Home

THe life of a merc, in a world of Jedi's

K_Kinnison

been crusing around some Servers. Mainly seeing the top players doing knockdown backstab, or whatever. BOORING

I decided to make it fun.

it started when i went to a Jedi vs Merc server, and saw everyone being a jedi. So i wnet Merc, set up a taunt "Ha ha, a jedi got killed by a Merc" or "I killed a jedi with a bryer, i am a GOd LOL!" and just started having fun.

Strangly, everyone saw how much i was enjoying myself, and more and more people went Merc. now no one was making sure that Jedis go on one side, and mercs go on the otehr, so i did not care when a Jedi decided to tag along with me in a Team FFA. nice having a body guard.

Some things i have learned, really only a few weapons i use.

Disruptor..

my "Pistol" so to speak, my accuracy greatly improves when i go third person. tho i am not all that good using the scope, only when a stupid jedi decides to charge me whielin a long hallway.

Repeater: Mainly use the seconary fire because it is an area effect, and for some reason i allways get hit by those bbs

Merr-Sonn: Again, secondary fire, since Jedi can block the flectettes easily, takes skill to use them, and be wary of Jedi who push the grenaes back at you.

DEMP: My persona fav merc Sniper weapon. BOth modes cannot be blocked, and the secondary fire has a insta hit.. as well as pushing and big area effect. Love using it on Nar shadda streets.

Rocket, for close in work... since Jedi have a hard time dodging exposions.

now what about the bryer? Well i only use it to hit jedi in the back, otherwise if i am out of ammo/guns i use the stunner, and try to see how many times i can tag a jedi with it.

Sentry guns are the MErcs most favorite pal. the jed either have to go after it, or worry about you weapons. best used when you set it up in a crowd.

I mainly do this because of the challange, and the fact that EVERYONE wants to be a jedi. and do knock down backstab.

Now, what about FF servers? no prob. Put that saber away, and have some fun. Force jump, pull and push should be maxed. absorb is also nice (dont lose you weapon)

Last note, After going merc on a Jedi Merc server with mostly Jedi, after 3 games, i think there were more mercs then Jedi :)

Mercs Untie, together we can trip up the world!

What a great idea

I personally love to use the rocket launcher on those jedi freaks, continuously, they can't stand it 'is that all you can do?' , 'fight like a man' they cry, to no avail

Ha Ha

Heavy Artillery rules, I now declare my affinity with the mercs!

"my "Pistol" so to speak, my accuracy greatly improves when i go third person. tho i am not all that good using the scope, only when a stupid jedi decides to charge me whielin a long hallway."

Disruptor shots can be blocked like blaster shots in multiplay. Long hallway or not, if he's not swinging and facing you chances are he'll block your shot.

Nothing much else too add, except trip mines secondary fire > jedi :)

Blank

Glad to hear the support

Well, i for one have killed many a Jedi with the disruptor. in non sniper mode.

Also when they die, i run over to their dead body crouch up and down to show my displeasure

one thing you haveot remember, sithat Jedi need to CLOSE to do anythign to you. This often is great to lead them into traps (Dets or trips) Just be wary of the saber throwing.

Also, on force servers, full jump is a must. And go thrid person... it makesthigns really neat to spin while fin the air and firing. Also, it is very ahrd for Jedis to hit you with their saber while you are in the air.

Today i ran into one of those people taht all he does is kncok down and backstab. And if he never got a 1v1 situation ,he jsut ran. it was so satifying to find his pattern out, and set up a trap of 3 dets in this path.... BOOM guy went clear across the room, hit the cieling, and fell into a pit

and with Absorb on, you dont have to worry about force pull. Screw the Jedi, use a gun

Originally posted by K_Kinnison

Yea, i might not be the top scorer in Team FFA, but i have so much more fun. It is the satifcation of killing backstabbing wonders that makes it so worthwhile. also the challange of outsmarting oppoennts.

yes, outsmarting your opponents is always fun

here is a few laughs

Me: Why do you need to back stab a merc?

Jedi: Becasue i was in danger

Me: LOL!

Me: you have to kill mercs with a back stab? stupid skilless jedi!

"Jedi So-and-so" got tripped by Kinnison

Just to note to Jedi's, if you have to kill a merc with knockdown/backstab, dont play on Jedi-merc servers, we are easy enough to kill allready

Its sort of funny to see Jedi's wasting their time and force power bothering to knock down and backswipe a merc. Has anyone noticed how much more lethal a saber is to someone carrying a gun than someone who carries a saber? Maybe it's just me.

The biggest problem with jedi vs. merc servers is that people don't bother or don't know how to change from a jedi or a merc. Those are not bound to certain teams. You have to go to the player menu and select whether you are a jedi or not. When you're playing, you end up spending half the time telling new people who join how to change that setting. And then there are those who are on the merc team but insist on being a jedi anyway. :mad:

slacker

here is another experaince how Jedi are so much more powerful then Mercs.

I was Camping (yes, i admit it, think of it as a barracading) in the control room looking above the hanger in the Death Star map. Using my DEMP gun to snipe enemies that were going after my buds.

I go out to get some more ammo in the nearby hallway, and see an enemy Jedi barreling down on me, i duck in, set up a sentry, and charge up the DEMP. He comes in, i able able to get a shot off before he pulls it from my hands. While he is defending himself from the sentry gun, i pull out the Flecette, and start filling the room with Grenades (it's a small room) he pulls THAT out of my hand, and both of us start taking damage from the bombs going off, then i switch to the disruptor, and FINALLY i was able to kill him with it after runing around like crazy, and jumping. (jumping is key to protecting yourself)

I was down to about 14 health, but i killed a Jedi after using FOUR differant weapons on him. And they STILL need to knock me down and backstab me?

The whole attraction of JKII to me is the fact that I get to use a lightsaber, however, the Star Wars environment has many many weapons and this Jedi vs Merc thing does make the game more interesting so each to their own!

Jedi Lexx :leia:

I love the E-11, it has the perfect balance of speed and aim to take down jedi. Yesterday i was in Second on a full server (14 people) with jedi vs merc. I WAS A MERC. Another thing, i don't understand why people think the rocket launcher is so cheap, if find it fun to push rockets back at the person who shot them at me and watch them die from their own rocket.

:mob:

Originally posted by MTAIRS

You can pull weapons out of Merc's hand? Im not sure if im reading that correctly.

Yes, Jedi can pull weapons from your hand. I think they need to have 3 points in force pull to do it. What sucks about it is that you can be running away from the Jedi who is doing the force pull and they can still take the weapon from your hands. Basically, the Jedi doesn't have to do much aiming to pull weapons. A Jedi that uses force pull to take your weapons then does the pull+backstab/backslash is virtually invincible against Mercs. Your only hope is to stay completely out of their sight, because if they spot you, then most of them will chase you down for the easy kill.

Nar Shadda Streets is probly one of the better maps for Jedi vs Merc. There is a lot of opportunites for mercs to set up sniper positions, and some Jedi still run around with their saber lit allowing for you to easliy find them. :) also the higher spots are harder to get to. even for Force jumping Jedi

Rockets work great, if they don't know they are coming. since homing rockets can do one shot kills.

DIsruptor, and DEMP are the best sniper weapons

While the Flecette is best for close in stuff.

I love playing with the DEMP on NS_Streets. I'll hide waaaaaay up above the catwalks and pathways, and just use the secondary fire to push people off the ledges. Its best if you catch them in mid jump, I've pushed them to the other side of the chasm that way. ;)

ShockV1.89

Archived