Home

Guns!

Riffage

1. if there would be no guns, there would be no gunshot fatalities

2. if there are little guns and there is high security and safety (active police) there are little gunshot fatalities

3. if there are a lot of guns and they are easy to come by for anyone, there will be more use of and therefore more (if not accidental) gunshot fatalities

4. us = lots of guns = lots of gangs = lots of open crime = lots of death

holland = little guns = few drugs-groups = lots of concentrated crime = little deaths

1. Guns get rid of bad people

2. Guns provide a great source of income for people such as hitmen and door to door guns salesmen

3. Guns make loud noises that sound really cool

4. People with guns are cool people.

5. Guns are great consolation for men with small genitalia

6. First Person Shooters

7. Shooting defensless animals is immensly enjoyable

8. Pulp Fiction

9. We could never have completed CMI without using a gun

10. The population is too high anyway

i hate Holland for its tolerance towards soft drugs :(

(btw don't forget that hard drugs ARE illegal in the netherlands. soft drugs are allowed, 5 grams of lets say weed per day. However when the police halts you on the street and finds weed on you they will take it from you nonetheless.)

but hey...we have windmills!

Originally posted by QueZTone

i hate Holland for its tolerance towards soft drugs :(

(btw don't forget that hard drugs ARE illegal in the netherlands. soft drugs are allowed, 5 grams of lets say weed per day. However when the police halts you on the street and finds weed on you they will take it from you nonetheless.)

I thought it was illegal for the police to search you in Holland?

And what's wrong with soft drugs anyway? Marijuana is a lot safer than alchohol, and both are popular amongst normal people.

My philosophy is don't knock it until you've tried it. So I suggest you go out and buy some Opium seeds.

Banning guns means that only gangs and punks would have guns. Thusly, you will have no means of defense against someone who has one, albeit illegally.

The legal soft drugs are a huge part of what keeps gun violence down, as many shootings are directly related to drugs.

I'm not a big fan of guns. I agree with all the arguments against guns.

But at the same time, I can't find any moral justification for banning people from owning them if that's what they want to do. Seems to me you can only punish someone after they shoot someone with a gun, not before.

That's the trouble with being a libertarian (I use the word cautiously) - sometimes you have to allow things you don't personally agree with in the interests of freedom.

And with drugs, the same argument applies. I have absolutely no business telling anyone what they may or may not put into their body. I do think, however, that a lot of drugs are essentially harmless when used responsibly.

The way to combat both drugs and guns is with public awareness campaigns. Just telling people not to do it is how we deal with kids, not adults.

I live in Australia, which is a shame, because I enjoy guns. I own a small 9mm semi-auto pistol, a 12 gauge autoloading shotgun and a small bolt-action .22 rifle which I need in order to belong to a gun club, which I need to own a gun liscence. All my weapons bar the rifle are illegal in this country, but I don't feel I should hand them over just because one nutball decided to shoot up a bunch of people. I'm very responsible with my weapons, I keep them unloaded in a treble locked metal gun cabinet when I'm not going to use them, I always take the time to learn about a weapon before I purchase it (I'm currently trying to get my hands on a HK MP5/10, but I don't know if it's even been released yet.) and I never ever use a gun for anything but target shooting (except the shotgun, it's overpowered and really not much use for that, I use a competition weapon from the club.). I don't even the guns for self defense. Shooting is excellent for improving co-ordination, reflexes, even dexterity. There's a lot of skill involved, and it's fun too.

Few things piss me off more than people who lump gun owners together as though we were all a bunch of psychotic rednecks on the verge of shooting up the local K-mart. It's these same people who tout the "expert" opinion that tighter gun laws = no shootings. All it does is squeeze the balls of law-abiding citizens and make illegal arms dealers richer.

When communinism swept through Yugoslavia the first thing the 'police' did was confiscate guns from the populous.

Without weapons revolt is impossible.

Besides banning guns would be just like keeping drugs illegal. Dumbass pot heads will always get there pot, and coked-out Brits will always be able to get what they need. It would be a useless effort.

Archived