• Darth Vader
    • Luke Skywalker
    • Darth Maul
    • Count Dooku
    • Obi-Wan Kenobi

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no contest, yoda is the greatest swordsman to ever grace the sw universe. dooku was his padawan if you remember, and dooku was the "expert swordsman" of the jedi order. plus, just look at him in action. his knowledge of the force, combined with his agility and dexterity make yoda not only the wisest jedi ever, but also the greatest warriors.

but afterall "wars not make one great"

-master yoda

sure maul had a dualblade, and sure yoda is a speedy little devil but kun INVENTED the dualblade! he was so damn good with a saber that he revolutionized the technology! although if it was a battle id put money on vader because hes the chosen one and hes got the most force potential (and hes not held back by stupid light-side force useage guidelines)

and for the record sidious HAS used a lightsaber, he was trained to be the enforcer of the sith order and then later he became the master. and in one of the EU books as maul's final test they have a saber duel! but i really cant see an old dude like that being very good with a saber.... but then again yoda's pretty old. like 900... and dooku's like 400..... ok so age isnt that important but still sidious wouldnt use a saber anymore, not since becoming the master

This should be the order:

Mace Windu- Master with most powerful form

Yoda- beat Dooku

Count Dooku- Beat Anakin and Kenobi

Anakin Skywalker- outlasted obi

Obi-Wan Kenobi- beat maul

Darth Maul- beat Jinn

Qui-Gon Jinn- still a Jedi master

who the f***is Exar Kun? I hate gay EU characters.

vader had the practise .... he was a MASTER swordsman ... i think he held back against luke so he didnt kill his son thats y luke beat him ...

exar may have invented dual blades .... that doesnt make him ne good

obi was a bit average .... dunno about yodas actual skill but he has the force power .... maul was pants really

so vader all the way

SW.com has maul and exar using a "sith lightsabre" and implies that sith all use double blades .... but i thought they were the only 2 (vader certainly dont)

and what is a lanavarok (mentioned in 1 of the books to be traded between karde and mirax terrik ... mentions it as a sith weapon)

Hey!!! There is no telling that Obi is infact better than Maul....he suprised him, by jumping over his head, grabbing Qui-Gon's saber and slicing him into 2.....

BUT!!!!

It wasn't a regular fight, and don't forget how Obi ended up in that situation... Maul had overrun him with his lightsaber skilles, and forced him down in the pit....I think that it was his saving that he fell so long from Maul, so he couldn't really reach Obi....

Or else I think that we would have seen an Episode 2 Attack of the Clones without an Obi Wan in it!

Maul is a better lightsaber warrior IMO...

Archived