Home

Grappling hook

-Tercero-

well judging by what he said in his last post, it looks as though it'll be out anytime. however, i have a feeling that they may have already submitted it but jediknightii.net hasn't posted it yet. that's where they only sent their jetpack mod last time. hopefully, eternal can tell us how it's going and possibly give us a link to download here until jkii.net gets back up.

until then.....

*keeps giggling until Eternal returns*

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi again, sorry for the long wait ;)

but i've been really bussy with other things lately.

i will probably release the source code soon, with the

mod (it isn't completely finished yet, lacks some graphics etc.

but it does work rather good... might need an easier

to use control scheme tough (hard to think of one which doesn't

use like 100 keys :D)

but i'll get the mod together and try to post it on jk2 when i have some more time. (tonight maybe? :p)

aaahhhrgggg :p

nooo timmeee :rolleyes:

contact me this evening (European time) on icq (50535326)

to remember me to finish the mod.. when i'm

at home i have soo much stuff to do i always

forget :p

hope i remember it this evening.. and hope i have some time ;)

hook is still just a little buggy tough, but it does work cool :)

and since i''ll probably release the source code some guys which

actually understand the code (wow ;)) will fix the last few buggies :) (not much noticable...)

also once i released the mod, don't go asking me every silly

question possible ;) (hmm... thinks of jetpack :p) and read the

information with the released version :p

really hope i can get it done this weekend...

ok...........

FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH

oh and dont forget to FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH FINISH

is that enough reminder..........

hey Eternal, it probably is too late to suggest this already, but im assuming while swinging and approaching your grapple point you would be moving at incrdible speeds. therefore, im assuming it would be unfair for mecs to have that and a long range weapon such as repeater at the same time. making them hard targets and dangerous. so i was wondering if it could be mapped to a weapon, such as the stun baton and use grapple as its secondary function :D.

You're not moving too fast unless you're swinging, and it would be as hard to hit another guy as for another guy to hit you so :)

also i'm not spening any more time on the code and i'll probably just release the mod with code. (holds code for reloadable weapons, jetpack (already out ;)) and the hook, and a small

start to a class system)

i'll try to mail it to a few sites this evening so you can all finally take a look :p

Originally posted by The Eternal

You're not moving too fast unless you're swinging, and it would be as hard to hit another guy as for another guy to hit you so :)

also i'm not spening any more time on the code and i'll probably just release the mod with code. (holds code for reloadable weapons, jetpack (already out ;)) and the hook, and a small

start to a class system)

i'll try to mail it to a few sites this evening so you can all finally take a look :p

w00t... can't wait to try it out. :D

• 2 weeks later...

bump...only been two months since this was announced, dont want to rush anyone :p.

somewhere in this thread it went from "we wont release the source" to "im gonna post the source soon" without any announcement of the change, right? or did i miss something?

Archived