Home

Afterlife MAC

BooJaka

There was recently an auction for Afterlife (I don't care what anyone says, it's a great game) on Ebay the other day in a really weird box. It kinda opened at the middle I think rather than at the top or whatever and looked quite cool. I didn't win because of that damn proxy bid rule but that's not important. The important thing is that since then the only ones I've been able to find like that are Mac versions. Did they only releasr that box for the Mac versions or am I just blind?

I think what happened is they only made one run of the Mac version, and multiple runs of the PC one. I know with the DOTT box, the first manufacturing run had the funky triangle shaped box, but retailers were annoyed because they didnt stack or sit on shelves properly, so they started putting it in the square box. Odds are they did this with Afterlife too, but the Mac versions, having a much smaller number made, were all or almost all in the oddly shaped first-run boxes, wheras the PC, with tons of copies and multiple printings, has a larger number with the normal sized and shaped box. That's just my guess though.

actually I ordered Afterlife for the pc in July or so when it was still available in the Lucas (online) Company Store and I was kinda amazed too how this box worked. It has the size of a normal gamebox. As you know the boxart is split up in a top part and a bottom part. Heaven and hell. And the border between these is in the middle and you actually open the box with two flaps that come together in the middle. So it was not just the mac version that had that kind of box.

Also I was in extremely luck cause the Outlaws adventurer was actually in the box! Afterlife mustve sold so badly I still got a version from their shelf from the old days.. w00t! :)

Yeah but Quez, you know about that dodgy thing with the Indiana Jones Actiob boxes - my Last Crusade one is small! Like that other guys FoA one is! But my FoA one is big! And his Last Crusade one is big! Oh man. And my Zak is wrong. I mean, its the right size from the from, but it isn't the PC release so its thin. It isn't a box, its a sleeve. Bastards.

Originally posted by LucasTones

Oh man! I know about all those games, like Fractalus and Labyrinth, but they aren't adventures!! Ohhhhhhhh. I'm gonna be broke. Ok! I'll buy them. But on your head be it when I can't afford tuition.

TUITION!

*stupid tutored bastard*

Concerning the Zak box:

All my 3 PC releases are in the thin boxes and the AMIGA one is also.

My original Maniac Mansion box is thin also.

Think they used the bigger ones for Maniac Mansion Enhanced version first.

I think your copy is the right one (never saw any trace of a bigger one besides with the numerous cheap label re-releases).

No, there's a proper boxed version. With a lid.

*sigh*

Scabb, is this a "stupid tutored bastard" like when I told you I had a Gamecube and you said I was gay, but it was because you were jealous?:D

Somehow I doubt that. But I'm at college anyway, no Uni till next year.

Hm.

What is in this lid box then ?

Mine contain this (also backed by the front label):

1. 256k version -> 3,5 and 5,25 disks (yellow label)

2. 384k version -> 3,5 disks (blue label)

3. 384k version -> 5,25 disks (blue label)

Also containing the copy protection and the newspaper.

We really need something like http://www.vintage-sierra.com :)

Archived