Home

Standing up after a kickdown?

AnArKey

A lot of the time when I get kicked and land on my back, and after I get my character to stand up, he will just stand there, non-responsive to my mad hammering on the jump button, for up to two seconds. I usually get backsweeped during this time. Is this normal? I also noticed I can never JUMP up from a kick knockdown, he only stands up, then responds to a jump command.

Originally posted by AnArKey

A lot of the time when I get kicked and land on my back, and after I get my character to stand up, he will just stand there, non-responsive to my mad hammering on the jump button, for up to two seconds. I usually get backsweeped during this time. Is this normal? I also noticed I can never JUMP up from a kick knockdown, he only stands up, then responds to a jump command.

i think that's weird... but i sometimes get a similar problem (like getting stunned kinda for 2 seconds)... i think it's got to do with the kick move itself, like there's a chance of stunning your opp??? (since i only play LAN, and ping's not a problem here)

This happens after you do a neat little spin to get up right? You stand there all cool style for a couple of secs. I think it looks neat but yeah it leaves you very vunerable so can be annoying. I think it is just part of that getting up animation and there isn't anything that can be done about that. I just bash jump and attack until I move again.

Yeah..that's the problem. I just cant explain why it only started for me in the past 2 weeks, and threads here just recently started posting this problem too. I've been playing since early June...didnt used to do this. Weird

BTW lexx..what server do you normally play on? I would like to spar sometime :D

This happens to me all the time, but it totally lags me out, giving me that 999 ping thing, some times i get timed out too.

sad tho cos some peps spam it when they realise i get lagged, and then they time me out and backstab just for a cheap kill.

I know this would not apply in FFA, but in full Force duels, where knockdowns are very common due to the nature of game play, experienced players won't take a kill when this happens.

It's considered the same as a 999 lag spike kill.

What is messed up though, is even though you are stuck in the pose animation, you can still swivel around and look all over the place.

Archived