Home

download sam and max

larrin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by SyntheticGerbil

It would still be illegal. Legality isn't a matter of opinion.

The law does state that you are allowed to make a backup of any software you have, and it's legal to download ROMs & Emulators as long as you don't get them from the same website (then the website would be breaking the law) and as long as you own the original game.

Did Sam & Max come out on the Amiga?

Because if it did, you could simply download an emulator and a rom.

And if I have ACTUALLY BOUGHT a game, I think I am entitled to download a copy if the original stops working - I'm not harming Lucas Arts.

I'm not saying piracy is a good thing, but I do think everybody that's complaining about it has double standards, because who hasn't downloaded an mp3 (Even just to preview a CD) or some other file illegally? And if you answer that with a claim that you haven't, then:

a) You are a liar.

b) You are spoiled, you have too much stuff.

c) You are too rich. Donate money to charity or me.

Originally posted by SyntheticGerbil

I didn't say stealing was wrong. But let's remember that Steve does get royalties no doubt for every Sam and Max game bought. If some grimy **** was ripping off my creations I'd be a bit pissed off.

Not if you already have the game.

I bet Steve doesn't really care, because he knows that every game is pirated, and probably has enough money as it is.

If he was a struggling artist, then that would be a valid point, but he's not. And he'll soon make some more money from the new Sam & Max game.

Originally posted by Skinkie

Ok, so I've got him signed up for some new credit cards, a fruit of the month club, and the gay and lesbian alliance using just his address.... any more suggestions?

PR0N

His mummy won't be happy when he get's filthy, hot steaming piles of pr0n shoved through his letterbox!

Originally posted by scabb

Point and Click in 3D?

They'd have to invent a new mouse!

I take it you haven't played that last Gabriel Knight game. I only played the demo, but the whole point and click in 3D thing seemed to work there.

To be honest, though, I share SyntheticGerbil's opinion on the keyboard setup.

The thing is... as long as this small small community has existed. We never seem to get enough of the sob stories about some individuals game messing up and that they need a free copy. I don't believe this guy has the game. Because if he had the game, he could have simply looked in the manual and find out that LucasArts could replace the CD for a lower price than new with the right amount of information supplied. I had to do this with one game and it only cost me five bucks.

But I guess if he can find the game on the internet and he does have a copy, that's great.

And when piracy occurs in any type of media, I guess the person either purchases the product after pirating or doesn't. It was bound to happen either way. As you were saying, true, Mr. Purcell probably isn't starving... but I still wouldn't appreciate such a thing if I were living off of my creativity.

Originally posted by Andrei

I take it you haven't played that last Gabriel Knight game. I only played the demo, but the whole point and click in 3D thing seemed to work there.

That's not really 3D though, you can only move the mouse pointer through 2 dimensions

Think of it this way people, no matter what the graphics look like, the screen is still a 2D environment. You could make point and click games for it still even if they are "3D" Imagine Escape From Monkey Island, only instead of moving Guybrush around with the jeyboard or whatever, they justed slapped a mouse cursor over top of it. It would have worked just as easily as it did in CMI, the style of graphics would have been the only difference.

• 7 months later...

I wouldn't be surprised if Steve didn't actually get royalty money from Hit The Road. I know Tim Schafer went on record at some point saying "go ahead and pirate Monkey Island, we don't see a dime from it anymore!" Sam & Max games might be different since Steve owns the characters, but who knows.

• 2 weeks later...

Umm...I know this isn't the best place to ask about downloads or stuff...but...

Does anybody know where I could find a copy of just the theme song from the cartoon series? It's been stuck in my head all week and it's driving me crazy...(well okay, Sam & Max in general did that, but this is especially annoying :p)

• 3 months later...

Dude, you just ressurrected a live post from a quite dead forum.

***That can't be backwards, because it doesn't work the other way around!!!! BWhahaha.***

You are fuxored (when someone in power actually sees and decides they should care, depending on the time of month)

Why are people still posting here? I gave up looking a long time ago, and I still have a very scratched and unusable CD. I just tried a program to copy the CD to the computer, and it took four hours, and then said the copy was unusable, stupid program.... I did find a site that had it on an FTP, but it was slow beyond what I was ready to stand, I was lucky to get 300 bytes/sec.

Rule #1, in the stuck thread called, oddly enough, Attention all new people and regulars: New rules as of 9-20-02.

"-Don't ask for episodes of the TV show"

You should have enough common sense to know that this means not to talk about piracy of the show. Do it in PMs or AIM or whatever, just not here, because we don't advocate it.

I didn't ask for any episodes of the show, and as for the rule about asking for copies of the game, I already did paid for it, I want to get another one, because I don't want to pay $20, or buy it from some guy on eBay. I don't consider it illegal, since I already have it.

Archived