weighted as closely to the area they covered up as possible so they move together (clavical/humerous. I used the tibia for the area right around the neck, then alternat, then follow the upper/lower lumbars and the pelvis for the rest. The bottem of the robe is weighted to the pelvis, but I very lightly weighted the bottem of the robe to the tibias. If I don't do it that way the legs clip through a bit too much. I'll see what I can do though :)

CT :lightning

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com

Excellent!

This looks to be a great addition for the Sith!

I'm glad you guys got help from someone to get this model in game. (Way to go Toonces!)

It looks great. I think the likeness looks even better in these in-game screenies.

Can't wait :D

This is great, because it looks like we'll have some very important characters represented extremely well, thanks to all you guys, along with SithlordII for Vader, Cheshire for Maul, and Toonces for The Emperor!

Way to go!

Thank you!!

-nomad

MTFBWY

ok, quick update: i'm doing the ctf colored skins right now.

i hope that Toonces makes some progress correcting the clipping problems (i don't want to rush you). Garik has finished the bot-scripts and has all sounds together. with a little luck a release is not too far away... we will see.

Originally posted by Luuke

Garik has finished the bot-scripts and has all sounds together.

Nope. I didn't do the botz scripts, but Grafox and Toonces did, and I don't have all the sounds, just the taunts.

Originally posted by LOUman

but the face needs some changes

Changing the face, that's a good idea. Maybe I'll give Dooku a funny red nose. :D

What's the shader entry for the cape you have Garik? I'm using Q3 commands, and I think that may be part of the problem.

This is what I have:

models\players\gl_dooku\dooku_cape

{

{

map models/players/gl_dooku/dooku_cape.tga

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

alphaFunc LT128 Is this what you have?

}

}

I am so familiar with the q3 shaders that I'm unaware of the change between the other games.

Also, I modified the pk3. There were 3 identical head skins and others so I deleted them and re-linked the skin files. There is no need to have duplicates for the team skins when there is no change.

lovin' it, it all looks great, good job on the skin Kman.

about my dooku saber Luuke or Garik Loran, whoever sees this first, it dosnt quite fit in the hands of player models well, i dont know if Toonces is going to fix that or what, i also gave it to Chrono, he said he would fix it awhile back, so he is also fixing it, so whoever does it contact me and tell me, i couldn't do it myself, that is the first saber hilt i have made for jk2.

here is my email ebrey@charter.net

Great job!

Dooku definitely has a presence about him that needed the cape in order to feel right in JK2.

Thank you so much for the work that all of you have put in.

Curious, what is your final decision on Dooku's taunt? Were you able to get any, and all, of the lines that you desired?

-nomad

MTFBWY

For some reason, the outside cape seemed to be to red, seeing as how it was black in every part of the movie... Well, as you can tell from my previous posts, i've been re-working screenshots to how I thought they should look like...

dooku_3.jpg

But the model and the rest of the skin look a million times better than what I could ever do... 2 thumbs way way up!!!

Andy867

JK2Net File Master

http://www.jediknightii.net

okay, for all of you who wouldn't believe me, here i have a pic that should end the discussion about the color of dooku's cape.

this is one of the few pics where dooku stands in light and not shadow, and you can see clearly the different colors of his black suit and the brown cape!

Count_Dooku&image=swi58-10.jpg&img=&tt=

q.e.d.

Archived