Home

First draft of my weapons guide

MediocreSlacker

I just thought I'd share a very early version of my guide. Keep in mind that it's not done yet. In case you don't notice. ;)

slacker

============================================================

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Multiplayer Weapons Guide v1.0

============================================================

Welcome to my Jedi Knight II multiplayer weapons guide. Here you will find extensive and in-depth information and tactics regarding each weapon in the game except for the saber. However, since this is a VERY early version, I don't have the tactics up yet. Feel free to contact me regarding any suggestions or blatent errors found in this guide. I would like to thank my friends Trekker and especially Dimmu for their contributions.

Enjoy!

slacker

========================

A few interesting observations:

- Your own explosive weapons only harm you half as much as they should. For instance, one enemy mine will take away a maximum of 104 hit points. Damage from your own mine will only take away a maximum of 52 points. Also, damage from your own explosive weapons lose any armor piercing properties they may have, although this may simply be because you are receiving splash damage and not getting hit directly. Although this damage reduction helps reduce embarrassing self-inflicted deaths, it does NOT mean that projectiles that are force pushed back at you also do less damage. If your rocket is pushed back at you, it retains its full damage values and armor penetration.

- All projectiles can be deflected by Force Push. This includes blaster fire, crossbow bolts, repeater bullets and grenades, the primary fire of the EMP gun, flechette spikes and grenades, rockets, and thermal detonators. Due to the relatively high rate of fire for most blaster type weapons, Force Pushing is not the most effective defense. However, this information can still be used to your advantage in certain situations.

- Headshots do NOT exist in multiplayer. If you shoot someone in the head with any weapon, the damage will be the same as if you had shot him in the chest. Spread the word.

========================

Stun Baton

------------------------

Damage:

- Without armor: 20

- With armor: 10 from both health and armor

ROF: About 3 jabs per second

------------------------

Pros:

- Choosing the baton frees up lots of force points

- Element of surprise: No one ever expects to be attacked with the stun baton

- Can't be blocked

- Can't be pulled from your grasp

- Penetrates armor

- Decent ROF

- Entertaining

Cons:

- Relatively weak

- Emits crackling sound that can't be turned off

- Does not block attacks like the lightsaber

- You can't roll, wall run, wall flip, or kick flip as you can when you have the saber

- Very limited range

To get the stun baton, simply don't invest any points into lightsaber offense. This saves you tons of force points that you can allocate elsewhere.

Many people laugh at the idea of using a stun baton, as the lightsaber is far more useful and powerful. However, the stun baton inflicts a decent amount of damage: five hits will kill an unshielded opponent. Even if your opponent has 199 armor, it will never take more than ten zaps to kill him, due to the armor penetrating properties of the stun baton.

The effectiveness of the stun baton is greatly increased through the use of force powers. Force Speed helps you to catch up with someone who is backing away from you. Force Pulling a person and then zapping them when they fall down will enable you to get in two to five hits, depending on how fast he gets up. You can repeat this until your force power runs out, or they turn on absorb. Dark Rage is an excellent force power to use with the stun baton, as this will bring its ROF up to 4 jabs per second, and you will be resistant to enemy attacks while it is active. Once you enable Dark Rage, you should have enough Force energy to use pull on someone twice (provided that you started with a full Force energy pool). If you succeed in pulling someone to the ground while you have Dark Rage on, this means that you be able to get a LOT of jabs in while they are on the ground and getting up. Mind Trick is good for hilarious stealth zappings. On team games, another fun thing is to zap an enemy team member while your teammate grips him, holding him stationary. (Your teammate should move the enemy around a corner so that the enemy cannot Force Push himself free.) Be sure to constantly pull weapons away from the people using them against you.

Recommendations when using the stun baton:

- Activate at least either Force Protect or Dark Rage to help reduce your extreme vulnerability. Absorb is good too.

- Use the third person view to increase your field of vision.

- If possible, disable automatic weapon pick up (that is, if you are trying to use the baton exclusively). I'm not sure if you can do this in multiplayer.

Tactics against stun baton users:

- Turn absorb on (to avoid getting pulled down) and use pretty much any method of attack.

- Don't embarrass yourself by pulling them down and backstabbing. It's overkill and, to be honest, if you can't kill someone who has a stun baton unless you pull them down, you are pretty pathetic.

