Home

Multiplayer in IJ & Emperor's Tomb??

Prendo

Should IJ & Emperor's Tomb include multiplayer?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should IJ & Emperor's Tomb include multiplayer?

• Heck Yes
    • Hell No
    • Frankly, I don‘t give a damn

I reckon that LucasArts really should have multiplayer support this time. I heard a rumour that Infernal Machine was going to have multiplayer support, then it turns out to be just that, a rumour. I remember looking forward to multiplayer support in Infernal Machine, then my hopes were dashed.

Anyways, the game is looking very promising. The graphics look nice and detailed, from what I have seen. It's great to see that Emperor's Tomb is going to have good old fisticuffs. Fist fighting in FOA seriously rocked.

Multiplayer support would seriously rock in Emperor's Tomb, but that's just my opinion. They could do a crapload with it. Like characters having a 'special item/weapon thingy. Índy has his whip, which he can use to disarm enemies, and cross chasms, etc. It'd be great if you could play as a ninja. The ninja could have gloves with claws, which he could use to scale walls, buildings, etc, and also use it as a short-range weapon. That sort of stuff would be seriously kick ass.

It's just an idea, but multiplayer would seriously rock in Indiana Jones. Come on LucasArts, please include multiplayer support.

There's just a bunch of games that shouldn't have multiplayer support. Indy's such a case.

Multiplayer would also mean that the rest of the game would tend to have more action than puzzles. AND you don't want to see two Indys (Indies? ...nah!) fighting each other.

So my begging is "Please concentrate on story and single player."

no multiplayer unless in a multiplayer game it is only possible for 1 player to be Indy at a time. And have others being nazis, indy's buddies or whatever..

if mp implementation affects the quality of story and level design of the singleplayer then i say; NO MP

Originally posted by Alien426

Next part of the Indiana Jones tombraidery series (...And The Infernal Machine).

Emperor's Tomb looks a lot less Tomb Raider-y and more hand to hand-y. Maybe a cross between Tomb Raider and something like... Oni. Except the levels didnt suck in the Emperor's Tomb demo (unlike Oni's boring levels).

Originally posted by QueZTone

no multiplayer unless in a multiplayer game it is only possible for 1 player to be Indy at a time. And have others being nazis, indy's buddies or whatever..

Why? What difference does it make?

If MP implementation affects the quality of story and level design of the singleplayer then i say; NO MP

Why would it?

Because seeing Indy fight Indy and a moment later another Indy jumps in the fight pulls it to the ridiculously. Everyone whipping at each other. Right. That's no fun. Believe me, you'll get bored with that pretty fast.

Since implementing MP will take time and effort, time and effort that could also be put into creating a better singleplayer. It's quite easy logic really.

Originally posted by QueZTone

Because seeing Indy fight Indy and a moment later another Indy jumps in the fight pulls it to the ridiculously. Everyone whipping at each other. Right. That's no fun. Believe me, you'll get bored with that pretty fast.

Doesn't sound so bad to me. If the basic gameplay is good, then it'd be pretty entertaining.

Since implementing MP will take time and effort, time and effort that could also be put into creating a better singleplayer. It's quite easy logic really.

I suppose that's possible, but given how half-assed the multiplayer components of most LucasArts games have been, I don't think there's too much danger of that.

Originally posted by Carl Shutt

Doesn't sound so bad to me. If the basic gameplay is good, then it'd be pretty entertaining.

ok..i just said gameplay wouldnt be fun, i explained it too... :rolleyes:

I suppose that's possible, but given how half-assed the multiplayer components of most LucasArts games have been, I don't think there's too much danger of that.

i have no idea what your point is here... Implementing multiplayer into 'IJ & ET' requires time and effort. And therefore I rather see the time and effort put into that to be put into SP instead.

Originally posted by Carl Shutt

Why would it? ("why would inclusion of multiplayer effect the quality of the single player levels and gameplay?")

LucasArts is only paying so many people for so many hours of work on the game. Adding Multiplayer will quite obviously take hours and hours of work away from the single player portion of the game.

I'd much rather see a very very good single player Indy game and then go play, oh, Jedi Outcast... or Quake... or something for a good multiplayer game.

I dont like that people say "a game is bad unless it includes multiplayer." That's like "a movie is bad unless it includes a car chase" or something. There are many kinds of games, and absolutely no reason to make them all the same to fit one particular persons narrow minded tastes. I'm not saying there's no place for games that have both Single and Multiplayer (see Jedi Knight II, Half-Life), but some can (and sometimes should) only be one (Unreal Tournament, Q3), or the other (Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb).

In my opinion.

Archived