Home

LucasForums Jedi Acadamy Map details

Dath Maximus

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First who knows jkradient the best here(not me I don't know crap about it, and while I would love the chance to make to map like I want, It would take monopolizing the pc in the other room *I'm typing this on a mac*)?

Second, get some shots from TPM of the jedi council room, this will be a good room for testing (for kicks make it only reachable by an elevator that is run by entering a code that only the teachers know) . Make different versions of the map like in the movie(for example: Day, afternoon, and night) and play it at those given times during the day.

Third get some picks from ATOC if possible of the room that yoda is training all the little young padawans in. Use these pics to design about 5 or 6 classrooms into the jedi academy.

Make a exact layout of the academy on paper (to be fair include a small outdoor area that is very detailed with flowers, trimmed grass, and of course dath's garden shacks). After you get the layout done(don't worry about size it will probably turn out big anyways), make some sketchs of all the various rooms, using the movies for guidance, take careful note of patterns and shadows throughout the movie (I think a shadowed room of the jedi council like the 3rd showing of it in TPM would be awesome , with windows that actually show the Coruscant skyline. (and remember don't just make a nighttime council chamber.)

Once you get sketches of all the rooms done, post them for comment I think they would look cool. :)

The end result map I would hope would look similar to what the movies look like. Don't skimp on the details, I think it would be cool to see how much you can make it stress hardware (the inner geek in me). Make it a deathmatch map but usually it will be for walking around and chatting. Hold tests in the council chamber, and generally just use it as a cool map for teaching (of course you could always make a few rooms that are simply boxes for duel fights with simple white textures to help cut down on low framerates for users). You will most likely need 3 different versions to go with the time of day since you want the council map to be a seemless transition from the ground floor of the academy.

Hope you liked these ideas, I just thought they sounded cool. :)

:mace::kiadi::yoda:

Originally posted by Dath Maximus

ok ive got the library and everything but i cant load it here!!!

AHHHH!!!!

all you do is open the pic in a browser (may have to convert it to gif file), copy the address, then when you're on the reply page click the tab and paste address. Should work....

do not for get the kitchen and a place for every one to eat. then were would they eat.. on the floor? no! so u need a cafeteria and a bar and pool table and FoosBall table and cool things.

Master Chef Yom

jeez just because he destroys a death star he thinks he can put statues of himself all over his city. and then on top of all that he barely helps Katarn fend off the thugs. no he just goes into his little ship and tells Katarn to turn on the fuel and open the hanger doors. whats with this guy? :mad::ion::lando:

Originally posted by Kit fisto JK

if I can would a lando statue be good for now obi

You can't edit the statue at all? Not even draw over it or whatever you do?

*sigh*

All right.......it's ok.........for now.................

Archived