- Don't encourage them to use their Force Powers. They have more points invested in them than you do.

========================

Bryar Pistol

------------------------

Damage:

- Primary fire: 10

- Secondary fire: up to 85

ROF:

- Primary fire: 3 per second

- Secondary fire: 1.7 seconds to charge completely

Ammo consumption:

- Primary fire: 2 blaster ammo units

- Secondary fire: Up to 8 blaster ammo units

------------------------

Pros:

- You start out with it

- It can't be pulled from your grasp

- Very powerful secondary fire (85 damage!!!)

Cons:

- Slow ROF for secondary fire

- Can be blocked by lightsaber

- Doesn't penetrate armor

The Bryar pistol is a very effective weapon, but most people overlook it. The incredible damage dealt by the secondary fire means that even a fully shielded opponent will not be able to withstand three fully charged shots (that it, unless they have the large shield powerup). It isn't capable of dishing out 236 points of damage a second like the flachette can, but I have gotten first place in many FFA's using only the Bryar pistol.

[Tactics will be finished in the final revision]

========================

E-11 Blaster

------------------------

Damage:

- Primary fire: 20

- Secondary fire: 20

ROF:

- Primary fire: 4 per second

- Secondary fire: 8 per second

Ammo consumption:

- Primary fire: 2 blaster ammo units

- Secondary fire: 3 blaster ammo units

------------------------

========================

Tenloss Disruptor Rifle

------------------------

Damage:

- Primary fire: 30

- Secondary fire: (charged zoomed shot) up to 130

ROF:

- Primary fire: 2.3 per second

- Secondary fire: 1.5 seconds to maximum zoom, 1.9 seconds to charge completely

Ammo consumption:

- Primary fire: 5 power cell units

- Secondary fire: Up to 27 power cell units

------------------------

========================

Wookie Crossbow

------------------------

Damage:

- Primary fire:

- One bolt:

- Without armor: 50

- With armor: 25 from both health and armor

- Three bolts:

- Without armor: 40 for each bolt

+ Max damage: 120 total

- With armor: 20 for each bolt from both health and armor

+ Max damage: 60 total from both health and armor

- Five bolts:

- Without armor: 30 for each bolt

+ Max damage: 150 total

- With armor: 15 for each bolt from both health and armor

+ Max damage: 75 total from both health and armor

- Secondary fire:

- Without armor: 50

- With armor: 25 from both health and armor

ROF:

- Primary fire: 2 per second, 1.8 seconds to charge completely

- Secondary fire: 2 per second

Ammo consumption:

- Primary fire: 5 to 25 power cell units

- Secondary fire: 5 power cell units

------------------------

========================

DEMP Gun

------------------------

Damage:

- Primary fire:

+ Without armor: 11

+ With armor: 35 from armor, no penetration

- Secondary fire: Extremely variable, 133 max damage with full shields

ROF:

- Primary fire: 3 per second

- Secondary fire: 2.5 seconds to charge completely

Ammo consumption:

- Primary fire: 8 power cell units

- Secondary fire: Up to 27 power cell units

------------------------

========================

Imperial Heavy Repeater

------------------------

Damage:

- Primary fire: 14

- Secondary fire: 60

ROF:

- Primary fire: 12 per second

Ammo consumption:

- Primary fire: 1 metallic bolt unit

- Secondary fire: 25 metallic bolt units

------------------------

========================

Flachette Weapon

------------------------

Damage:

- Primary fire:

+ Without armor: 60 total (12 each spike)

+ With armor: 30 from both health and armor

- Secondary fire: 118 max (59 each projectile)

ROF:

- Primary fire: 2 per second

Ammo consumption:

- Primary fire: 10 metallic bolt units

- Secondary fire: 25 metallic bolt units

------------------------

========================

Portable Missile System

------------------------

Damage:

- Primary fire:

- Direct hit:

+ Without armor: 100

+ With armor: 50 from both health and armor

- Maximum splash damage: 85 with no armor penetration

- Secondary fire:

- Direct hit:

+ Without armor: 100

+ With armor: 50 from both health and armor

- Maximum splash damage: 85 with no armor penetration

ROF:

- Secondary fire: About .75 seconds minimum to lock target

Ammo consumption:

