Jedi or Merc?

leXX

Jedi or Merc?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Jedi or Merc?

• Jedi
    • Merc
    • Both

I use both: it depends on the situation.

Merc when I'm at long range (snipping, ect.), or when I have a "good gun" (good guns = E-11 Blaster w/ full ammo; Heavy Repeater)

Jedi when I'm at close range, or when it's a good time to use saber throw.

-teutonicknight :saberb:

Family Feuds in the Star Wars Universe:

:duel:

:fett::clone::jango:

:lsduel:

Originally posted by Alexandrus

Jedi all the way if possible, this is why I only play in duel servers. Guns kill ppl and I'd rather do it myself :evil6:

No, really, guns are for those with no saber skills or for those that don't like just saber duels.

and for those who just want to have some fun

its a difference that makes for some fun, and a challenge because the jedi can always pull away your weapon and stop your every attack

That may be, but I just don't like weapons so it's no fun for me. But a Jedi cannot alwasy pull your weapon and stop your attack. As for me, I'd rather play against a Jedi rather than a merc, not that I fear mercs or anything, but I think JK2 is not just an average 3D shooter so weapons are more for single player than MP. But it is interesting to play against merc every once in a while.

haha, i had my 1st multiplayer non SO game today (can't believe it... i've been stuck in saber land) - still i reigned, but i don't think it compares quite with saber combat which is what makes JO so unique...

i usually play UT if i'm up for that kinda stuff (infiltration mod)...

Both.

Definately.

I still laugh at those who are spraying me with Repeater primary fire or E-11 secondary and I just stand there with my saber reflecting their shots back into them until they die.

I also still laugh at saberists running away from me while I flay them to the bone with the Repeater or Disruptor (Turn around, you idiots!)

I'll always fight saber-to-saber if I can, it's more fun. But in a FFA or CTF setting, I'll always use the right tool for the job. I loooove setting traps for people with det packs or mines and either leading them into them or Pushing them into them, but my first love is my trusty saber.

I play as a merc because it's so difficult and you end up dying a lot. You are always outnumbered because it's like a bunch of kids playing cowboys. Everyone is always arguing over who gets to be the Lone Ranger. And no one EVER wants to be Tonto. (Was that his name?)

I am getting sick of people saying that Jedi Knight is all about saber combat and if you want to use guns go play CS or something. Doesn't anyone enjoy playing with authentic Star Wars guns? I personally think that the E-11 is almost as legendary as the lightsaber (maybe not in the same way, but still . . . .)

I thought that the Jedi Knight trademark was that Kyle was a mercenary as well as a Jedi. The bryar pistol and the repeater were a trademark from the beginning.

In multiplayer it was a proven formula to shoot at each other, and then attack with your lightsabers when you run out of ammo. Or to pull out your lightsaber when your enemy was using a blaster type gun. Hehe, of course, in the first jedi knight, you could pull people's guns from fifty yards away, and never miss.

I am currently working on an in-depth weapons guide, but I'm wondering if anyone would want to read it.

slacker

Archived