Home

Star Trek: Nemesis

Kyth'emos

What do you think of the Trailer ?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Trailer ?

• Its gonna kick major ass.
    • It looks cool.
    • I might go see it.
    • Sar Trek Sucks !!!!
    • Yoda should totaly have kick Doku\'s ass instead of saving Anakin and Obi-Wan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this movie looks like it will rule. i've seen all the other ones and star trek movies like to alternate themes. first contact for example was pretty hard core for star trek showing cut off limbs, missing eye balls and the like, but then insurrection was pretty light and not so serious. now we have nemesis which looks even more hardcore than first contact. it showed that corridor attack ship which looked pretty freakin tight!! so yes, my vote stands with some kicking of posterior end.

Star Trek first aired 1966-1969 (now known as the "original series" with William Shatner as Captain Kirk, Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock and DeForest Kelly as Dr. McCoy). When the show was cancelled after its third season, there was a huge fan backlash. So we can say with confidence that this generation of fans existed at least as early as 1969.

The first Trek movie came out in 1979, and since that time there have been almost a steady stream of movies and new tv series (the second series, not including the cartoon of course, was The Next Generation in 1987). Anyhow, check imdb.com for full details. Trek is pretty old, by pop culture standards, and its been a staple of reruns and video stores ever since its inception.

It will be very cool. Lime-Light...well to be honest I'm a post-Roddenberry fan only, for example, I didn't really like TNG until after he...well wasn't involved anymore. I guess I like the Sci-Fi elements rather than the weird...fantasy like elements that he seemed to bring along. On the other hand I'm a huge fan of his vision of the future, and I think that TNG was the only other series to effectively communicate that.

Anyway, I think the new movie will only add to that :)

Well, the movie does look like it's going to be cool. What was the last ST movie released? I don't think I saw it. I remember First Contact, where they go back in time to the point of first contact with the Vulcans, and defeat the Borg (again). But was there another one released after that? My interest in Star Trek had already been dwindling by the time First Contact came out. But, if I'm going to go see this one, I might need to catch up on what's been going on in the meantime...

Originally posted by MasterD-LeyAmas

Well, the movie does look like it's going to be cool. What was the last ST movie released? I don't think I saw it. I remember First Contact, where they go back in time to the point of first contact with the Vulcans, and defeat the Borg (again). But was there another one released after that? My interest in Star Trek had already been dwindling by the time First Contact came out. But, if I'm going to go see this one, I might need to catch up on what's been going on in the meantime...

Insurrection was after First Contact--it was pretty good, too.

Despite the fact that I think Star Wars owns Star Trek on every level, I still like Star Trek all right. I liked The Next Generation and DS9, will watch Voyager if nothing else is on... however, I hate the OT (would rather have my eyes gouged out and my ears sliced off than be forced to watch it) and Enterprise (can't STAND that QuantomLeap actor!) and the movies except for The Voyage Home (which was more like a Star Trek parody than anything else) and First Contact.

That all said, I've read reviews of this movie several times on http://www.aintitcoolnews.com and I can tell you that if they didn't do some major revisions to the script, this movie is going to be terrible. They've removed Picard's brain, added in a stupid clone storyline that's an obvious rip-off of the Star Wars prequels and they kill off Data in the most moronic way possible. I can't believe the Next Generation crew would sign on for this.

It will be good as far as effects go, and probably acting... but the script will make you spit. I'll go see it, probably... just to watch the last nail go into Star Trek's coffin.

Jedi_Monk.jpg

TNG is the best one, by far. I didnt even like the first Trek series, but the original cast movies were good. I never got into DS9, and after the first season Voyager sucked bad. And Enterprise.....yeesh. I can only conclude that after Gene died, a lot of the actual themes of Star Trek faded and that was left was the names, technology, and what the future looked like, in general.

I'll see it maybe in theaters, maybe on video or DVD, but just becuase the cast is good together and they can act alright, so whatever formuliac story has been pasted together will look better than its read....

plus all the explosions.....ooooooooooooh

I voted the "It's gonna kick major rectum" option, though I think that Yoda should have finished off Dooku then and there. Anakin didn't get to save Padm'e because they had to fight dooku. Yoda should not have saved annie and Obi-wan, because he had to fight Dooku.

:D

Originally posted by obi-wan13

I voted the "It's gonna kick major rectum" option, though I think that Yoda should have finished off Dooku then and there. Anakin didn't get to save Padm'e because they had to fight dooku. Yoda should not have saved annie and Obi-wan, because he had to fight Dooku.

:D

:confused: Ow...

Confusing posts make Baby Ben Franklin want to cry...

:p

Though I am trying to watch all of the DS9 and Voyager episodes for the sake of completion, I much prefer the Roddenberry-based stuff, despite not agreeing with much of his socio-political ideas.

For me the Original Series and TNG based stuff were the most entertaining (and the even numbered films were the best). ; )

Archived