Home

The whole pull and backstab scheme

BlackDove

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by cjais

I did, you're saying that the "better business" is the one who wins, no matter what they do. They could nuke the city of paris if that made them any better, then they'd be on top and you wouldn't care. That is what you're saying. Regardless, this is a moot point really, because I don't consider backstab to be "immoral". I am just stating that your point of view on certain things are quite wicked, and that you'll win no matter the cost and no matter how cheap you'll look in the eyes of the spectators.

That's not the bold part.....

That is not my point. Backstab *is* the better move in this game, and people are abusing it without variying their tactics. It's the best move to pull off, so why not go for it? That is my point.

Good point...sums it up pretty good...

Kal-El, that made no sense at all. Of course it's my guess, care to explain why you disagree?

Originally posted by cjais

My guess is that the tactics and playing style would get more varied and colorful, simply because no other move matches backstab in power. The rest of the moves are fairly well balanced. Take backstab out of the equation and you end up with a fairly well balanced game. -The above question only relates to duels, because the blocking is blatantly hidious in the other gametypes.-

You want me to clarify why I disagree with that?

Sure... I mentioned it before... time is of the essence... you NEED a one hit kill to balance things out...

Kurgan made a very nice point up there... I suggest you read it...

I think i need to be clear. This is an excellent game. Probably the most fun i've had since rogue spear. I don't play quake(or any like it) or have ever wanted to. I think those games lack stategy or decision making. I am probably wrong but thats the impression I get. I got this game because I am a fan of the movies. Maybe that was a poor reason but that's it. I loved Tie Fighter, X-Wing Alliance, Rebel Assult, etc. However i rarely play fps that are not tactical. Currently Swat3 and Ghost Recon top my list. To me this is new so maybe I don't understand the genre. I do however see a way to make saber dueling more enjoyable.(I really don't like long duels just well fought ones)

I think alot of duelist are looking for the same type of duel but get "owned" by someone who should probaly go find people closer to their skill level. It's so bad that the other day i was in a duel room working on my anti-spamming skills against a guy named (no sh*t) "join so i can own you". He was running through us pretty quick when another spammer joined (i think he was scripting too) and whooped his ass. Well wouldn't you know the little f*g left the room. I mean WTF? So anyway now this new guy went about owning the room until everyone quit. That is fun? For who? The punk scripter who is the equivalent of the olympic athlete who takes steriods to gain an edge on superior but honest athletes who spent the time to learn, fail, and learn some more.

See for me it comes down to integrity. scripters lack it. While tey may be having fun it is at someone elses expense. Listen if you fight honorably but spam, fine. If you seek out rooms with weaker opponents so you can own them, I think you have issues. CTF anything goes i guess, i try not to use my saber anyway. If I run out of ammo i just disengage and find more. But dueling is a different arena. Scripts give you an unfair edge and if the only way to level the field is to script then I'd rather not play. I think thats the real issue. The game's success is based on the enjoyment of the majority, not the few "owners" who seak out the noob's just to inflate their ego. If the game is not fun for noob's it won't sell.

This is an excellelent game. I enjoy playing and I will continue to play it. But again if I see a way to improve it, then I will atleast give that idea a voice.

This is the day the noob's (USA) WHOOPED the "owners" (Great Britain)

Happy 4th off July.

I agree with you. Apart from the CTF bit. Alot of skilled saberists do play CTF. And when you get a backslasher who just hopes you dont have absorb chasing you round to try and prove that he is better than you not even bothering with caping or protecting the flag it gets anoying. Just fighting backslashers is an insult to them in my opinion. They arent worth the energy. Cos you know you can kill them but there is a good chance that there fancy spinny dizzy move will touch you slightly and finish you.

Having said that...

I withdraw all my statements made about Ass Fighters and Backslashers.

*sits down and watches the fight*

Originally posted by =SSC=Kal-El

That's not the bold part.....

-----------------------------------

You want me to clarify why I disagree with that?

Sure... I mentioned it before... time is of the essence... you NEED a one hit kill to balance things out...

Kurgan made a very nice point up there... I suggest you read it...

About the bold part, I just found that you had managed to quote a ton of text. Then, you proceeded to answer in *directly* to the other post you quoted that: "He wasn't the better business". I decided to respond to *that* part, since that was your direct response to his.

Time is of the essence, yes, but only so in FFA and CTF, and I *already* stated that. Read what wrote above, my first post in this topic. I mean that time is NOT important in duels, since it doesn't matter how quickly you kill. Above all, it is the quality of the kill, IMHO, because you play solely to gain one kill - make it as impressive as you can because others are watching you and judge based on that sole kill.

FFA and CTF is a completely different breed, and that's why I don't play that sh!t. I couldn't care less about the backstabbing in those gametypes because you simply have to backstab in order to kill quickly. The blocking is annoying and you have to work a way around that. Hell, I also backstab when I play those games (rarely) if that makes you happy and proves my point.

In duel, you may backstab, but if that is all you try to do in that game, then I'm outta here. I can somewhat easily defend myself from it, but it makes for a boring game.

I'll say this again: Playing can be about winning for many people, but dominating others is just wrong. Let everybody have fun, *while* you win.

Archived