Home

Jedi Outcast FAQ

OnlyOneCanoli

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing about the lightsaber colors in SP probably has something to do with the fact that it's Raven making the game, and not LucasArts itself. The Star Wars liscense of what is allowable in SW games may have also changed since the prequels came out, so they decided the "movie colors only" rule applied to Single Player.

Kinda stupid, but I guess that's how it is.

Great FAQ, as usual. ; )

Time to plug my strategy site... (see sig link)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, that's enough link whoring. :D

Anyway, to continue the topic of the SP saber colors. I imagine they didn't use anything different because all the characters seen in the game don't use "off" saber colors anyway.

According to what I've heard from interviews, licensed EU products are not required to follow the red/green/blue only rule.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thx.... i heard about how in cheats you can control allies. So i was thinking if it was possible to load the char if i put it in a certain file, then use the cheat to control it. I just wanted to know if ne1 knows how to do this. Thx for the help though. Ill go ask the people who made some mods if they know how to do ne of this.

• 3 months later...

Does this error message mean anything ot anyone? Im no techno whiz, and have no idea whatsoever about what is going on.

RE_Shutdown( 1 )

Shutting down OpenGL subsystem

...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success

...deleting GL context: success

...releasing DC: success

...destroying window

...resetting display

...shutting down QGL

...unloading OpenGL DLL

-----------------------

----- Server Shutdown -----

---------------------------

bad parameter in external weapon data 'firingforce'

Please, if you understand this, can you please tell me whats going on?

• 1 month later...

This level's an awkward one if you're not sure what do to. To begin with, there's a fake wall in the hallway after the room with the falling rubble. Just run through it. Then you'll encounter a row of flame throwers embedded in alcoves down the next hall. (I'd advise you to save). Use Force Speed, and watch your timing, or Kyle'll be a toasted Jedi. Next is a three-way junction. On your right is a short hallway with a fake wall leading to an endless drop and instant death. In front of you is a halway leading to a mirror, where Desann will taunt you. On your left is a hallway with a row of fire blocking your way at the bottom. DON'T try to go through. There's a leaking pipe in the ceiling at the top of the hall. Saber throw it. The water will run down and put out the fire. Drop down the hole and force push all the symbols you see around you. Now look around carefully; This little area sort of goes around in a circle, and embedded in one of the centre walls, low down, is a push symbol. Push, and run around until you come across a newly-opened hallway. SAVE. This hall's lined with crushers, and you need to use Force Speed to time it right. Get through, and SAVE before you go around the next corner. 'Cause that's when you'll meet Desann.

• 1 month later...

Can someone help

I have been stuck for months on the doom communications! I need the code, looked and looked but feel totally gutted as i cant find a way to get the code and have tried so many combinations! also gone back and aback too find it but to no avail. can any one help me please!! cant find jan etc

Love the game but cant for the life of me get passed this bit!

cheers steve

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Originally posted by PhobicDagger

... Then you'll encounter a row of flame throwers embedded in alcoves down the next hall. (I'd advise you to save). Use Force Speed, and watch your timing, or Kyle'll be a toasted Jedi. ....

You can also use 'push' on the flames :)

• 2 weeks later...

How can I get dismemberment without the super-damage effect? I've seen it mentioned that setting g_saberrealisticcombat to 2 will only do one dismemberment per NPC and not up the damage, but this doesn't work for me. The extra damage is a real issue in fights with dark jedi, as they are terrible at blocking. The game gets much less interesting when a Reborn jumps down from above and I take his head of with a single swipe. Cool looking, but boring.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there. I've been reading through the FAQ files and still have not found the answer to my question, so here goes...

A long time ago, in a university not so far away, I used to play Jedi Knight - Outcast in Halls of Residence. After a number of rebuilds and reinstallations of the operating system and game, I have now lost all saved files and downloads.

I used to have a file in which all the cheats I like to used were listed, and by running this file in the console, I could activate the cheats, switch the colour of my lightsabre and set the dismemberment levels to maximum. Unfortunately, I can neither remember the type of file (was it .bat .dat. cfg .txt...), nor the command to run it once in the console screen of Jedi Knight.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can rebuild my beloved cheat file, and how to run it withing the game, I'd be truly grateful.

Thanks,

Darth Melon

Archived