Home

Absolute PROOF that storm troopers would be just as well off naked...

Kyth'emos

...compared to their wearing that silly white armor, I was watchinf Return of the Jedi today and I noticed that at least two scout troopers get shot by the ewoks with a bow and arrow and it clearly penatrates the armor and they fall over... :rolleyes: you would think that they would be able to make slightly better armor than that.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Kyth'emos

...compared to their wearing that silly white armor, I was watchinf Return of the Jedi today and I noticed that at least two scout troopers get shot by the ewoks with a bow and arrow and it clearly penatrates the armor and they fall over... :rolleyes: you would think that they would be able to make slightly better armor than that.

The Empire had to cut costs after building a new deathstar. Some of the NOOB stormies got motocross gear instead. LOL, just kidding. :D :D

Originally posted by -=Chi3f=-

The Empire had to cut costs after building a new deathstar. Some of the NOOB stormies got motocross gear instead. LOL, just kidding. :D :D

:rofl:

Actually, those troops werent even part of the empire. They where people dressed for holloween, and they went trick-or-treating in the wrong place.

:D

Aahh yes...Those particular Ewoks were the pride of the tribe. They were marksmen with no equals. They had a strong upper bodys and they laced their arrows with steel tips. They also had their way with the females of the tribe.

:ewok: -bachiitaa*(F**** robinhood)

:ewok: -chiituupa*(Damn straight sucka )

The black stuff isn't the armor part. Arrows can't pierce the white stuff. Neither can bullets. (That's why it's "high impact" armor)

the white armor that stormtroopers wear is really strong against projectile weapons (e.g. arrows, spears, bullets) therefore the ewoks could not have defeated the troops on endor, thus it becomes another messed up thing in star wars.

ok, ok. the only reason I looked at this thread is because 'naked' was in the title:(

Maybe the Ewoks had vibroarrows and posion tipped rocks that would explain how the little beasts beat up an army of elite troopers, Or maybe it was a trap and the emperor replaced the arrmor with foam in order mlet the rebelion win... that or this is a design flaw in lucas' story,

Originally posted by wassup

redwing is right if u look at a ST they have black clothing under their white armor that a ewok arrow can easily penetrate.

no thats not what I am talking about... It Penetarted the armor verus the black body glove.

Originally posted by VIO

Maybe the Ewoks had vibroarrows and posion tipped rocks that would explain how the little beasts beat up an army of elite troopers, Or maybe it was a trap and the emperor replaced the arrmor with foam in order mlet the rebelion win... that or this is a design flaw in lucas' story,

He he he...

I like the poison-tipped rocks theory myself. :D

The Armor is designed to absorb most attacks, but if you remember that blasters can take out troopers without damaging the armor. So then...it is the force of the impact that killed them.

compared to their wearing that silly white armor, I was watchinf Return of the Jedi today and I noticed that at least two scout troopers get shot by the ewoks with a bow and arrow and it clearly penatrates the armor and they fall over... you would think that they would be able to make slightly better armor than that.

I seem to remember a Storm trooper screaming and falling to the ground in extreme pain after being hit on the shoulder by a rock the size of an average fist - and keep in mind, the rock was thrown by an ewok; and i think those stumpy arms dont facilitate throwing overhand very well. Either the guy is just really jumpy, or that armor is dead wieght. Methinks you're right, Kyth'emos.

An arrow is more dangerous than you think, a bullet spins, an arrow doesn't (or rather it does but not at even a quater of the rate of a bullet), did you know an arrow can pierce kevlar with ease? you know why? becuz an arrow has a sharp tip marking it penertrate a VERY small part of surface area while a bullet does surface damage which spreads out on impact.

@Nigel_pk, tell you what, put a bucket over your head and get one of your friends to throw a stone at the bucket and you will know how that stormtrooper felt.

Yes, I think we can agree; from the way it's depicted in the movie, it would've been pretty hard for the Ewoks to kill those Stormtroopers...

But come on, give 'em a break, it was 1982-3, and they were just a bunch of kids and midgets dressed up in teddy bear outfits. Not to mention, how else would Han, Leia, Chewy, and the droids blown up the shield generator???

:ewok: nyum nyum...

:ben::saberb:

Archived