Home

Ip for the jedi academy?

DarkLord_44

I really want to know what this place is going to teach other people. I disagree with what this place is doing. I think that people should learn their own methods of fighting. They have to develop their own style without anyone telling them what to do. Anyways, I hope they don't raise a new generation of assfighters and the such.

Originally posted by DannyJAllTheWay

I really want to know what this place is going to teach other people. I disagree with what this place is doing. I think that people should learn their own methods of fighting. They have to develop their own style without anyone telling them what to do. Anyways, I hope they don't raise a new generation of assfighters and the such.

DannyJ,

The url to the academy is:

http://academy.jediknightii.net/

They will NOT be teaching ass pirates and if you read what they have on their site you will see that. I also do not see anything wrong with a group of like minded individuals that want to add a bit of rp'ing aspect to this game if they chose to (IE: The Master/trainer to Padawan relationship.)

Once it gets going I am sure it will be lots of fun to those that want to participate. For those that dont, thats cool to as it is not presenting anything negative to this community.

Kaan

The academy map isnt public yet because technically its still a beta. I've been told the final release should be in 2 days. The server's set to auto download, so if you dont mind waiting you can get the map that way, or if you like I can email you the current version of the map. The server's name & password are availible on the servers page after logging into the site. If you need to get the server's IP & dont want to use nslookup or any fancy DNS tools you can simply ping the hostname from a DOS prompt. It shouldn't reply (because ICMP is disabled on that network), but it should translate the hostname to its IP before it starts pinging.

Oh yeah.. we try to avoid teaching spammable moves, but we do teach how to evade them. Believe me, we dont take kindly to our teachers spreading any badness into the community. :)

If you guys have any questions lemme know.

Originally posted by NerfYoda

The roster thing is kinda tricky.. see theres no way to enforce them, so I'm prolly going to change the classes to 1st come 1st serve...

That seems kinda unfair does it not? I think having sign up sheets are a good thing. It lets you know who's coming and how many. There should be a waiting list for classes that are full. Say if you don't make it within 15min after class starts then someone who joined #ja that wanted to attend should be allowed to join the server at that time. Just a thought.

Originally posted by KrazeFan

That seems kinda unfair does it not? I think having sign up sheets are a good thing. It lets you know who's coming and how many. There should be a waiting list for classes that are full. Say if you don't make it within 15min after class starts then someone who joined #ja that wanted to attend should be allowed to join the server at that time. Just a thought.

That's a cool idea. A waiting list would be doable. What I'm trying to avoid is a situation where a bunch of ppl not signed up for the class join the server 15 minutes before class & refuse to leave. The JA staff is having a meeting tomrrow to discuss these kind of situations though. This is the 1st time we've ever done something like this, so there are gonna be a few bumps along the road. Ppl who have attended class & are learning in their spare time seem to appreciate it though. :D

I just signed up. It sounds awesome but i have a question: are u going to limit the number of students allowed in the academy or increase your staff? cuz i just looked at the member list and it was FRICKIN HUGE!!! :confused::eyeraise:

Your friendly Resident Jack A$$:sam:

Archived