Home

Some words about backstabs and other (lamers) techniques...

Obi-Dan Kenobi

What you think about an option in the new patch to disable backstab?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What you think about an option in the new patch to disable backstab?

• Yes! We need it!
    • No, backstabbing lamers are ok...

Ok, I hate the stupid people that use only backstabs... I saw some going around all the time backwards, only to do bs... I think it makes JK2 multiplayer a boring game... These people that use only backstab win almost every ffa or duel, and broke the others gameplay. I wondered about a simple thing: can the Raven-Lucas put an option in the new patch to disable backstabs? I think it will be an effective countermeasure to lamer playng...

Tell me what you think about it...

I love JK2, like I loved Dark Forces and JK, like any other SW game, but I feel very bored about people gaming online...

Backstabs shouldn't be removed, they should be balanced. All 1-hit kills are fairly easy to dodge, bs should be the same way.

Heres what I think they should do, I like the idea of forcing bs's to only do the max damage of the stance theyre in. Also another good addition is forcing bs's to spin slower then normal and make it not adjustable (hackable).

I don't really mind it if it's not spammed. I don't remember who said this but someone said something about that it would be nice to keep it in but one could only do it every 10 seconds or so. People would still be able to use it but no abuse it. :)

backstabbing is cool, but if they just do one move throughout the whole duel or something, then it's stupid. I can tolerate it if they're fighting me and i jump over them behind them to slash and slash and slash, and before i can they do it. I can't stand it when you just do one move , i hate it when people just backstab ALL the time, i mean when you have to or when you have the oppurtunity, i think it's OK. You shouldn't disable it thoguh.

These days backstab is the only move used by some lamers, so to balance it out (because lets face it, every one gets a little dirty to try a fancy 1 hit death back stab move, every now and then, even you and I) They should make it do 60%-70% damage and should adjust it so you cant spin around while doing backstab. Maybe the more times you use it in that "lifetime" it does less damage after excessive use. (Wait that would be a bad idea cus games companys are lazy to implement such code)

Hey if they want to be fodder, be my guest.

Anytime an assfighter fights against me, he dies.

I finish up with my handy bind "Assfighting is not the way"

To kill assfighters use kick, lunge, throw and strong swipes. All are quite effective.

Free kills as far as I'm concerned.

Originally posted by Obi-Dan Kenobi

Ok, I hate the stupid people that use only backstabs... I saw some going around all the time backwards, only to do bs... I think it makes JK2 multiplayer a boring game... These people that use only backstab win almost every ffa or duel, and broke the others gameplay. I wondered about a simple thing: can the Raven-Lucas put an option in the new patch to disable backstabs? I think it will be an effective countermeasure to lamer playng...

I love JK2, like I loved Dark Forces and JK, like any other SW game, but I feel very bored about people gaming online...

Nice how you can be objective about it.....

Originally posted by Obi-Dan Kenobi

You should try my server, people won't be able to do it because I use the JK 2 ++ mod.

See sig.

Archived