Home

Need help with new movie project!

NwO_2k_Mutt

Hey all, I dont know if any of you saw my first movie, but I am making another one dedicated to all my fellow saberists out there. However, I need you help. If you can send me demos that you made of duels, ffa, or CTFs (preferable sbaers only and no force due to the graphics size) I would greatly appreciate it. Also screenshots are kewl as well as any artwork you have made, skins the like. I want to make a huge bastard with great quality ! Oh yeah give me some good music choices too. I was thinking of Anthem for the year 2000, but that may be a bit corny :p

Thanks and send all that stuff zipped to

mutt@nwo2k.net

NwO 2k Mutt

Well what can I say, excellent video! Did you have any part in making those maps? I've played them all btw and they are very sweet ;)

As for demo's etc, well I can't seem to get that demo thing to work so I gave up on it, and I've only just recently discovered the joys of screenshots but I'll try and take a few decapitations for you! :D

> lobby scene music from The Matrix

Propellerheads song, off Decksanddrumsandrockandroll. ;) The one in the movie is a remix though, the full song is called Spybreak!.

Excellent album, one of my three favorites of all time. If you like electronic music nab it.

Originally posted by NwO_2k_Mutt

for the demo thing to work, all you need is the download and the you use letter o to start and p to finish then it will be in your play a demo menu :)

Yeah I tried that, I unzipped it to my base folder, played a game, pressed O and P but nothing saved! :( Am I doing something wrong?

DarkZone, you need to get the download from jkii.net and place it in your base folder, then from within the game press the letter o to start and p to stop, then you can watch it from the main menu, where it says join server create server play demo. Once you do that, just attach the .DM file to an email for me :)

Hey... I've been playing with the idea of making a demo since I saw your last one.. good work, BTW! I may have the opportunity to do something by this weekend... I'll try and get something up to you.

Can you put music to a demo, or do you have to process it as an avi, etc.? I haven't even d/l the demo prog yet, so if the answer is RTFM, I certainly will <Grin>.

I do have one or two screenshots, but the image quality doesn't seem as high as it should be. One is of another player who is standing on top of his own dead body on the needle-like monument in Bespin_Streets. That joker stood there and goofed around with anyone who came by... tossed a saber at my back and when I turned around he quickly typed... "wasn't me... honest." I had to LOL.

Big Daddy SKin

SkinWalker,

You have to process them to an AVI first. Well hell, here is how you do it:

1. Get the record demo download and put it in your base folder. Then from within the game you hit letter o to start recording and p to stop. You can view them from Play a Demo in the MP menu. Once you have the demo, you need to create screenshot, luckily the Q3 engine (which JO uses) has a command to let you create screenshot at several fps.

2. Recoring screenshot (jpg files). From the main mp menu open up the console and type /cl_avidemo 20. The 20 is the fps that I use but you can use a higher or lower value, but I find that 20 is a great number. The go to Pla Demo and play the demo you created. It will be choppy becasue it is creating 20 jpgs per second. Once that is done, go back to the console and type /cl_avidemo 0 to stop the screenshot creation. Now then a screenshots folder will be created in your base folder with hundreds or even thousands of jpgs. You can create the folder before hand if you want.

3. Once you have the jpgs, I would recommend resizing them to 540x314. I would use a batch processor :) do do them all at once or you have a helluva lot of work in store for ya. Once you resize them then you need to convert all the jpgs into an AVI clip. There are several programs to do this.

4. Once you have your demo fully converted to an avi clip, you can use windows movie maker to addin music, still shots flash, whatever you want :)

Sounds straightforward enough... in fact, I see a couple of additional ideas that could be used... such as a movie editor to create swipes, text, effects, etc. Possibly even convert to a DiVx format... with MPEG-4 the size could be reduced considerably. That would aid in distribution.

One more quick question since you obviously have experience... how much disk space did your first demo's screenshot folder consume?

SKinWalker

Originally posted by SkinWalker

Sounds straightforward enough... in fact, I see a couple of additional ideas that could be used... such as a movie editor to create swipes, text, effects, etc. Possibly even convert to a DiVx format... with MPEG-4 the size could be reduced considerably. That would aid in distribution.

One more quick question since you obviously have experience... how much disk space did your first demo's screenshot folder consume?

SKinWalker

O yes the possibilities are endless, Movie maker has all the codecs! You can do tons with it

want a demo of a stun baton fight?

you know what you should make a movie of?

the subway matrix scene :p that would be cool:D

after all...we do have wall walk available to us...and we gotta keep the matrix revolution going

and i'm with lexx...matrix music

if you don't use matrix music use seek and destroy by metallica

or the star wars imperial march (edited) by "metallica" (its not really metallica but it's cool)

But How do I create a movie with DivX codecs?(The option isn't in pjBMP2AVI.

Um... create a movie with a DivX codec? I have Ulead Video Studio 6. In video studio 6, you just choose your codec when you start/finish..... so.... I don't know how you do it in pjBMP2AVI....

-teutonicknight :saberb:

Archived