Home

Am I the only one who thinks Jackson was terrible?

Jeremiah J

Samuel L. Jackson has done some very good acting, so this isn't to take anything away from him, but I thought he is simply aweful in the Star Wars movies! He can't pull off the Jedi thing at all; instead, he alternates between playing Shaft/Dirty Harry and laboriously putting stupid "wise" faces as he sits around with Yoda.

Not only that, but the character of Mace Windu itself is annoying. It was a totally unnecessary part that could have been a small walk-on roll, but because a famous actor played it, we suddenly hear everyone talking about what a great and legendary warrior this Mace fellow is.

Admittedly, the script and direction in SW:E2 would stifle almost any actor, but Jackson was just completely unfit for the part.

Can anyone else see this???

Yes, you are most likely the only who thought he was terrible. I thought that he was the man! Almost as cool as Plo Koon! heh heh heh...................... Sam Jackson gives Mace depth as the second most powerful Jedi in the universe. We see that he can be deeply thoughtful........and he can kick pretty much anyones ass that he wants too!

Samuel Jackson was THE man in Episode II. Many people were disappointed that he didn't have a larger role in Episode I. He is one of the best actors out there, I don't think he can give a bad performance, just like Morgan Freeman or Russell Crowe, Kevin Spacey would be another example. I think as far as these prequels go, Ewan McGregor and Sam Jackson have been the two best actors.:D

Originally posted by Nebelwerfer_

ET warrior, i dont know why you keep saying plo koon is the man. He doesnt have any dialog and they only show him for about a minute total. Yoda on the other hand, now there's someone to admire :yoda:

Ahso, but Plo Koon sits next to Mace Windu, thusly rankin him highly. Also he is a KelDor, from a long line of Jedi, and Has highly developed sensory organs that augment his jedi powers! and he looks damn cool!:koon:

I'm afraid you're going to be in the minority on this one, Jeremiah. As far as some people are concerned, Sam Jackson was the only redeeeming force of Episode II(I'm NOT one of these people, I LOVED the movie). Even film critics who dismissed Episode II lauded Sam Jackson's performance, some going as far to say that he "saved" the movie. He will be even more impressive in Episode III. . .even though we know he dies.:(

:D

So I guess I *am* the only one. And it wasn't that I thought he is a bad actor; I just didn't think he pulled off the Jedi thing. Freeman, Crowe, and Spacey are also good actors, but I couldn't see them doing it either (well, maybe Freeman). Maybe the problem is that it's hard for any actor to make that dialogue sound good. "Party's over" didn't do a thing for me...

Anyway, I guess nobody shares my opinion, so I'll just let it go and realize that it's probably just me. Maybe I just need to see it again.

Thanks for the replies (and for being nice about it)! :)

Originally posted by Sith Inquisitor

Samuel Jackson was THE man in Episode II. Many people were disappointed that he didn't have a larger role in Episode I. He is one of the best actors out there, I don't think he can give a bad performance, just like Morgan Freeman or Russell Crowe, Kevin Spacey ...

Spacey? K-Pax??

I enjoyed Sam Jackson, as well. I thought Ewan did well also.

Any line that Mace says in EP3 will be a clasic:D

how about...

"It seems im done for. You guys wont take me out easy. Half of you will be dead when I go down."

"The party has just started MuthaF***ers!"

*Mace fights to the death*

:)

Originally posted by Hannibal

Spacey? K-Pax??

I enjoyed Sam Jackson, as well. I thought Ewan did well also.

Spacey and Jackson also performed quite well playing off each other in The Negotiator. Oh, and I think Ewan's doing an excellent job as Obiwan.

Kryllith

Archived