- Primary fire: 1 rocket ammo unit

- Secondary fire: 2 rocket ammo units

------------------------

========================

Thermal Detonators

------------------------

Damage:

- Primary fire: 70 max

- Secondary fire: 70 max

ROF:

- Primary fire: Variable

- Secondary fire: Variable

Ammo consumption:

- Primary fire: 1 thermal detonator

- Secondary fire: 1 thermal detonator

------------------------

========================

Trip Mines

------------------------

Damage:

- Primary fire: 104 max

- Secondary fire: 104 max

ROF:

- Secondary fire: 3 per second

Ammo consumption:

- Primary fire: 1 trip mine

- Secondary fire: 1 trip mine

------------------------

========================

Det Packs

------------------------

Damage:

- Primary fire: 198 max

- Secondary fire: N/A

ROF:

Ammo consumption:

- Primary fire: 1 det pack

------------------------

Phew! In my final version, I will have all sorts of tactics written.

Good Friggin' work!

I've been playing JK now since it came out (I suck, though.... must be the full time job/family/school interference) and *just* discovered the ability to forcePush a rocket back last night. It was done to me.... can't wait to try that back.

The Stun Baton is my favorite non-saber weapon... I frequently do just as you said.. load up on absorb (sometimes protect) and especially Mind Trick... I love to sneak up on would be snipers!

A good strategy for SB users is to us a bryer pistol on a saberist, wait for them to come at you, engage mind trick, switch to SB, strafe left/right, wait for them to pass (usually swing like mad), slip in behind and Zap! LoL!

I took Lexx's idea and binded "OMG! I just killed you with my Stun Baton!" to a key... LOVE IT!

Mind Trick is fun.... can be nuetralized with Seeing, but you would be surprised how many folks don't bother to put 2 points in it. I bound Lando's model to a key, so when I go invisible, I switch and do the Whooohoo thing then switch back to whatever model I was using. Usually StormTrooper/Red or SithStatue.

SkinWalker

I can see you have put a tremendeous amount of work into that. It's great that some ppl want to put so much effort into helping others. I'm sure the forum will appreciate it. I for one say thank you slacker :)

Just goes to show you're not really a "slacker" after all

....are you?:p

Good Job and :cheers: to you.

Yeah, even though I almost exclusively play NF duels, that is one *awesome* guide you've written there slacker...

And it's good to hear that the pistol and stun thingie have their uses too! Never thought of that.

Good job slacker, I'm looking forward to reading tactics to the rest of the weapons! You aren't doing a lightsaber guide as well? ;)

EXCELLENT GUIDE

About the Stun Baton: if you want to link to my stun baton demo of getting second using only the stun baton to prove it's effectiveness, just ask;)

also, when it's completed (or even right now) could i put it on the articles section of my site?

and for the trip mines, a good tactic is to jump up....drop it on the alternate fire and it will hit them, thus killing most opponents:D

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

EXCELLENT GUIDE

About the Stun Baton: if you want to link to my stun baton demo of getting second using only the stun baton to prove it's effectiveness, just ask;)

also, when it's completed (or even right now) could i put it on the articles section of my site?

and for the trip mines, a good tactic is to jump up....drop it on the alternate fire and it will hit them, thus killing most opponents:D

Sure, Twins, I'll send it to you.

slacker

Hehe I thought I said in the beginning that I wasn't including the saber right now. ;)

But the link isn't working, and neither is the one on the "articles" page. I am sure you will fix it soon. I can't wait to see how nice it looks now! (The only reason I made it in .txt format is because I am going to try and get it on gamefaqs.com)

slacker

Wow! Great weapons guide :)

A thing to rememeber when writing the tatics for the Ten-loss Disruptor rifle: If you activate the scope then crouch, you can still walk around while in the scope; very useful for hinding behind ledges while aiming....

I recently found this out.... :)

-teutonicknight :saberb:

Originally posted by teutonicknight

Wow! Great weapons guide :)

A thing to rememeber when writing the tatics for the Ten-loss Disruptor rifle: If you activate the scope then crouch, you can still walk around while in the scope; very useful for hinding behind ledges while aiming....

I recently found this out.... :)

-teutonicknight :saberb:

That only works in single player. But, if somehow you managed to do it in multiplayer, send me a demo of it.

slacker

Archived