Home

Alienware Computers

Ansible

I heard of this company a good while ago, but never really looked at there stuff. There computers are friggan awesome, you can check them out here http://www.alienware.com .

Some of them may be a little pricey, but before you turn up your nose and put away the wallet you need to check out the specs of these babies! You can even customize your own, put anything on it! Also, they go into the operating system and delete unwanted software, and all those annoying offers.

They also come with top of the line cooling systems, with a constant airflow to cool down all of your comp, allowing long term game play (or whatever you do on the computer)!

I plan on getting an Area 51, I'll most likely have enough for it at the end of next summer.

BTW, who owns one of these systems?

I heard of that company a long while ago, and they were insanely expensive then, and they still are.

You could build your own with just about the same specs for under $2000. Sure, you don't get the little tweaks they do, but is that really worth $1000 or more. Besides, most of the stuff they do is just getting all the latest and most compatible drivers and making all the settings so that games will work better. If you know what you are doing you can do that too.

Still, they are really good quality machines and they look awesome, but simply not worth it in my mind.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

I heard of that company a long while ago, and they were insanely expensive then, and they still are.

You could build your own with just about the same specs for under $2000. Sure, you don't get the little tweaks they do, but is that really worth $1000 or more. Besides, most of the stuff they do is just getting all the latest and most compatible drivers and making all the settings so that games will work better. If you know what you are doing you can do that too.

Still, they are really good quality machines and they look awesome, but simply not worth it in my mind.

I am in complete agreement with Tie Guy. It's not worth spending extra money out of your pocket when you could actually customize and save depending on what parts you get and such. It will take a while for Alienware computers to go down in price, so your best bet is to customize or simply wait imo.....

Sure you could build your own similar computer for about $1,000 less. But does it come with support? A groovy Alienware mousepad and t-shirt? A personalized owners manual? The signature alien? Is it professional? Can you build it as fast as they can?

Originally posted by Eets

Sure you could build your own similar computer for about $1,000 less. But does it come with support? A groovy Alienware mousepad and t-shirt? A personalized owners manual? The signature alien? Is it professional? Can you build it as fast as they can?

I've had multiple problems with my computer (arghh!!!), but not once have i called the Gateway people. My dad and I have always been able to fix it ourselves. Support is for idiots who don't have a clue what they are doing and mess everything up without knowing it. And the so called "tech support" people are hardly useful. I've never called a tech support place that hasn't told me either to do things i've already done or that i'm basically screwed (mostly the cable people). Of course, we got it fixed anyways.

How many times daily do you look at the owner's manual?

Sure they look cool, but thats hardly worth it.

I could build one in less than a day if i had all the parts, and that means it would only take me a day plus however long it took to ship. Thats probably about the same time it would take for them to process my order, build it, and ship it to me. I've had to practically take apart my computer and rebuild it in one night.

Oh, I already have a mousepad from when i went to the Olympics in Atlanta.

I say the best thing about buying a computer from a company is that you get a warranty, so that if something goes terribly wrong you can get it replaced, rather then go and spend 200-500 bucks fixing it, buying parts, ect.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived