Home

Console RPG?

darthfergie

Okay I've been playing around with this idea for some time now. I've been reading up on the Star Wars RPG Core Rulebook revised edition. And I have d/loaded the RPGGen Software. I was thinking with the creator software to create a Console RPG. Basically the same core rules of the SW RPG, but with the console world twist.

Want to control Mario or Luigi? Go ahead. A Shinobi fanboy? Can do. I'm thinking about a story right now and I'll be gone for about a week at my grandparents (I'll have plenty of time to come up with a good story, plus I'll be conveying this all to my cousin who is an avid fanfic creator in the console relm.) I just want to know if there is any intrest and also if you are interested what character would you ant to be? (sorry but I have to create the characters because of the database and all of the files) But if you want your character to have special abilities/attacks such as Mario's flameball/water gun, you must specify as to what they are. Also if it is a not very well know character (in otherwords I don't know about it) then I'll pm you and ask you to send me a site to find a bio on the character. Remember this can be from almost any series as long is it is apropreate to the forum rules. (please no characters with the special ability to suck people's blood of collect souls) if possible a classic character. (i.e.- Mario, Luigi, Link, Zelda, Solid Snake, etc.)

What the heck, why not? These boards need something to do.

I got Squall from FFVIII.

Weapon: Gunblade (Lion Heart)

Special Skills: Magic of all types and Renosuken (sword barrage). Maybe Gardian Forces (that may not work)

Oh, and let's make it a fairly high level game, at least 5.

Hey Tie Guy you'll have to talk to me on IM about your character when I get back because I havn't played the game.

Come on people you know you want to play.

P.S.- I've got a story started and soon it should be finalized when my cousins get down here so I can get some second opinions.

Originally posted by darthfergie

Hey Tie Guy you'll have to talk to me on IM about your character when I get back because I havn't played the game.

What?!? You definately gotta get it. Its only like $20 right now and its not like there are lots of other games you have to buy right now. Plus, its at least a solid 50 hours of gameplay and its loads of fun.

Anyways, i'll just get on whenever so just talk to me if ya see me.

I'm stuck on 56k right now, but if I see you online when I get back I'll pm you to get on. BTW, people each character can have 2 special weapons (such as a sword or a special attack like a Sonic Spin) and 1 special item (i.e.- a special shield). Also all characters will have the Ride skill and will use a Horse, Chocobo or something to that effect.

P.S.- Story is begining to fill out and will be posted in a few days.

P.P.S.- I'm hoping for 5-10 PCs so please sign up more people. Anybody you know who would like to play and is familiar with the console industry please get them here. Many of the boss characters will pretty much require you to team up on them to beat them.

Originally posted by DashRendar

oooooooo Nice...is that the 4 or the 6 seater? ;)

Nah, it seets 12 comfortably, and a pilot and co-pilot.

In the words of the president of esthar himself Laguna Loire, "I've always wanted to ride on that thing, plus, the name sounds so cool!"

-------------------------Back Story----------------------------------

In the land of Gaming there is a region called the Valley of the Consoles. In this valley there are several kingdoms each with well marked boundaries and operated by many lawyers. In one of these little kingdoms called the Mushroom Kingdom (owned and operated by Nintendo Ent. lawyers). In an effort to become more mature and attract more immagrants many lawyers changed the policy...this was quickly evidenced by a fat little plumber and a beautiful princess eloping to New York City (where they busted a few caps and lived out their life as a mob king and queen) leaving the kingdom in disarray...for you see. This was no ordinary plumber or princess...no. This was Mario and Princess Peach, two of the most valiant heroes of the day. With their absence a hole was felt in the kingdom. Their greatest heroes...gone. Who would protect them?

Before this question was allowed to be answered the Mighty Bowser rose up to take the throne for his own. Many tried to stop him. Even the valiant Luigi fought on the front lines leading the troops. Could he be the one to save the kingdom? Alas...it was in vain. For Luigi missed his brother Mario and his heart was not in the battle. In the midst of it all Bowser's forces were wearing down. They could not beat the legendary hero Luigi...Bowser was on the verge of giving up once again, when a courier from a hideaway in Hyrule offered an alliance of evil. The Dreaded Gannondorf was to join the fray.

With the added support Bowser was able to drive back and beat the once powerful Luigi. No one knows what became of him. Many hope that he was spared deletion, but many know they wish in vain. Terror was spreading throughout the land and all the way back to Hyrule. The concern of the people of Hyrule was so great that they went and made a militia. It was called the GIJOEs. Lead by their valiant commander, Duke, they began their march to face the forces of Bowser and Gannondorf. A messenger soon stopped them with breaking news. It was a disheartened Duke who addressed the men later that day saying.

"Men...there is a rumor that Dr. Robotnic has joined in the Alliance of Evil through a licensing of Sonic games by Nintendo."

"WOW, sir I didn't even know that Nintendo had that license!" remarked one of them men.

"Well now you know...and knowing is HALF the battle!" said Duke.

Soon the army of Evil and the GIJOEs converged at a great valley, that would later be called "The Valley of Frags." The armies cleared the each edge of the valley. Each side of the valley massed with soldiers. Then with a yell and cheering from the Alliance of Evil large and impressive figure appeared...then another...and another. Three imposing figures stood out from the army of Evil...Bowser...Gannondorf...and Robotnic. With a yell the Alliance of Evil charged down the valley. And then with an equally impressive "GO JOE!" the GIJOEs were off down the hill too.

Your squad in the GIJOEs in near the front in the clash of armies and quickly engages a large force of Koopa Troopas. 13 of the Troopas are headed your way fast...be prepared for the fight of your lives...

*and this is where you would start*

Right now I'm working on some characters and all that fun stuff...BTW, Tie sometime this week if possible get on IM and we'll talk out your character. I'll pm you if I see you.

Woohoo! I'll take the four on the right, you take the four on the left, and you take the four in the middle. Got it? *Claps in unison with others* Break!

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

OK I'll try to make my own, Fergadilia (you're name is VERY easy to make nicknames out of :p)

Well I made it...just gotta get you to clear it...

O and can I drive one of dem carts on rails, except that this one ran OFF the rails?

yeah I guess. I might have some trouble thinking up more weapons then Ice for Sub-Zero...Cyrax...well I've probably played as his a long time ago...but I have no clue now.

Sub Zero Special Stuff

Weapons- Ice Beam and ???

Item- ???

If possible please try to fill these blanks in for me...k? (If you can't I can come up with some special extras like combo punching, Ice Punch, etc)

Archived